on 5 May 2015
Superb book, contains all you could ever want to know about Viking mythology.

My one gripe is Amazon's listed 'publication date'. This book was not published in 2013, as the author died in the 1920s. It was converted to Kindle in 2013. The age of the translation is why the language can sometimes appear stilted and Victorian -- because it is.

Amazon do have this cavalier attitude to the publication dates on Kindle books, which can be a pain in the ar5e if one is looking for an up-to-date translation. I have written to them about this, and got the usual anodyne cobblers of a multinational with no regard for its customers.

Great book, nonetheless. Highly recommended.
on 10 July 2014
I have the original printed book and thought it would be useful to have it on kindle. The printed book is full of wonderful illustrations, but I could find none in the kindle book. Yet the blurb claims this is the illustrated edition. So where are they?
on 15 August 2014
Despite our conversion to Christianity, our relationship with our ancestors Gods and myths remain strong, everything from naming the days of the week after the Gods, including a Goddess who we named our favourite day after (Friday ), to the Marvel comics relating their version of Asgard, Thor and the battles therewith. Here you get to meet all the key players in our ancestors history, Woden,Thor, Loki, Freya, the Ice Giants and the Valkyrie, along with the stories that go with them. Anyone familiar with the Thor or Avenger movies will recognise some of the names, but not sure will recognise their character. Interspersed with the stories are translation of the earlier tales, this is almost a dictionary to the lives, deaths, struggles and in some cases humour (Loki dressed in drag) Maybe not the best book on the subject, but a worthy one that gives us a glimpse of what shaped our elders lives.
on 16 November 2015
When I was at junior school I very much enjoyed a schools' radio broadcast on Norse mythology. This takes that experience a stage further, giving the stories a whole lot more detail.
on 22 April 2016
This was a fascinating book which gave me a great perspective on the eddas. I am very interested in mythology and this was an exciting in-depth exposure to the Norse sagas.
on 29 August 2014
Same as Viking Tales
on 23 June 2015
really enjoyed this one very hard to put down once started
on 10 January 2015
Nice resource, decent quality nice publication.
A very interesting book.