5.0 out of 5 stars School Disco Revival
I loved this CD set. I listen to it every day in the car during my long commute and it transports me back to School days and school discos. I have had other 70s CD sets before but this set includes some really good tracks - Crazy Horses by the Osmonds and Blockbuster by Sweet - which when they come on have me turning up full volume and rocking along. Certainly helps to...
Published 18 months ago by Cheryll

3.0 out of 5 stars Several songs are NOT the original single versions...
Some are later remixes or re-recordings - "Cuba", "I Love The Nightlife", "Gonna Get Along Without You Now", "Fool (If You Think It's Over"), but then you never get the 1978 version anywhere, "Misty", "I'm On Fire", which does not feature Tina Charles on vocals and "Native New Yorker".

I bought this because a previous reviewer had said they were all the...
Published 19 months ago by Robstacles

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many re-recordings/re-mixes, 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
It's really disappointing that so many of the tracks are NOT the original UK single versions. Some are re-recordings, others are re-mixes that must have been released much later. Another reviewer has made a list of most of the tracks affected: I wish I'd read it before buying this compilation!

5.0 out of 5 stars My great review of this cd, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
I gave this a 5 star fantastic value for money.Me and my wife both absolutely love the 70s music its brought back great memorys of our younger years very easy listening Everyone should buy this cd we highly recomend this to you all fantastic cd..

5.0 out of 5 stars ... in your 40s) but if not this is a great CD pack anyway - definitely worth purchasing yourself a ..., 17 May 2015
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
well worth purchasing - all the songs are ones you will recognise (if your in your 40s) but if not this is a great CD pack anyway - definitely worth purchasing yourself a copy especially for the price - bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes Sir, I can boogie - but I need a certain song, 21 Sept. 2013
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Brentwood) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
I have just finished listening to all 5 discs of this box-set and, I have to say, it was a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend just over five hours of my life. Definitely more appealing than doing the ironing, unblocking the sink and clearing everything with at least a month's worth of mould on it out of my fridge anyway. Pardon? Oh no, no... no, I couldn't have done all that AND listen to this rather wonderful little 70s collection. Oh no - because I felt obliged to really give this music my very fullest attention. For YOU! Yes, that's what it was. I'm not a lazy, skiving good-for-nothing at all... I am instead the very soul of generosity. There. That sounds so impressive that I think I might just start believing it myself!

These discs contain 100 classic seventies tracks, representing a wide variety of musical styles, yet all mingling cheerfully with one another under the umbrella of '70s School Days'. I suspect it is aimed at people who were in secondary school in the seventies and who can remember boogying on down to a lot of these songs at school discos and the like. I was born in 1970 so that does somewhat eliminate me from enquiries, yet pretty much every single track on here turned out to be very familiar. Even the ones I didn't think I recognised by their names alone were apparently all rattling around in my mind somewhere, just waiting for the right music collection to come along and release them.

I was going to say that I don't think there is a single rubbish track on here but, fortunately, the presence of 'I Don't Like Mondays' on CD2 has just saved me from that sort of over-enthusiastic hyperbole. I daresay that song has incredible artistic merit but, let's face it - it doesn't make you want to don a tight sequinned top, step into a pair of roller skates and whiz merrily around your kitchen the same way as something like 'I Will Survive' might.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then.

For all of its virtues, I do have one small problem with this product; when I played the discs on Windows Media Player, the track listings were haphazard to say the least. The information that comes up for CD1 is pretty much complete, although two songs simply come up as 'unknown'. CD2 doesn't appear to like divulging what's actually on it any more than The Boomtown Rats liked Mondays. CD3 suffers from a similar degree of shyness, as does CD5. Although CD4 did at least get as far as telling me where I could find 'Love Rollercoaster' before apparently remembering that it had also signed the music equivalent of the 'Official Secrets Act' and just generally telling me where I could go.

Clearly, this is going to be a bit of a pain if I want to listen to these discs on the computer. Which I undoubtedly will, especially if it means I can somehow get round having to do any actual work on the computer by doing so.

Hm... maybe I AM a lazy, skiving good-for-nothing after all?

5.0 out of 5 stars 70s youth and proud of it., 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
Well, CD3 is a bit too 'disco' for me but it all brings back so many memories of my misspent youth. Very good value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
Bit disappointed as thought would be more to my taste in the music of my childhood

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
Excellent CD, it brought back memory after memory, a great trip down memory lane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Jan. 2015
Mrs. S. E. Marley "sweepy" (durham) - See all my reviews
Great! Reminds me of doing 'The Bear' at our school youthclub

5.0 out of 5 stars The seventys, 29 May 2015
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
Makes me feel like I'm back in my teens.
Great songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars right in my era, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days (Audio CD)
Love this loads of great tracks bought as christmas gift for OH. Makes for great listening and brings back loads of memories of younger days:)

The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days
The Ultimate Collection: 70s School Days by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)