Size: For Nexus 7 FHD - 2013 VersionColour Name: BlackChange
Price:£3.99+£3.99shipping

on 2 January 2015
When I got this for nexus 7, I was happy. But after using it for 3 months now, I am not happy at all. The little metal (magnetic) parts on the case edge came off recently. Now the case cover is not magnetically sticking to the device. Storing it in my back pack is not safe anymore for the screen as the cover comes off (no magnetic action any more). Not good for long term use. Looking to buy another reliable case now. (not this one though)
on 10 September 2013
To clarify I bought the "Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Black III" version, which looks identical to MoKo Ultra Slim MoKo Google New Nexus Case just without the "moko" print on the metal part, and it costs less than half the price.

My Nexus 7 slips right in with 0 effort, but it takes some force to pull it back out (which is good!). The magnet keeping the cover closed is strong enough, and the magnet for the screen lock sensor is strong enough to lock the screen when covered and NOT strong enough to accidentally lock the screen when the cover is flipped to the back.

Overall a very satisfactory purchase.
on 4 January 2014
This review is for the IVSO® Slim Smart Cover Case for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2013 Tablet with Auto Sleep/Wake Function (Black), which I purchased in December 2013.

Straight off I want to say that I really like this case and I'm very happy with the purchase. If I remember, I'll come back and do a longer term review.

The case is not particularly light which might explain why it seems so robust (no complaints there - I did buy it after all primarily for protection) but in appearance it's actually quite slim, which doesn't make me feel too bad about using it and losing the beautiful extra slim feel of the (unprotected) Nexus itself. The case fits well and doesn't obscure the front of the Nexus like those covers where you have to slip it right inside a frame that covers most of the bezel. When my wife saw it her first reaction was "that looks classy", which is at least in part down to the contrast between it and the two bulkier all leather cases she's seen before. I have to say I agree - to me it feels and looks classy.

Opening and closing it has activated the magnetic sleep/wake-up function every time so far and it hasn't activated (or I suppose, strictly speaking, de-activated!) when the lid has been folded back into either of the stand positions.

Both stand positions, as illustrated on the website, seem quite stable, surprisingly so to me given how small the supporting triangle s, but swiping and pressing do not seem to cause any stability issues. Having the two options - more inclined for working/typing on it and more upright for reading or watching TV or videos etc is very useful.

The only parts of the Nexus that are exposed when the cover is closed need to be exposed i.e. the gaps for the speakers, buttons and HDMI connection. Concern has been expressed in some reviews about the magnetic clasp on the cover. Certainly having it on the outside of rather than under the lining material is different from other cases I've seen and I'd prefer it to be hidden (like on the excellent MOFRED case I have for the Nexus 2012). However, on closing the case, it seems to land pretty much on the two magnets built in to the side of the case. That it might move over the glass a bit if subjected to pressure or movement in a pocket or bag is I guess a real possibility, as it rides up a little when you hold it closed in your hand with the clasp side down, though the metal piece doesn't have any rough edges that I can feel and the magnetic attraction is quite strong.

Delivered quickly, well enough packaged and so overall, an easy 5 stars from me.
on 3 December 2013
After reading about 90% of the reviews for this case and saw a great deal gave it 5 stars I thought I would take the plunge and I'm rather glad I did. The case arrived promptly, (estimated delivery was 16 days, I had it within around 5) and the case was a good choice. I purchased one a while back similar to this and it is no comparison to this superior product. While this case feel more sturdy and adds a little to the overall weight it makes me feel my Nexus is protected. It has gaps in the case for headphones, speakers and charging socket which yes they are exposed but without this would interfere with the overall use of the case. My Nexus fits perfectly into the case and is easy to put in and remove without feeling that it might pop out anytime while using it.

In landscape the case stands well and remains in postition comfortably without fear of it slipping forward and cracking the screen. Also the magnetised flap is perfectly set. I've had no issues like some of the reviewers where when folded right back the magnet activates sleep mode. Been using this for a little over a week and feel its a great product and is easily the sweetest case I've laid my hands on. It feels good quality, sturdy and should hopefully last me a long time due to the build quality. I would recommend this case to a friend anyday.

