on 29 December 2013
Product arrived within the specified postal period, intact, although padded envelope 'just' large enough & slightly open. First attempt of copying good quality slides did not produce a copy of much quality at all. All 'whites', sky/clouds etc. blown out. Attempts to rectify with the minor adjustments within the device failed. PC adjustments also failed to improve quality. The few copies I tried came out with blue tinge, poor definition & extreme contrast. Not happy!
E-mail to 7dayshop was responded too immediately & they asked for the return of the device with all parts. This was all done with 3 days of accepting the device - 'proof of purchase' obtained!
I respectfully reserve final judgement on 7dayshop as I have yet to receive a reply but in the mean time, the device (appears to be the same product but given different name by different suppliers) is not worth purchasing.
What was to be a few Memory Christmas presents in the form of prints, never happened!
on 31 December 2013
It's basically a very cheap low quality camera with an led backlight. It is not a scanner at all. Build quality is fine, but technical quality is embarrassingly awful. You will be able to recognise your image from the resultant capture, but it's of no real use. I bought this thinking a first generation scan from a negative would be better than a desktop scan from a 6x4 print. I couldn't have been more wrong. Save your money, scan your prints instead and get far better results. Mine is going back.
on 15 August 2014
This item was not easy to use. It was too fiddly and the screen was too small. I have since purchased a flatbed scanner which is more efficient and so much more easier to use. I have actually put this item in a cupboard because I have no use for it, and I have wasted my money. I realise now that it is worth paying the extra money as cutting corners to try and save money has in fact cost me more. The scanner screen is not clear and it took me 10 attempts to scan one negative, and the results were unsatisfactory. I spent 4 wasted hours on this product and the results were very poor. I wish that I had not purchased it as it is time consuming and a waste of time. I would also like to state that this review is not directed to the seller, but the product itself. I would buy from the seller again, with any of my future purchases I will always check reviews first.
on 12 October 2013
It is extremely easy to use, allows you to check what slides you have already copied and uses a memory card rather than direct connection to the computer whilst saving the slides - so you can do it while watching the telly, as long as the programme is not too demanding.
The colour is not exactly as good as the slide, but pretty close, and certainly better than a slide you can't see any more because your projector is broken. There is sometimes a tendency to burn out light skin tones though I guess if I fiddled with the settings I could have done something about that.
It comes with sliders for negatives - which I have not yet got round to using - but be sure to buy at least two sliders for slides.
I now have all of by 2000 plus slides on the laptop.
on 29 May 2014
After years of trying to scan negatives on a flat bed scanner (mostly without success) it was great to get something that does it.
It's operation is simple.
If you are looking for large format high quality images from those slides and negatives then this isn't the scanner for you.
Using it on my Mac through USB was a no no.
I could only scan one image then had to eject it from the computer, switch off the scanner then switch the scanner back on to scan the next image.
The enclosed memory card is the easier option.
I had hoped that i would be able to transfer from scanner to Mac.
It may be perfectly ok in a PC Windows environment.
on 18 February 2014
Cheap construction together with useless instructions NOT worth the money this purchase has put me off buying anything off Amazon.com.
on 16 September 2013
this works well. Bit clunky putting the slide tray in the machine but can't say it has had any problems and it does the job it was intended for. Downloading the photos onto the card is great because I don't use any memory on my computer and I am going to save them in an online photo site which means others can view them with ease. Would recommend this to purchasers- just don't expect any hi tech!
on 9 September 2013
I would have thought the design could have been improved, it's very fiddly to open and load. In fact it takes longer to open the holder and load four slides than it does to scan them. I ordered these extra holders together with a slide scanner and I believe they are a universal design meaning they are a standard for use with all types of scanners.
on 4 June 2015
Arrived on time and without damage, so the low score is not for the service, that was great.

The product itself is probably as good as you can expect for the money to be honest. But the scan quality was not good enough for me to devote hours of my life to scanning ll my slides in. You get what you pay for I guess.
on 20 May 2014
I would recommend this product to anyone to who has old slides or negative strips. I had several slides that had very special memories for me, and now I have them as photos. So much cheaper than going to a store to get the same job done. So easy to use too, no difficulties. I am absolutely delighted with it. thank you!