4.0 out of 5 stars The Bible brought to life
Published 10 months ago by Alison Woodhead

3.0 out of 5 stars good but a missed opportunity
This is a good series but could have been great. The reason I say this is because it could have covered much more of the Bible than it actually does. Instead it concentrates more on the new testament which has been covered in many other TV adaptations and films. So it inevitably invites comparison with those other adaptations. For me the "Jesus of Nazareth" TV series is...
Published 12 months ago by The Avenger

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bible brought to life, 15 Feb 2014
This is an excellent piece of work, bringing the Bible to life for the average viewer, whether or not they are believing Christians. It seems to be authentic in costume, setting and the lifestyle of the times. I didn't particularly enjoy some of the violence and gruesome details but I prefer that to the sanatised versions we often see. I did not think the portrayal of Jesus conveyed His strength of character.It reminded me of the images in a Victorian illustrated Bible.
The film gives an outline of the Bible covering all the main events, but inevitably having to make slight changes to some stories in order to compress them to a suitable length. It certainly drove me to the Bible to read again and check the accuracy of some parts I thought I knew but didn't. I hope it will encourage other people to do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic series, 15 Feb 2014
I saw this series advertised on channel 5 but missed the first one.
Then i taped the second and found my self behind with it all. so i bought
this item. and i have loved it; even if you are a Christian watching this
don't get hung up on a few; different mistakes if you like; if you are not
a Christian but like Biblical films you will love this. The point is that the message
of Jesus Christ is out there; so that's great stuff. Fantastic series and now that
i own them on disc i can watch them again

5.0 out of 5 stars the bible series, 31 Dec 2013
I found it absolutely great! the special effects are really what I've always longed for in making the bible & it's characters come alive. I bought it for a family member as a new year's gift after she saw the television series & was so impressed by it. I watched the dvd's myself first before I gave it to her to make sure it was the right ones as seen on television & I couldn't stop watching until I've seen it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Feb 2014
This is an excellent series of stories of the bible easy to understand,very easy to follow lovely tearful ending and I recommend this to anyone interested in understanding about the bible this is directed by the same guy who was in Jesus of Nazareth which is also such a DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars What a message - delivered to a screen near you?, 29 Jan 2014
P. scarbro (UK) - See all my reviews
This retelling is superbly portrayed and accurately tells parts of the best-selling book of all time... The Bible. Buy it, enjoy it, learn from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Bible - TV Miniseries [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Movie is great!if someone is thinking about buying this dvd I can highlight recommend!Also Great service!I can recommend!no problem!quick and reliable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 27 Jan 2014
Excellent film that covers most of the story of bible. If you didn't read this holy book you should at least wach this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Miniseries!, 4 May 2013
J. Bonner - See all my reviews
This miniseries of The Bible is a must have. It covers everything from Abraham to Joshua to Samson right through an incredible depiction of Jesus' life and beyond. Made by husband/wife team Roma Downey (Touched by an Angel)and Mark Burnett (Survivor), they have clearly spared no expense in bringing the Bible to life. And with Roma Downey playing Mary too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible - TV Miniseries, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Bible - TV Miniseries [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It's a great film to watch if you believe in the Bible.I bought the blue ray version.the best Bible film yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Religious knowledge, 26 Jan 2014
J. WEBSTER - See all my reviews
I had forgotten to record this when it was on terrestrial TV so I had to have the DVD. Good price, quick delivery - outstanding!

The Bible - TV Miniseries [Blu-ray]
The Bible - TV Miniseries [Blu-ray] by Tony Mitchell (Blu-ray - 2013)
Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks