on 15 May 2014
While the idea of a structured 6 week plan of giving up alcohol is an excellent one the execution of this book falls short. There are some good tips but I found the daily checkboxes, recipes for alcohol free drinks, guided journaling and tone of the book to be condescending. After the first week I was sick of it and bought myself a lovely plain notepad, a nice pen and continued on my own.

In short, if you are staying off the sauce, take up a new hobby, keep a diary and look after yourself.
on 2 February 2014
My only criticism of this book, and its "sister" The Sober Revolution, is that anyone, not just women, can use it to help them through on a day-by-day basis when first stopping drinking. I connected very well with the plan and actually enjoyed the process of quitting alcohol with it!
This, along with the hypnosis tracks from Craig Beck's "Alcohol Lied to Me" have so far kept me booze-free for a full month. Believe me, that's the longest I've spent sober since I was 18, and I intend to stay this way!
on 28 July 2013
I read this book from cover to cover in one night. We are given an insight into the depths of despair that can result from alcohol dependency but it also offers a way forward that is full of optimism and hope. Beautifully written and peppered with personal real life accounts I would recommend this as a must for anyone who is concerned about the effect that alcohol may be having on their lives.
on 15 August 2013
This is a fantastic read for anyone who is even slightly concerned about their level of alcohol consumption. It is in 2 parts. The first deals with the relationship with drinking and the second has case studies. This book does not preach and is quite funny in parts whilst still dealing with a very serious topic. Very useful for friends and family in their understanding of the problem.
on 12 August 2013
What I love about The Sober Revolution is just how positive and life affirming it is. Far from dwelling on denying ourselves the dubious pleasure of addiction and self-poisoning, the authors invite us to enter a whole new world of freedom, achievement and health. The book and the website, Soberistas, talk with clarity and simplicity of the new mindsets, lifestyles and huge range of magnificent experiences waiting for us as Alcohol Free women. It is massively seductive and rightly so. The feeling I am left with is, with sobriety so exciting and fulfilling, why bother with alcohol?
on 2 February 2014
Really good book and am recommending it to others, it is a good accompaniment to the Wine o'clock book which I read first.
on 30 July 2013
Well done Lucy and Sarah it takes enormous courage to admit problems with alcohol. I wish I'd read this book when I was a teenager. I've suspected that I've had problems with alcohol since my first drink but its only in the last 2 years that I've really been affected by binge drinking. Every woman should read this!!!
on 28 July 2013
This is the best, essential and the one book every woman who drinks more than a couple of glasses a couple of times a week should read.

It's a Buy One Get One Free, because two inspirational women have written it together and written it especially for women.

There are horror stories, but happy endings, with some great analogies, tips and tricks to help you make your own changes. Sarah and Lucy know what they are talking about- they have done the booze,but also juggled kids, marriages and jobs..just like so many of us. And now they are kicking back against the big booze marketing machine!
Sober living presented as never before.
on 15 August 2013
Many of us are out of control with our drinking - we just don't know it. For anyone who is tired of hangovers, not being able to lose weight, fed up of alienating people when drunk, then this book is for you. I really thought that life without a drink would be a living hell of boredom. Yes, it was tough at first, but now I can socialise, feel/look great and I am so enjoying a wonderful life. Wish I had done it sooner and limited some of the damage to my life, but its never too late. The inspiring experiences and very honest views are a tremendous way to start on a alcohol free journey. This book is amazing and life changing. You must read!
on 10 August 2013
A good read, with a few grammatical and sentence structure errors thrown in but I can forgive those as it is inspiring reading the success stories stories. If you are awakening to the fact you have an issue with alcohol then this is a good book to start with along with the fantastic support website soberistas.com