5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read
Published 17 months ago by jules

3.0 out of 5 stars good read but was hoping for an ending
A good follow on from book 3, keeps you entertained with the storyline but I was expecting to have some major conclusion by the fourth book. Once again open ended and a little repetitive.
Published 9 months ago by EntertainMe

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
I've read books 1-4 and I'm really enjoying them so far. Yes there are more to come! Basically it's the story of a 17 yr old girl who is kidnapped by vampires and taken to a secret island called The Shade, to be a meal for the king. Instead of eating her he falls in love and discovers that she is his destiny. There are no graphic love scenes and the story moves along at a pace. It is complex enough to keep you guessing what may happen next. Each book just gets better. My only qualm is the name of the king vampire... Derek .. It doesn't exactly conjure up the picture of a sexy alpha male and I doubt it was a popular name in 1600.

5.0 out of 5 stars This series just gets better and better, 30 July 2013
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
Wow....don't know where to start this series is simply fantastic, Bella has created a whole world in which while reading these books we live for a short while, the characters are that real that we feel their pain, this book picks up where the last one left off. It finds Sofia, Derek, Claudia and Ingrid at hunter headquarters, Sofia is now reunited with her father and preparing for Ben's funeral. Derek is plagued with guilt over drinking Sofia's blood and wonders what kind of relationship they can have. This book gives us love,  betrayal,  lies, surprises and a few real shocks along the way, it's left me desperately waiting for the next book I just can't explain how amazing this series is.

Let's hope Bella writes quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning you won't put it down!, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
I bought all 5 books in this series last week and have read them back to back I literally couldn't put them down.
I have really enjoyed them and can't wait for book 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
Omg I love this story I just hope it's a happy ending I can t wait to start the next book and I wish there was a movie to these books

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
fab fab fab another great installment of sofia and derek cant wait to see if they get their happy ending bring on the 5th book

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another great book, 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't wait to read this book, after loving the other 3, and it was just as good, the story just gets better! So happy that it didn't end, Bella doesn't rush her endings, and I love that. Cant wait now for the 5th, which sounds like its going to be amazing.....You get to know everyone in it, everyones story is told....Loved it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant brilliant brilliant, 31 July 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
Another gripping story from Bella. The 4th book is jam packed with lots of things going on. You get to know other characters better in this book in particular Claudia, Yuri, Ingrid and Aiden.

I love the turn around in Claudia`s character and finally fully understanding her horrid past. I love the relationship her and Yuri have formed over the years and learning why they could never previously be together.

We learn just how mentally ill Ingrid is and was even when she was human and how selfish her love for Aiden was.

I could read these books purely based on Sofia's and Derek's characters so I'm a bit gutted they were not together more in it but I guess I will just have to wait for the next book.

I was gutted he's connected with that other woman and pray he doesn't have it off with her, if he does I don't know if I will be able to read on.

I think what we see most in this book is how important Sofia is to the shade, not just for Derek to stay in the light but for her to hold everyone together human and vampires.

I absolutely love this series and I'm so gutted I have to wait for the next book when I'm desperate to read it now.

I recommend this series to vampire lovers and to anyone who enjoys an action packed book with a bit of romance, I guarantee they are addictive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light, 31 July 2013
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
The book 4 of the Shade Of Vampire is an amazing book that leaves you on a cliff hanger, so it makes you want to read book 5. This book is the forth book out of four, but there is due to have any 2 at least in the series and is amazing value and an amazing read. I've given it a five star rating because I love the book and You Have Too Read It.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Baffling, 26 July 2014
Another great book.

However! One question I have for the author and it truly has been bugging me, if any readers out there can answer this question as well it would be great.

The shade is supposingly out of blood supplies. Xavier was said to have given Vivienne his last pack of blood as he has said so himself. Now from what I understand from previous books, Derek claimed Vivienne has never drank anything but ANIMAL BLOOD. And also Sophia stated there is plenty of animals in the Catacombs for vampires to get their blood. So then why did Xavier not get animal blood for Vivienne but chose to give her the last pack of blood from the chilling chambers? Wouldn't it have been better if author just state that Xavier hasn't had a drop of blood for long time instead of stating that he gave last pack to Vivienne? It seems very unnecessary to include that and this may be something author did not think about? Thoughts anyone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series of books, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light (Kindle Edition)
Loving this series so far!! Cant put the books down I read the 5 released in a week now wairing for book 6 :)

A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light