Size: For Google Nexus 7 (2nd Gen 2013)|Colour Name: Green|Change
Price:£0.01+ £5.99 shipping

on 14 January 2013
I spent some time looking at cases for my Nexus 4 phone. This fits the bill perfectly. I didn`t want a flip open type case, so the side opener was a good starting point. I wasn`t too bothered about the card holder bit, but since i got it i use it for stuff i need daily like parking tickets,etc.
The case is well made, it holds and protects my phone very well.It folds in half easily allowing you to hold the phone in one hand without the other side of the case flapping around, its not bulky either. I didn`t want a press stud type fastner. The magnetic clasp works well and adds to the overall appearance and feel of the case. It was a bit more than some of the others but the style, color and quality look makes the extra worthwhile. I`m happy with it so far.
on 9 January 2013
The phone fits into the case just fine.

But two problems with it.

If you intend to use the card slots then you can forget the case staying shut. It is fixed with a magnetic flap to secure the cover closed, but the bulk of cards causes this to fail. I have two card in mine and it won't shut, so if I used 3 then it definitely won't.

Secondly, the smell. God it smells bad. Like some sort of nasty pervasive chemical. This is no doubt because it isn't made of leather, rather some sort of PU stuff.

That said, it protects the phone well enough. I have however ordered a different type of case now because I can see that me and this case won't get along for long.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2012
I got this item after a fairly lengthy search of what I knew would be the first wave of Nexus cases. And overall, I'm not in any rush to replace it.

Good Points:
It does fit the Nexus 7 perfectly.
The magnets in the cover work perfectly to wake the device (I'm assuming that the sleep works too)
The elasticated strap, whilst not perfect, works. It gets a lot of use - in fact, I wouldn't consider any tablet cover in future unless it had one of these.

Less good points:
There was a blemish on the case when it arrived, about the size of a pea. I know I could have sent it back for a return, but it wasn't that big a concern for me.

The case is a tiny bit too bulky for me. This is a result of the material used. It's by no means massive, but it does significantly alter the profile of the Nexus 7

Bad points:
The crease in the cover that facilitates the stand never really flattens out when the cover is closed. The device is properly protected at all times, but it looks scruffy.

The stand doesn't work well at all.

The elasticated hand strap doesn't work as well as it could due to it's placement. A second, smaller strap to fix the cover to the back of the case when opened would provide the stability required.

All in all, for the price, this case does a wonderful job, but I'm sure I'll be replacing it in the medium-long term
on 10 August 2012
Having bought my Nexus 7 I wanted to keep it protected. I have to say that when the Poetic leather case arrived I was very pleasantly surprised at to how good the actual quality was. It really looks good. All the cut outs are in the correct location and it generally enhances the whole 'professional' appearance of the Nexus 7. I would recommend this product. It represents value for money.
on 13 August 2012
Ordered on Thursday and arrived on Saturday.

I like this very much, the Nexus 7 fits snugly into it and feels very secure. All the cutouts seem well-aligned and there's enough space to swipe down from the top and bottom of the screen. There's not quite enough space to easily operate the volume buttons, but you can get to them, you just have to jam your finger into the gap a bit.

The magnetic tabs send it to sleep when you close the case and wake it up when you open it - this works well and you can fold the case all the way over without it triggering inadvertently.

The method of converting it into a stand works well and is stable.

I'm happy with it and would buy it again.
on 11 October 2012
OK, having had this cover for a week I have now had time to asses it properly. The case is well made and fairly attractive to look at and does not detract from the aesthetics of the nexus 7. The stand is fairly stable once you get the hang of it and the hand strap is also a good idea, giving you a sense of security while holding the tablet. The auto sleep / wake feature is quite neat too. But, and it's a big one! The case front is held shut by two magnetic catches. This utterly ruins the tablets ability to use it's built in magnetic compass and no amount of calibration can compensate for it. The only way to get it working is to remove the tablet from the case a re-calibrate it, which kind of defeats the point of having the case. This is a real shame as I'm otherwise happy with it, but I'm now thinking that I may have to abandon the case, as I can't use the likes of Google sky and so on with it. If you don't think you're likely to use the compass feature of the tablet then you'll probably be OK, otherwise I'm afraid it's unsuitable.
on 14 September 2012
Bought this to replase a soft "slip case" after finding my Nexus had been accidentally switched on when packed in holiday luggage. This cover provides much better protection for the tablet, and accidental switch operation is practically eliminated. Also like the hand strap which makes it easy to use tablet when travelling on train.
very good value for money.
on 14 January 2013
This is a good value case that means I can throw my phone in my handbag without worrying that it will get scratched or damaged by keys or other loose items in my handbag.

I occasionally drop my phone too, and this gives very good all over protection in this instance.
on 3 October 2012
This feels like a high quality product and would rate 5 stars if one item could be resolved. The issue is as much about the poor design of the Google Nexus 7 and how you access the buttons.
The tablet fits within the Poetic wallet via a fold and tuck - there is no other mechanism such as stud fastner or velcro fixing to hold it there. I find it most comfortable to hold the wallet with with the main fold at the top which puts the fold/tuck mechanism at the bottom and this is the problem - the weight of the tablet means it slides a little within the wallet, just enough so key bits of the screen (the back/home selectors) are no longer accessible. I think this would be resolved if the tuck was properly fixed in place.

I would still recommend but it would be great if the makers fixed this issue.
on 16 January 2013
Generally very happy with service and product.
Just a couple of points:
1. Holding frame makes it difficult to use the volume control.
2. Why the need for credit card holders. I don't think I'd ever keep any cards in it and if I did I'd be worried that they would mark the lovely screen on my lovely new Nexus 4.