5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book
I got this book as I am learning how to use a mac laptop computer with this operating system. The book is very good it starts very basic and works up from there. With in four weeks I was using the mac as if I had never used a Windows computer .
Published 16 months ago by Tiggrrrr

2.0 out of 5 stars not full coverage
It did not cover the parts that I required i.e. iPhoto and iMovie I required these elements for my use
Published 16 months ago by Gary Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book, 15 Feb. 2014
I am very pleased with this book because it has guided me through every step I had to learn to be able to use the mac laptop and also I was able to go back as many steps as I needed to to refresh my memory when I got stuck on any point. The way the book has been written I was also able to skip some bits as I could do them.

It came very well wrapped and early I was very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and readable, 26 Dec. 2013
Mr. A. Taylor-Bennett (Chichester, UK) - See all my reviews
A good book to read if you are a novice or, like me, you'd sussed out 90% of the OS and wanted the gaps filled in. I'll pass it on to a friend now - it's not a book to keep on referring to once you've got from it what you want to know.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: OS X Mavericks For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
As with all "dummies" books there is a lot of information packed into it, it helps to make this operating system more friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 15 Mar. 2014
very easy to understand for beginers made learning easier. would recommend to any one learning on a new apple computer.

2.0 out of 5 stars not full coverage, 16 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Dummy, 10 Mar. 2014
Mr. Dm Bolger (Charent; France) - See all my reviews
This book has been a great help as are new to this operating system since buying our new Apple iMac

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book it's helping me understand my new imac no ..., 21 Sept. 2014
Superb Book it's helping me understand my new imac no end. I have a few different books from the dummies series for different subjects. It doesn't matter what the subject matter is they're all superb!

3.0 out of 5 stars Have found several things I would have liked to have known missing., 25 Feb. 2014
I am new to iMacs . This book did n't answer many of my basic queries e.g. Why does the add widgets extra widgets section list many widgets that the computer does n't want to open (non-approved developers). How do I set a weekly alarm buzzer at a set time and day? Why is it so difficult to set up mail if using BT in the UK ?
Good on what it covers but considering many prospective customers will be Windows converts it could be a lot better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 12 Aug. 2014
This book is out of date with Mavericks already. Quite a few of the diagrams and directions just simply do not exist on my Mavericks machine. Hopeless.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am happy to be a Dummy with this book to help, 24 Jun. 2014
A really helpful and clearly written book that is ideal for dipping into. It has answered all of my questions and far, far more.

OS X Mavericks For Dummies