Size: 30 Waist x Regular|Colour: 3612 Khaki|Change

on 3 July 2014
I can't really review the item itself other than to say ignore the "size up" reviews.

When I ordered these there was no "fit as expected" advice on the page so as per the sellers Chinese sizing advice and the numerous customer reviews stating to buy a size bigger than required I went ahead and ordered size 32 waist instead of my usual 30 waist. Far too big!

These are indeed true to size, so don't make the same mistake I have and end up having to shell out for return shipping, which incidentally isn't to China, they're to be returned to GLASGOW!

Disappointed to say the least!
on 17 May 2014
I love heavy duty cotton twill. I bought a pair of heavy cotton camouflaged shorts some years ago. I hadn't been able to find any other shorts of comparable quality and they were my favourite until these arrived. Camo is for casual wear and I wanted something a bit smarter for my hols. The reviews were generally excellent for these shorts so I ordered a light grey pair on 9th May 2014. The delivery estimate was between 20th May and 10th June. Incredibly they were delivered on 16th May all the way from China!!
When I was handed the package I was quite surprised at how heavy it was. The shorts are made from really are heavy duty but beautifully soft cotton; just what I was looking for. The styling and the fit is perfect for me with the legs ending just above the knees. They are quite a baggy style but they fit nicely on my bum according to my wife. There is no belt supplied which is clearly stated in the description. The belt loops will take up to a 50mm wide belt. There are ample storage pockets. The main hip ones are really deep, almost down to the bottom of the shorts so no chance of your wallet or phone jumping out accidently when on the move. The zip and buttons are high quality. The stitching is excellent with no loose threads to be seen. I've worn them all day today and I have to say in my opinion they are simply fantastic and at the price a bargain. I'm sure they will last me for years. My wife says I should buy a darker pair though that'll hide red wine stains better while I'm on holiday. I don't know what she means I rarely lose a drip!

**Update: 24th May 2014**
I have bought another pair in dark brown but this time ordered a size smaller which is brave I know. I had to amend my order due to a mistake I made with the size. The seller's reply was prompt and polite and my amended order still arrived within 5 working days which is incredible. I'm quite well built with a 41" waist. The first pair I ordered were 42W and are a really comfy fit but I need a belt to keep them up because just like denim jeans after being washed they give a bit after wearing them for a while. The latest pair are 40W and they fit quite snuggly at first but after wearing them they give and become really comfy.
These shorts are fantastic quality, really well made, stylish and comfy. I love them.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 21 April 2016
The shorts arrived in a plastic bag.

I normally take a 32 waist for trousres but in shorts I get a larger size so I ordered the 34. There was also some advice about ordered in the next size up from other reviews. You can always wear a belt and this allos room for pies and beer. These weren't quite as baggy as I was expecting and for me are spot on.

There is a drawstring inside the waist but I think they'd benefit from a belt. There wasn't any washing instructions that I could see. My wife remarked how difficult they would be to iron but I said that they aren't supposed to be ironed.

The cotton is a heavier weight and they don't feel cheap and nasty. They are comfortable to wear.

I'm not convinced about the draw strings around the leg openings but they can be easily removed.

I’ve uploaded some photographs taken against a steel ruler as well so do have a look. These are dark khaki.
VINE VOICEon 5 July 2015
I ordered these for holiday and for generally messing about in, having found it unbelievably hard to find some decent, hardwearing cargo shorts in the shops this year.

The fit is about what I would have expected - for context, I usually wear about a size 36 waist from places like The Gap or Quicksilver. These have a very similar fit. They are not especially generous, but larger than a Marks & Spencer 36 waist, for example. They are nicely roomy around the leg, but I would call the fit 'relaxed' rather than 'baggy'. I have ordered two pairs (a sandy colour and army green) - both fit exactly the same.

They feel like great quality too - I have every reason to expect that they will be hardwearing and will last a good while as the stitching seems well done and the fabric is a good thick cotton. They have good pockets and zips, and ties and the waist and leg. The metal button fastenings are sewn rather than riveted, which I prefer.

Mostly, though, I am pleased because they very comfortable and fantastic value for money. I'm wondering why I bothered schlepping around Milton Keynes shopping centre !
on 30 May 2014
I got these to go on holiday and because i wanted them to be comfy I ordered them a size bigger than my normal size.
They arrived in good time well packaged and as described, other than they are at least two sizes smaller than I wanted.
I checked the inside label just to make sure the right size had been sent and the insize label said 36 XXL my size in jeans is 32/33 so I had brought these in a 36 so that I could have a relaxed fit for the beach. I couldn't even get them on I definatley couldn't get them done up. It's a shame because they are nice shorts but the sizing is all wrong.
on 29 September 2013
The shorts are a good fit made out of a good material, the main pockets are incredibly deep. I would buy them again.
on 21 October 2014
The shorts are reasonable quality, fit well, but please be aware that the colour is not at all like the picture on the Amazon website. I complained to the seller, but just kept getting replies in pigeon english asking for more photos to be sent. I gave up in the end. Buyer beware!!!!
Cheap as chalk, very well made and terrific quality for the price,
these cargo shorts will serve me well during the Summer months ahead.
They've got tons of of pockets to load up so you end up looking
like a beast of burden on a Himalayan trek and finish just above the
knee so there's no fabric flapping round the calves which I don't like.
I removed the strings from the leg cuffs, however, as I've never
quite understood what purpose they serve other than being a
source of sensory irritation. As suggested in the product page blurb,
order a waist size up - my 36" pair are indeed a comfortably snug 34".

A Darned Good Deal.
on 19 April 2014
Really happy with this in terms of quality, price, fit & delivery. Wore them for the first time yesterday and delighted with them
on 10 October 2013
A good quality material which is very flexible but soft at the same time. The legs sit just above the knee. Didn't come with a belt though.