1,166 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Far exceeded my expectations
This case is truly awesome.

The good:
1) The "leather" on it feels and looks
2) The fit is perfect
3) The inside of the flap has a really nice soft touch feel to it.
4) The magnetic strip and the wake up/sleep function that works with it feels perfect - really solid, secure and has a firm reassuring snap to it when it closes.
5)...
Published on 7 Dec. 2012 by M Adesina

1.0 out of 5 stars Nexus 10 owners beware!
If you look through the reviews you'll see that they have been mixed together - some are for the Nexus 7 case and some are for the Nexus 10 case. I wish I'd noticed this before I ordered. :(

Published 24 months ago by Neil S

4.0 out of 5 stars Far exceeded my expectations, 7 Dec. 2012
M Adesina (London) - See all my reviews
This case is truly awesome.

The good:
1) The "leather" on it feels and looks
2) The fit is perfect
3) The inside of the flap has a really nice soft touch feel to it.
5) I like how the entire screen bezel is unobscured in use
6) It doesn't add much in the way of weight or bulk to the Nexus 7

The bad:
1) As a stand, its not brilliant. It absolutely works, but offers two positions really and it needs a really flat stable surface ideally.
2) The power/volume buttons are a little more difficult to reach (very minor)
3) The "leather" has started to peel a little bit after 3 months (although I'm less than careful with my tablet and regularly throw it onto the couch or out it into my rucksack with keys etc)

Conclusion:
Would I buy this again? Yes.
Would I recommend? Yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case for Nexus 7, 2 Jan. 2014
I originally bought the genuine Asus case with the 2013 Nexus 7, as i assumed it would be the best and most functional.
Initially was pleased, with the fit, the feel and the slimness.
However, it soon became apparent there were two things lacking that were so important it made me decide to return the case and look for an alternative.
The two points were the tablet wouldn't auto on or off, and the case wouldn't stand in landscape for any length of time.
After some research it turned out the best fix for both of these were to have a case with magnets.
I watched some youtube videos and then cross checked with amazon, and chose this case.
Initial thoughts are (and for nearly a third of the price) this case is exactly what i wanted.
Bonus features are that the case doesn't flop open, and the access to the volume makes it easier, albeit leaving the controls exposed.
I saw a couple of negatives, ie the magnet interferes with the compass for maps (i only use wifi) and the leather effect peels after time (shall see)
but overall - very pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nexus 10 owners beware!, 13 May 2013

I bought the Nexus 10 version and it doesn't fit. Three of the corners go in nice and snugly, but the fourth just won't click into place. I've pressed it as hard as I dare, but all I've succeeded in doing is to scratch the corner of my tablet!

Looking at the reviews, it seems to be quite a common problem. To me it looks like felt lining stops the tablet from sitting in as snugly as it should.

Returned for a refund - I won't risk a replacement as I suspect it may well have the same problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product made of cheap materials, 10 Jan. 2013
Length:: 3:10 Mins

In this video I show you the disappointing experience with the Poetic slimline case. Bought from Poetic UK, on Amazon UK, this product comes actually from the states. When I tried to use it, I found out that the case is faulty, it does not work as a case due to a complete misalignment of the front and back, leaving gaps for pocket fluff, dust etc... to enter. Also, it would soon completely fail as the material would get damaged by normal use. This is obviously a quality control problem and any buyer would risk receiving a similarly badly produced example. Add the fact that this is made from really cheap and nasty feeling plastic and that the buttons will become difficult to reach and you are better off staying clear of this product. That is my opinion, but look at the video to form your own, maybe you think I'm too fussy :-).

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading a true honest opinion over the Poetic Slimline case for Nexus 7 2nd Edition, 20 July 2014
I will be honest here. I did receive it on time, even earlier than expected but what you see in the pictures is not what you get. You till most probably get a replica of that and it doesn't look very professionally built. First things first. It only has two magnets instead of three and are positioned differently.

The case doesn't feel sturdy as reviewed by others on various websites. It does come in a Poetic box but I was expecting more from it. It is true, you get what you pay for, but for this price I was expecting a proper Poetic case that looks and feels as described by the seller.

