4.0 out of 5 stars Far exceeded my expectations
This case is truly awesome.

The good:
1) The "leather" on it feels and looks
2) The fit is perfect
3) The inside of the flap has a really nice soft touch feel to it.
4) The magnetic strip and the wake up/sleep function that works with it feels perfect - really solid, secure and has a firm reassuring snap to it when it closes.
5)...
Published 20 months ago by M Adesina

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product made of cheap materials
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:10 Mins
Published 19 months ago by f_wulfert

4.0 out of 5 stars Far exceeded my expectations, 7 Dec 2012
M Adesina (London) - See all my reviews
This case is truly awesome.

The good:
1) The "leather" on it feels and looks
2) The fit is perfect
3) The inside of the flap has a really nice soft touch feel to it.
5) I like how the entire screen bezel is unobscured in use
6) It doesn't add much in the way of weight or bulk to the Nexus 7

The bad:
1) As a stand, its not brilliant. It absolutely works, but offers two positions really and it needs a really flat stable surface ideally.
2) The power/volume buttons are a little more difficult to reach (very minor)
3) The "leather" has started to peel a little bit after 3 months (although I'm less than careful with my tablet and regularly throw it onto the couch or out it into my rucksack with keys etc)

Conclusion:
Would I buy this again? Yes.
Would I recommend? Yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case for Nexus 7, 2 Jan 2014
I originally bought the genuine Asus case with the 2013 Nexus 7, as i assumed it would be the best and most functional.
Initially was pleased, with the fit, the feel and the slimness.
However, it soon became apparent there were two things lacking that were so important it made me decide to return the case and look for an alternative.
The two points were the tablet wouldn't auto on or off, and the case wouldn't stand in landscape for any length of time.
After some research it turned out the best fix for both of these were to have a case with magnets.
I watched some youtube videos and then cross checked with amazon, and chose this case.
Initial thoughts are (and for nearly a third of the price) this case is exactly what i wanted.
Bonus features are that the case doesn't flop open, and the access to the volume makes it easier, albeit leaving the controls exposed.
I saw a couple of negatives, ie the magnet interferes with the compass for maps (i only use wifi) and the leather effect peels after time (shall see)
but overall - very pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product made of cheap materials, 10 Jan 2013
Length:: 3:10 Mins

In this video I show you the disappointing experience with the Poetic slimline case. Bought from Poetic UK, on Amazon UK, this product comes actually from the states. When I tried to use it, I found out that the case is faulty, it does not work as a case due to a complete misalignment of the front and back, leaving gaps for pocket fluff, dust etc... to enter. Also, it would soon completely fail as the material would get damaged by normal use. This is obviously a quality control problem and any buyer would risk receiving a similarly badly produced example. Add the fact that this is made from really cheap and nasty feeling plastic and that the buttons will become difficult to reach and you are better off staying clear of this product. That is my opinion, but look at the video to form your own, maybe you think I'm too fussy :-).

5.0 out of 5 stars Top case for a top tablet, 10 Dec 2012
Sometimes you can agonise over a purchase decision, only to find that you've been wasting your life. This is one of those occasions. Having scoured the internet looking for Nexus 7 cases, and finding quite a lot that looked frankly a bit annoying, despite some questionable feedback about the Poetic case it looked like the best bet. A slim case which holds the tablet securely, leaves access open to all ports and switches, and basically protects the device without getting in the way. It also works as a stand, to a limited extent. Many other cases mess about with tedious closures (elasticated straps, for instance) and innovative ways to hold your tablet (re-usable sticky strips - why?). This one simply fits properly and securely by hugging the Nexus's shape perfectly and using magnets to keep it closed. It has a magnet to turn on and off the device when you open and close the cover, which is simple and, ultimately, provided more by the Nexus designers than the case designers - but whoever is to thank for this small innovation, it's brilliant.

There have been some complaints about durability of the case: all I can say is, mine looks like it will survive well and has been buried in bags a bit already with no scrapes I can notice. There is a bit of crackling from the hinge, but it's not disturbing and does not appear to be symptomatic of a weakness. The foldable front cover which folds into a simple stand doesn't provide much of an angle but is better than using the tablet flat on a table. To be honest, I find myself hand-holding the tablet much of the time anyway. All in all, I think I've benefited from the faults other people have found in the first two production runs - and full marks to Poetic for fixing them for this third version.

It's a good case. Don't agonise. Buy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good case until..., 6 Nov 2012
Richard H (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
Loved this case at first. Thought it was just as good as the slick iPad cases. Worked perfectly and turned the Nexus on and off as it opened and closed. Wonderful. Until... I realised that the magnets in the case completely screwed up the magnetic compass of the device. With the case in place, my compass app doesn't work. Google maps doesn't know what direction the device is pointing and Google Star Maps is all over the place. Unfortunately I threw away all the packaging when I thought it was ok, otherwise I'd be asking for my 20 back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but re-release still isn't right!, 25 Sep 2012
T. Halligan (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
I pre-ordered this product and received an e-mail stating that the first version had a defect, and so the release date would be pushed back.

On the new release date, I received an e-mail stating that my case had shipped (woohoo!) and that a fault was identified which meant that the cover could not hold itself shut. This meant that Poetic would be fixing this defect and that they would send me the fixed version free of charge once it was ready.

I have been using this product since then - it does the job, looks nice, and although it can be a little clunky to get at the power / volume buttons, I've had no major issue APART form the fact that it is incapable of holding itself closed.

