5.0 out of 5 stars Safe by his Side (Manhunt series) by Rita Herron.
Published 1 month ago by Devonshire lass.

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read
I wouldn't read it again its just needed more, I would recommend it to others but nothing to get excited about
Published 10 months ago by Husky

4.0 out of 5 stars decent romance with twist, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: SAFE BY HIS SIDE (MANHUNT Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This bit better then safe in his arms. Fewer typos and inconsistencies. It is what I call a light romance with a touch of suspense. Agree with devonshire lass about victim walking around crime scene. No point techs looking for hairs as lenora & micah had walked through scene. Fiction like this should be based on facts/reality. Read in box set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe by his Side (Manhunt series) by Rita Herron., 13 May 2014
This review is from: SAFE BY HIS SIDE (MANHUNT Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Although I have given this novel 5 stars, I can't say I loved it, mainly because of the topic which is a bit close to home for me (won't go into details) but its strong story, which many of you will enjoy.... Well written, strong characters. (that's why the 5 stars) I do wonder though how the law works in the US with victims being allowed to roam around a crime scene....I know, its fiction, however, it does make me want to scream 'don't touch anything'..... I wasn't sure I could get through it, but taking breaks to do chores, then going back to my read, I did, and glad I did. Am now reading another novel in the Manhunt series, which I am finding a lot easier to digest and enjoy. I would recommend this read to you, mainly as it may open your eyes to how someone feels in circumstances like this story tells, and the after math, and therefore a little more understanding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: SAFE BY HIS SIDE (MANHUNT Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
really enjoying this author i like the fact you don't have to wait for the action nothing is drawn out. it is moving in its story telling and i will be reading more by this author

4.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: SAFE BY HIS SIDE (MANHUNT Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Simple and easy to navigate tale...couldn't argue with it being an amazon freebie title either. A good little romance with a few more twists and turns not just boy meets girl.....

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 4 Sep 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars A romance, but not an easy read, 22 Aug 2013
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: SAFE BY HIS SIDE (MANHUNT Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This book starts with Lenora kidnapped and kept in a four-by-four room, Robert Simpleton the man responsible for this has done unspeakable things to her and made her watch while he did the same things with the other woman he'd kidnapped. Just as he's killed one woman the police arrive and Sergeant Micah Hardin is the one who frees Lenora, he becomes a symbol of safety for her and sits by her in court where she re-lives her ordeal, she'd been in the process of planning her wedding when she'd been taken and her waste of space fiancé leaves her. Five years later and life is moving on, not romantically but still it could be worse, then Micah is at her door informing her that Simpleton has escaped.
Although this is a romance, there's not actually much romance what there is is a build-up of feelings and attraction between the two main characters but this is slow since there's a lot going on. Lenora is a good character even with everything she's been through she's still a strong person, the parts of the book which are from Simpletons POV are very crude and explicit which is in keeping with his character. This is a romance so you have to let go of the fact that police in this book are unlikely to ever catch anyone, a couple of the women in this book really let down the female sex, one is just...well you'll see if you read this, it's a quick read so won't take long and I think a fair rating is two and half stars.

SAFE BY HIS SIDE (MANHUNT Book 2)
0.77