Don't get me wrong, it is not bad at all, but I am disappointed because it's not what I bought. I still don't understand something: Why, as a seller, would you put some pictures of a specific product and actually sell something different? Why not put some pictures with the actual product you are selling.

I honestly would have still bought this case for this price if it had pictures with the real thing and I wouldn't have been angry and disappointed now. I would have been happier for receiving what I paid for.

All in all it is a good case and the magnets work fine (even though the middle one does not exist and the bottom one is not perfectly fit in the plastic, bear in mind "perfectly", I am being picky, No it won't come off, both are glued well), the tablet fits perfectly, seems a very very little loose (I'm being too picky), but other than that it is worth more than the price, it is perfectly shaped, all the gaps for buttons and the microphone and the speakers are inch perfect shape and it stays closed, it opens well. One more thing... it can be used as a stand in both positions but it will only stay if you watch something, if you try to touch your tablet harder or play a game on it, it certainly will not be possible, it will fall.

Thanks very much for reading. I hope it helps both the seller and the other potential buyers.
I appreciate honesty and hate liars who attract buyers by using misleading images or descriptions.

My rating would be:
- Half a star for the seller.
- 4.5 stars for the product. It is a really good product with some extremely tiny little non bothering issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top case for a top tablet, 10 Dec. 2012
Sometimes you can agonise over a purchase decision, only to find that you've been wasting your life. This is one of those occasions. Having scoured the internet looking for Nexus 7 cases, and finding quite a lot that looked frankly a bit annoying, despite some questionable feedback about the Poetic case it looked like the best bet. A slim case which holds the tablet securely, leaves access open to all ports and switches, and basically protects the device without getting in the way. It also works as a stand, to a limited extent. Many other cases mess about with tedious closures (elasticated straps, for instance) and innovative ways to hold your tablet (re-usable sticky strips - why?). This one simply fits properly and securely by hugging the Nexus's shape perfectly and using magnets to keep it closed. It has a magnet to turn on and off the device when you open and close the cover, which is simple and, ultimately, provided more by the Nexus designers than the case designers - but whoever is to thank for this small innovation, it's brilliant.

There have been some complaints about durability of the case: all I can say is, mine looks like it will survive well and has been buried in bags a bit already with no scrapes I can notice. There is a bit of crackling from the hinge, but it's not disturbing and does not appear to be symptomatic of a weakness. The foldable front cover which folds into a simple stand doesn't provide much of an angle but is better than using the tablet flat on a table. To be honest, I find myself hand-holding the tablet much of the time anyway. All in all, I think I've benefited from the faults other people have found in the first two production runs - and full marks to Poetic for fixing them for this third version.

It's a good case. Don't agonise. Buy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good case until..., 6 Nov. 2012
Richard H (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
Loved this case at first. Thought it was just as good as the slick iPad cases. Worked perfectly and turned the Nexus on and off as it opened and closed. Wonderful. Until... I realised that the magnets in the case completely screwed up the magnetic compass of the device. With the case in place, my compass app doesn't work. Google maps doesn't know what direction the device is pointing and Google Star Maps is all over the place. Unfortunately I threw away all the packaging when I thought it was ok, otherwise I'd be asking for my £20 back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but re-release still isn't right!, 25 Sept. 2012
T. Halligan (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
I pre-ordered this product and received an e-mail stating that the first version had a defect, and so the release date would be pushed back.

On the new release date, I received an e-mail stating that my case had shipped (woohoo!) and that a fault was identified which meant that the cover could not hold itself shut. This meant that Poetic would be fixing this defect and that they would send me the fixed version free of charge once it was ready.

I have been using this product since then - it does the job, looks nice, and although it can be a little clunky to get at the power / volume buttons, I've had no major issue APART form the fact that it is incapable of holding itself closed.

I have now received the 'fixed' version of this case and lo and behold, the exact same issue exists. It actually seems a little worse, and is more prone to getting 'stuck' open if you use the folding front cover to create a stand for your Nexus. I will probably be switching back to the first version because at least that didn't get stuck open quite so much.