I have now received the 'fixed' version of this case and lo and behold, the exact same issue exists. It actually seems a little worse, and is more prone to getting 'stuck' open if you use the folding front cover to create a stand for your Nexus. I will probably be switching back to the first version because at least that didn't get stuck open quite so much.

This IS a good product - it looks good, fits perfectly, and has taken every little bump and scrap without fuss. However, the fact that the magnetic closing lid is basically useless (although the 'open-to-wake' functionality does work well) because this thing will open at the slightest hint of a gravitational pull.

I wish I could give this case more stars - but if you can't rely on it staying closed until YOU open it, then you can't really rely on it to protect your Nexus screen. If you use this case, it probably helps to keep your tablet in a bag with some other stuff to make sure the cover doesn't fall open as you travel.

I can't fault Poetic for their customer service - they've kept me updated every step of the way and getting two covers for the price of one is a good deal in anyone's book - it's just a shame that the problem they aimed to fix with the second release still exists, and actually seems to have gotten worse!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading a true honest opinion over the Poetic Slimline case for Nexus 7 2nd Edition, 20 July 2014
I will be honest here. I did receive it on time, even earlier than expected but what you see in the pictures is not what you get. You till most probably get a replica of that and it doesn't look very professionally built. First things first. It only has two magnets instead of three and are positioned differently.

The case doesn't feel sturdy as reviewed by others on various websites. It does come in a Poetic box but I was expecting more from it. It is true, you get what you pay for, but for this price I was expecting a proper Poetic case that looks and feels as described by the seller.

Don't get me wrong, it is not bad at all, but I am disappointed because it's not what I bought. I still don't understand something: Why, as a seller, would you put some pictures of a specific product and actually sell something different? Why not put some pictures with the actual product you are selling.

I honestly would have still bought this case for this price if it had pictures with the real thing and I wouldn't have been angry and disappointed now. I would have been happier for receiving what I paid for.

All in all it is a good case and the magnets work fine (even though the middle one does not exist and the bottom one is not perfectly fit in the plastic, bear in mind "perfectly", I am being picky, No it won't come off, both are glued well), the tablet fits perfectly, seems a very very little loose (I'm being too picky), but other than that it is worth more than the price, it is perfectly shaped, all the gaps for buttons and the microphone and the speakers are inch perfect shape and it stays closed, it opens well. One more thing... it can be used as a stand in both positions but it will only stay if you watch something, if you try to touch your tablet harder or play a game on it, it certainly will not be possible, it will fall.

Thanks very much for reading. I hope it helps both the seller and the other potential buyers.
I appreciate honesty and hate liars who attract buyers by using misleading images or descriptions.

My rating would be:
- Half a star for the seller.
- 4.5 stars for the product. It is a really good product with some extremely tiny little non bothering issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Poetic Cover For The Nexus 10 Who Needs An Ipad Anyway?, 16 Aug 2014
The biggest disappointment was they didn't have the colour I ordered in stock but a quick email and an alternative arrived from the US in a few days. The bright green looks far better than I might have imagined and finish is pretty business like if you are looking at using your nexus 10 for work.

I like the leather like look and feel but have to stay the using the case as a stand doesn't seem to work for me as it seems to topple over a bit too easy for me.

I also noticed that where you open it the layers seem to get a bit dog eared after a while I restuck mine as I couldn't be bothered to wait for a exchange but it's something to be wary of.

I know us Nexus users in the minority but its fair to say that the Poetic case (cover) is about the best available even if a little pricey compared with products where supply and demand are greater.

I hope Poetic sort out this issue of supply of black covers as it is little annoying to be told an order is going to take 6 weeks to arrive from the US after paying for it.

I import from China regularly in one week so clearly it is case of stocking and not delivery issues. It would be good to be told up front of the delay and offer options as to alternatives. To be fair when asked they were helpful and explained the stock issue.hence my choice of a GREEN cover in the end. It looks pretty smart in Lime Green actually so don't be too hung up on black.

2.0 out of 5 stars JUST ABOUT OK, 26 Sep 2012
Had to wait weeks for dispatch. Now its arrived, you can say it fits OK. But there is a but. It is too expensive for the quality supplied. The grained surface has imperfections and the controls are awkward to reach with the cover in place. Average design, averagely executed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outraged - where's the Cashmere, leather, silk and platinum??....., 11 Oct 2013
Mr Gadget "Paul" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Poetic Slimline Case with Auto Wake and Sleep Function for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Generation 2013 Android Tablet - Navy Blue (Accessory)
Originally bought the expensive Asus Premium case but it didn't actually fit my Nexus 7 2 - apparently a common problem. The Poetic is as good a quality, fits, has the magnetic closure on/off function (which the Asus doesn't) and was less than half the price.

I'm just a little shocked and upset that it's not hand made by Tibetan Monks, from the highest quality crocodile leather, threaded with the finest silk, layered with a virgin cashmere lining and closed with platinum catches...... I am also shocked that wasn't packed in an antique Agarwood box inlaid with beautiful marqueterie and then personally delivered by the Tibetan Monk who made the case.

Ok so let me get to the point - it's a flipping case for a Nexus 7 2 and it's just fine for 14.95...this is no major life changing investment and it doesn't need a 3 hour video to show it's faults or long essays contemplating how it might be better. If your's happens to be less than perfect send it back and get a replacement...

I feel better now.