4.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Incomplete soundtrack
A delicious blend of vintage rock 'n' roll, kitsch pop and bravura showtunes, this is the classic soundtrack to one of the greatest - and campest - film musicals of all time. It takes you on a rollercoaster of emotional highs and lows, from the devilishly dancetastic 'Time Warp', to the Hollywood heartbreak of 'I'm Going Home'.

The definitive Rocky Horror cast...
Published on 1 Feb. 2007 by Gareth Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars One for the Hardcore fans only.
This is an album I wouldn't normally have even looked at as I never really got Rocky Horror Picture Show. The only reason I bought it was the fact that I was asked to Dee-Jay a theme night as band support. The only stand out tracks for me were Sweet Transvestite and the original version of the Time Warp. Sometimes the problem of film soundtracks is when you're listening...
Published on 2 Jan. 2011 by Mr. C. Mcneillie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Incomplete soundtrack, 1 Feb. 2007
Gareth Hall "Lord Rockingham" (Birmingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

The definitive Rocky Horror cast - Tim Curry, Barry Bostwick, Susan Sarandon, Richard O' Brien and Meat Loaf - have their songs from the movie captured on this album. And yet...THERE ARE TWO SONGS MISSING! 'Planet Schmanet Janet', sung by Frank N Furter, and 'Sword of Damocles', sung by Rocky, are in the film but not on this album, without any explanation given in the liner notes. Adding insult to injury, two rather forgettable remixes of 'Time Warp' are tacked onto the end of the album - if they are intended to make up for the other missing songs, they do nothing of the sort.

Thankfully, the '25 Years of Absolute Pleasure' edition of the soundtrack restores the lost material. This album, of course, is still fantastically entertaining - but the glaring omissions cost it 1 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!! BUY IT WITHOUT DELAY!, 30 Oct. 2000
This CD, along with my Misfits stuff, is the only album that I'm not sick of....I've already listened to it 6/7 times today, and I still love it to bits!!!! The only drawback is that "Sword of Damocles" is missing, but otherwise it is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring Classic, 18 Oct. 2002
Peter Uys "Toypom" (Sandton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This is truly timeless music because the songs are so good, dammit! You don’t even need to have see the movie to enjoy this as a great pop-rock album, but I recommend you do if you're one of the few that hasn't. Every singly track has something going for it, and they are all memorable, with soaring melodies and stunning vocals. There’s real old-time rock ‘n roll like Hot Patootie, Eddie (“When Eddie said he didn’t like his teddy/You knew he was a no-good kid,” Uptempo pop-rock like Dammit Janet, Sweet Transvestite, Touch-A Touch Me and poignant ballads like Science Fiction, Over At The Frankenstein Place, I’m Going Home and Super Heroes. It’s a delight from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sing-along soundtrack album ever?, 10 Nov. 2001
By A Customer
Almost thirty years since the music of the film first saw the light of day, the soundtrack from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" is quite possibly the best sing-along soundtrack album ever. I mean, is there anyone in the world who hasn't heard such timeless classics as "Time Warp" or "Sweet Transvestite"?
This isn't an album that'll appeal to everyone - some of the tracks are pretty naff, but that's part of the fun of "Rocky Horror..". The only regret about this CD is it doesn't include the lovely ballad "Once In A While" (which was, incidentally, cut from the film). In my opinion, that was one of the best songs. Never mind, you still have a great album here, but you really need to see the movie to fully enjoy it.
Jon.
(The track "Once In A While" is part of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show: 25th Anniversary Edition" DVD Extras)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 20 Feb. 2002
this cd is the rocky cd taken from the actual movie version but it misses out some songs and verses of song but it is really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your rocks off lol!, 10 July 2011
A guilty pleasure I love love love. I watched the movie some years ago and was hooked. I'm not saying I wear a basque or anything but I was watching it a lot of the time to have a sing song. I got the soundtrack and am now word perfect on everything. Its sci-fi slick and the tunes are infectious. The Timewarp, Sword of Damocles and my all time fave, Whatever happened to Saturday Night, (by Meatloaf). Honestly, when I have some cruddy banal task to do at home I can easily work through it with this to sing too. I don't know what my neighbours must think lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still wonderful., 26 Oct. 2014
P. J. Long (England) - See all my reviews
I've only ever bought two soundtracks, I don't count the Beatles because I bought them as The Beatles not the movie, one is Star Wars, and this is the second. It's a wonderful movie and the soundtrack is as good. Timewarp, Sweet Transvestite, (It's a wonder some idiot hasn't demanded that be changed to Sweet Cross dresser), with the added, much longer, Time Warps on the end make this one of the all time great soundtracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars There I was one evening going to the cinema for ..., 21 Aug. 2014
There I was one evening going to the cinema for the late show, I joined the queue and ended up getting pulled/pushed into the theatre, what I then saw was the audience stripping down to their underwear and thinking how kinky it was, then the lights dimmed and the film played, during which the audience joined in, that was my first experience of the rocky horror, I wanted more, so I bought a copy

5.0 out of 5 stars Exelent Cd!!, 4 Feb. 2015
This is an exellent cd all those amazing songs from the movie sung by the cast members themselves are on here plus a few extras. All of the songs are great quality written songs & the cd is the best rocky horror cd to own, as like I already said the songs are the ones from the movie & propperly recorded

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me right back, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Rocky Horror Picture Show O.S.T. (Audio CD)
I had this in the 1980s on tape and played it round and round on the car stereo until the tape finally died. Having it on CD and playing it again puts me right back there. Yes there’s a few tracks missing but having had it on tape for years I knew that already and it’s still fantastic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Rocky Horror Picture Show O.S.T.
Rocky Horror Picture Show O.S.T. by Susan Sarandon (Audio CD - 2013)