This IS a good product - it looks good, fits perfectly, and has taken every little bump and scrap without fuss. However, the fact that the magnetic closing lid is basically useless (although the 'open-to-wake' functionality does work well) because this thing will open at the slightest hint of a gravitational pull.

I wish I could give this case more stars - but if you can't rely on it staying closed until YOU open it, then you can't really rely on it to protect your Nexus screen. If you use this case, it probably helps to keep your tablet in a bag with some other stuff to make sure the cover doesn't fall open as you travel.

I can't fault Poetic for their customer service - they've kept me updated every step of the way and getting two covers for the price of one is a good deal in anyone's book - it's just a shame that the problem they aimed to fix with the second release still exists, and actually seems to have gotten worse!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case with some minor issues after long term usage, 23 Sept. 2014
First review on amazon so here we go..

The only only 3 problems i found with this case after 7 or 8 months of use is that:

- one of the magnets is showing some sort of rust.
- the letters and logo from the front case have came out from it.
- the stand position of the case isn't very good, doesnt support the tablet very well.

Other than that, the case is sturdy, it gives a nice feel to the tablet. Haven't let the tablet drop in all these months but, having a friend that bought an equal case, when he accidentally dropped the tablet, altough it protected from the shock of dropping, the tablet also came out of the case and the screen was cracked when it it the ground anyway. Not sure how strong was the impact, but im pretty sure every other case like this have this problem. Protection of the tablet really depends on the strenght of the impact.

But that doesnt mean the case is bad or doesnt give protection. If you use the tablet everyday and you travel with it in your bag, it does its work, but beware of the marks with things like keys or sharp stuff, it will mark the leather making some dents.

Would i buy another for replacement ? Sure i would, some of the things i stated are natural do happen and aside the rust mark from the magnet and the stand position not being very good ( i guess its too small for the tablet to stand correctly?) If i had to buy a replacement i sure would buy again.

Other than that the feeling of the case is great,it evolves the tablet nicelly, buttons are accessible easily as without the case and never and problems with dust accumulating behind the tablet!

Very good purchase, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover - close to perfect, 26 Oct. 2012
I previously had a cover similar to the luvtab - but this cover is far thinner and much better! The cover I received is black rather than the displayed grey which I actually quite like. Its not perfect though - see below.

Pros
- The cover is nice and thin, and looks great
- All of the ports are exposed properly
- Can fold the cover all the way to the back no problems (magnets not too strong or anything)
- Case offers good protection
- The case leaves a nice wide bezel on the front; I hate cases that cover the edge right up to the screen, makes it difficult for swiping from the edge of the screen

Cons
- The biggest problem in my opionion: when the front cover is folded around in a triangle for the stand functionality, there is nothing on the case to hold it in place. Other covers have a magnet to hold it in shape. This is fine when the stand is used in the most upright position, as the weight holds it in place. But when you want to have it more flat, like lying on your lap with the triangle to offer a slight incline - then the triangle shape constantly moves or untangles itself, which is slightly annoying. A couple magnets in the right place would solve this.
- The build quality of the cover, while it is good, is not as good as you'd expect for a £20 + delivery price. Don't get me wrong; this is a great case and I love it, however the cover just feels a little more plastic-y rather than having a premium rubber-y or leather-y feel... also the edges have a rubber coating which may or may not last... Any problems and I will report back later! I suppose the case being plastic-y is quite tough though, so may be more resistant to scratches. Time will tell.
- The power and volume buttons are a little harder to reach, nothing to cry about though.

In all - this is a great cover which I love. It is amazing how it has made using my nexus 7 a much better experience than my last case. No its not perfect, as I mentioned, however it is the closest I've seen of all the case options out there! Finally - reading about the great customer service that I keep reading about, and I am glad I made the purchase.

UPDATE:
As I feared, the rubber that seals the edge of the case has started to break at the points where the case bends, and it has pretty much pulled away from the case all around the edges so it looks pretty tatty. I have emailed Poetic about the issue, as the case has a 3 year warranty, and will update on their response.