5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant album
Having listened to Capercaille for years I first saw them this year at Sidmouth folk festival ,I believe it is the furthest south they have been ?.....I thought it was a stunning concert and that night ordered this album. it does not disappoint. It is true to their Gaelic roots with a lovely blend of contemporary rhythms and sounds .The title track is one of the best...
Published 18 months ago by Mr. David B. Gwilliam

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen.
an average album.
Published 4 months ago by bridgette mooney

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning album, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
Stunning new album. The Gaelic songs are particularly haunting. Saw them live preforming tracks from the album at the Sidmouth Folk Festival last week. Highly recommend At the Heart of it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Capercaillie at their best., 6 May 2014
All the tracks are superb, and some are brilliant. I could listen to this all day. Capercaillie just get better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars At the heart of it all, 4 April 2014
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Capercailie since their early days and this is Capercailie at their best - back to their musical roots. A brilliant cd, each track beautifully performed. Good variety of music too, jigs and reels, all with that Capercailie magic. Karen Matheson's voice just gets better. The track which is the title of the cd is the only one in English, but no way detracts from the Gaelic feel of the song. Worth it just for this track alone. Exceptional musicians, enjoying their music, and it comes across on every track on this cd. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, 24 Mar. 2014
CN "Waverley" (W Sussex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
Another - long overdue - masterpiece from this great group. A must for all Capercaillie fans. Hope more is to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars At the Heart of it all, 7 Mar. 2014
D. A. Makin - See all my reviews
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
This is all that I require in music. A very heavy combination of Celtic Music, jazz, blues and rock. Everyone I have shared it with has enjoyed the listening experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to that wonderful sound., 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Capercaillie since the wonderful 'The Blood Is Strong', still my overall favourite. Although I have enjoyed their other albums, noticeably 'Secret People', I was a little disappointed in what seemed to be a drift from their Gaelic roots towards what I have heard described as 'World Music'.
This album is a move back to their wonderful Gaelic sound and I am the happier for it. The richness of Karen's voice and the strong instrumental performance from the rest of the band make this a very good album. More like this please.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD from Capercaillie, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
Very good recording from Capercaillie much better than Songs of the '45, in my opinion.
More like their normal high standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Capercaillie - they are just great!, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
I've followed the band for years. I've seen them live on many occasions and I think i've just about added every cd to my collection but let them keep coming. Possibly Scotland's top folk band but as the years go by it gets very difficult to keep up with the up and coming new musicians but some how Capercaillie, Karen Matheson and Donald Shaw keep doing it, fantastic yet again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Capercaillie, 16 Jan. 2014
Amazon Customer (Ayrshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
Capercaillie at their best . A great album with something for every one. An album for the car or just to relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely CD, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: AT THE HEART OF IT ALL (Audio CD)
I bought it as a gift for my sister in Canada and she played it as we chatted on the phone. She is delighted with it.

AT THE HEART OF IT ALL
AT THE HEART OF IT ALL by Capercaillie (Audio CD - 2013)