So if you want your shiny new Nexus to be protected this is the case for you.
on 28 November 2013
I used a silicon case on my previous Nexus 7 but decided to try a smart case style when I upgraded to the 2013 model. I've been impressed with this case and won't be going back to the silicon ones for a number of reasons.

The fully enclosing nature of the case means that my screen is also protected, my old Nexus got a scratch on the screen within the first month while I was waiting for the screen protectors to arrive. I had to spend the next year staring at that scratch and listening to friends helpfully point out that it was scratched.

The case is durable, I've already dropped it a few times, once down the stairs, with no adverse effects.

The smart cover stand is practical and more useful than I would have thought, I never used a stand with the previous model and didn't think it would be something I'd use but I couldn't live without it now, it's probably the most useful additional feature for me.

The extra weight is noticeable but just on the edge of what's comfortable. Without the case my Nexus is 297g, the case adds an extra 139g bringing the total weight up to 436g. I read in bed holding it above my head and I have to swap arms occasionally as it gets tiring. However, I've had the same problem with all previous cases I've used so this isn't anything new.

I've not had any problems with the magnets as described by previous reviewers.
on 25 January 2015
on the image looks like there are nice magnetic connections for the front cover to attach firmly to the body. The one i received does not. the top frame is just thing plastic.

The reason i am only leaving 2 stars in because the metal hinge has scratched the screen, probably something which would have been avoided if i actually got the one that i ordered. Luckily a Matte screen guard is used on the device, just leaves a horrible scrathed area on the screen.
review image
on 20 October 2013
This integrated case and cover for the new(2013) model Nexus 7 is brilliant value.

A perfect fit for the tablet, you just pop it in to the plastic clips which hold the Nexus very securely - no chance of it accidentally falling out - but still allowing full access to power and volume buttons as well as the micro USB port. The back is light but reassuringly robust and has well designed, rounded cutouts for the camera lens and speakers

The thin cover is snaps neatly shut thanks to a magnet and small metal clasp. A concealed magnet cleverly powers up the Nexus when you open the cover and switches it off when you close it. Unlike some other covers, I've not had any problems with the magnet turning the tablet off if you fold the cover right back behind the unit.

Despite being very thin, the cover feels sturdy and the soft microfibre lining does a good job keeping the screen protected and clean. Folding the cover into a toblerone-style triangular tube, you can either balance the Nexus near vertical for reading, watching videos etc or have it near horizontal which is much more convenient for typing.

One tip - make sure you fold the cover with the inner microfibre lining staying inside the triangle (ie cover material staying on the outside). That way, the magnets in the cover will hold the triangle just enough to be able to use it to prop up the Nexus. Do it the other way and not only will the protective microfibre inner get dirty and scratched, but you'll find that the triangle won't hold together and the tablet will keep falling over.

All in all - well designed case and cover that looks much more expensive than it actually is. Brilliant value
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 October 2014
My old case fell apart within 5 months. This one feels like it's a better quality product and looks really smart. No negatives yet, but if you want something that will offer good protection from a big impact this case may not be suitable as it is quite slender. Fine for everyday knocks and bumps but I wouldn't want to drop my Nexus to verify how tough the case is!
on 25 January 2014
I looked at lots of cases for my great little Nexus 7 - and there seem to be lots of good ones.
This one was a great price - and I'm really happy with it.
It fits perfectly - and holds the nexus really securely. Easy to open - and it has the embedded magnet so that opening the case turns the nexus on, and closing it turns it off. There are some reviews on here saying that it sometimes turns it off when you've got the case fully open - ie. the magnet working through the other side of the nexus - but I've never had a problem with that.
It's probably not the best as a stand - it will stand horizontally on a flat surface - but you've only really got one option - no vertical stand or different angles. But - really happy with the case as it is.
on 17 March 2014
I bought this cover after having to return another cover of a different make that was too tight for my Google Nexus tablet. All in all, I am very pleased with this cover. It is a good fit and the part of the cover that folds back to act as a stand is sturdy and holds the tablet in place. I purchased a red one and it is very attractive. The magnetic clasp works well and puts the tablet into sleep mode when you close the cover thereby conserving your tablet's battery life. All the cut outs for the on/off switch, volume control, battery charger, camera etc are correctly positioned. The price of this product is very reasonable too so I would definitely recommend it.

See one answered question