5.0 out of 5 stars Brought as a Xmas present for my 9 year old!
I saw this in a Red5 store and was impressed. Seems fun and I think my son will like it as he's into his gadgets! Also amazon do the best prices as I paid nearly half of what the other stores are charging, so very pleased!
Published 18 months ago by Mutley

1.0 out of 5 stars Does work
Unfortunately this is a nice idea but it doesn't work. The bugs don't climb through the tubes properly as they get stuck in the joins and you spend the whole time tapping the tubes or disconnecting them to get the bugs out. We will be sending this back and swapping for the older version instead.
Published 16 months ago by Mrs G

1.0 out of 5 stars Does work, 12 Jan. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 25 April 2014
This review is from: HEXBUG nano V2 Hurricane (Toy)
Hexbugs get stuck going upwards. Child gets frustrated because track needs to be dismantled to free the hexbug. Even with expensive batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought as a Xmas present for my 9 year old!, 12 Nov. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addition to the Hexbug collection, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: HEXBUG nano V2 Hurricane (Toy)
My 5 year old son choose to buy this with his birthday money recently & he seems really pleased with it. He can join the sections together himself but struggles to get the connectors off without some help. On the whole I think it was good value at the price we paid on Amazon, however, while the Hurricane does join up with the portable hexbug playset he already has, only the V2 hexbug which came with the Hurricane can be used in the Hurricane as the ordinary hexbugs can't climb. Only other negative is that the connections between the sections may wear loose with time (particularly if it is taken apart regularly) meaning that it may start to collapse. Ours is fine so far but its only been a couple of weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars My kids rate this 4.5 stars, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: HEXBUG nano V2 Hurricane (Toy)
I'm repeating here a lot of what I said about the Barrel Roll set which Santa delivered in addition to this set in 2014.

The new remarks not included in that review will be CAPITALISED here to make it easy to find them. (Sorry if it looks like I'm shouting when using capitals - I'm not shouting...)

Hex bugs vibrate, flip and move just like beetles, cockroaches and other bugs. At first it's a shock that they are so freakishly realistic/manic in their movements. My 9 and 8 year old girl and boy have been regular users of the first version (V1) nano hex bugs for more than 2 years. The Nano V2 bugs are identical to the V1 bugs with the exception of 3 rubber spikes on their back giving them the ability to climb up little tunnel tracks.

IN THIS SET THEY FALL INTO A DARK PIT AND REAPPEAR. They mimick real bugs quite well.

We have now combined this set with the Barrel Roll set and the two sets are easily extended further by the use of the compatible original V1 tracks and hexagon cells we've had for years.

Occasionally, the bugs struggle on the upward climb and we need to pick up the constructed set and tip it to the side so while horizontal momentarily, the bugs pick up traction and be on the move again. If two bugs enter the tunnel together or attempt to cross paths, they sometimes get stuck and need help to go their own way. That help requires the track to be pulled apart and maybe a wooden skewer inserted to poke apart the rubbery surfaces of the bugs.

The challenge is now on to create a mammoth track with the old Hexbug Nano sets and have all bugs living and working together harmoniously (the original ones don't climb and may cause a road block in the entry sections of the tunnels). But the kids don't care, they are happy to help the bugs. The V2 bugs can invade all the tracks new and old, but they reign supreme, being the only climbers. The kids love the V2 sets. When our big collection of bugs is all working together, the swarm sound is incredible.

MY ONLY QUIBBLE IS THAT EACH HURRICANE SET ONLY COMES WITH ONE BUG, AND FOR THE PRICE I'D PREFER IT IF THEY CAME WITH AT LEAST 2 BUGS.

Over 2 years ago we bought a pack of 50 batteries cheaply online and surprisingly, we still have more than half of them available to us. We are not going through them at the speed I thought we would. The kids remember to switch the bugs off when not in use, so this must help quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, went down very well., 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: HEXBUG nano V2 Hurricane (Toy)
I got this for my nephew's 8th birthday today. He loves it (as did his 6-yr-old brother, and their dad). Being able to take it apart and construct in different ways is a big part of the playability, and the boys were entertained for hours watching the bugs going round, and working out new ways to combine the pieces. You only get one bug with this set, so I also bought an extra nano v2 with my order. I think more sets of this will be on the Christmas list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Son, 4 Oct. 2013
Excellent item for a very good price. Added to other nano track extends system with a new feature. Fits with the original and glow in dark systems. Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars super top great for kids., 20 Jan. 2014
Great toy, very easy to assemble, kid's loved it. Great that if u buy another it all fits in to any hexbug toy.

1.0 out of 5 stars As others have said, the bugs get stuck!, 26 Dec. 2014
J. Bell (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HEXBUG nano V2 Hurricane (Toy)
Our children have other Nano Hexbug toys which they enjoy, and so, unfortunately we bought this without reading the reviews on here - please don't make the same mistake!

Others have mentioned that the bugs get stuck in the tubes after a while. Well, they were lucky - our bugs got stuck from the offset!

We tried 4 different bugs, and all of them could not make it around the track without getting stuck. We put them all in at the same time, and within approximately 20 seconds, they were all stuck in a tube somewhere. This is despite the track being assembled correctly.

The only way to free the trapped bugs is to tap the track or in some cases dismantle a section and shake the bug out. In short, not much fun at all.

There are definitely better toys to spend your money on. One to avoid, I'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab hexbugs, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HEXBUG nano V2 Hurricane (Toy)
Great for all the hexbug fans. My son had previous tracks which broke this is far more entertaining. Only down side is you need the hexbug with bristles on their back so they can climb up the tubes. Other hex bugs don't work. Eating batteries but fun!

HEXBUG nano V2 Hurricane