on 26 October 2013
I received this book free to read and review.
This is a series that I am thoroughly enjoying but it does really need reading in the order published as it is difficult to jump in half way and have any real understanding of what is going on.
This one is back on earth and deals with the continuing rift between the two main factions governing earth and the effort needed to bring them together in order to be ready to defend against the coming invasion by the Meme. As much political intrigue as science fiction although it does have the cyborg theme running through it. I liked the way the characters were further developed with their individual strengths and weaknesses. At the end I was left wanting to know what was going to happen next and would earth be ready to defend itself from the coming attack.
Excellent, but read the others first.
on 30 July 2013
It's no secret I'm a big fan of VanDyke's work, especially the Eden Plague series. Like many of his recent titles, "Cyborg Strike" is a little shorter than the earlier Plague Wars books, but still plenty of action that kept me hooked over the course of a couple of evenings - and the shorter running time made for more tension as the plot kept driving forward with relentless pace.

The story focuses mainly on a favourite character of mine, Spooky, who finds himself facing off against a seemingly-invincible enemy - one who is half machine and half... something else. Needless to say, there's plenty of bone-crunching action to keep fans happy, and several chapters from the evil Cyborg's point of view give a refreshing and unique twist.

Even if you've not read the author's other books, this is still worth a go - it works well as a standalone novel, and any background info that's required is tastefully and subtly covered, so you won't miss out on anything.

Definitely worth a read - trust me, you'll be hooked.
on 8 November 2015
As a huge fan of Plague Wars Series I was a tad disappointed with this one. For me there was far too much build up for the final battle and I found myself wishing the characters would just get on with it. I was equally surprised when the book ended, I was expecting more, and it left me feeling that if I hadn't read this one I wouldn't have missed much (except the next part of the story might not have made total sense). Of course being a huge fan of this Series I have already purchased Book 9 and I do hope that this is more suited to my tastes, as most of the other books in the series have been.
on 26 September 2014
It all starts with an idea that might not like completely original, as other authors in the past explored similar themes, but the the Plague Wars series evolves into something completely different, presenting you characters that will become like friends to end up into Space for an Epic Saga that could easily be made into great movies!

this book is preparing for the Grand FInale....
...or a Great Beginning?
on 16 October 2013
Loved everything about this book about this series, good tech, believable, real military knowledge Spooky is a great character ace...
on 26 October 2013
Yet another great author who has pulled me in with his series of books. more please and dont be slow about it
on 18 November 2014
None of this series has disappointed me yet. The many different sub plots keep these books fresh and exciting.