on 15 October 2013
Often you'll see something for sale at this price and appreciate that you are taking a risk that it won't work properly or be awkward or the instructions are incomprehensible. Sometimes that's not the case. This is one of those occasions.

The device plugs into the dock (remove any iPod mini plate or similar or it won't seat), switch the dock to iPod if it's a radio/dock and turn on Bluetooth on you phone or tablet. You device should find the iLink. Older devices will. Ask for a PIN. Newer devices automatically try 0000. Play some media from any app.

Other reviews talk about dock compatibility. I've done some research: if your dock charges an iPhone, it will work with this. Additionally, it's stops being discoverable when a device is connected. To swap devices as input, just disconnect from one and connect from another as it instantly becomes discoverable again.

It's really simple, really effective and really quite cool in it's simple effectiveness.
on 18 December 2013
Works perfectly on my Bose sounddock. Also (more unexpectedly) it works in my car. I have a iphone 4 adaptor that plugs into the sound sytem that was BMW supplied and when upgrading to the iphone 5 had assumed I would need a new cable however can use this adaptor on the old pin adaptor and sync up via bluetooth.
on 6 September 2014
ORIGINAL REVIEW 1 Star

Sadly it didn't work. I've tried it with 3 different docks (Apple and non-Apple) and various devices iPods (various iOS versions) and an Android tablet and nothing worked.

In most cases the pairing happened and the device seemed paired and audio was apparently playing but no sound came out.

I've lots of other Bluetooth stuff which worked.

1 star for Amazon taking it back !

UPDATED REVIEW 3 Stars

The supplier kindly sent a second one to try. This "sort of" works. I now think I understand what the problem is, read on to see if it will work for you.

The dock I have it works with is a JBL dock, I guess fairly old and fairly "dumb" in that it provides little control of the iOS device.

Neither of my Apple docks work. One is used via USB to a Denon stereo, the other via analogue audio and a phono lead to an old Hi-Fi amp. I conclude that in both of the Apple dock cases, the dock needs to "recognise" the device. This theory is supported by the fact that plugging an iOS device into the JBL dock I sometimes get a message on the iPhone saying "this is not a supported device".

So.....

Conclusion, if the dock will play audio whatever is plugged into the connector, this eSync device will work (assuming you don't get a faulty one), if the dock "validates" the connected device, you won't get audio.

If I'm correct I suggest more information is added to the listing by the supplier.
on 4 March 2014
Like some other buyers I thought this was too good to be true at this price but having read the reviews thought I could afforf to risk it. I have just changed from an IPhone to a Samsung S4 which left my beatiful Bose dock redundant hence the purchase. Sloted the receiver in and completed the sync with my bluetooth and it worked first time without even having to enter the pairing code. I do think those that have purchased this item and cannot connect must have a problem with dock comparability. Totally recomend this item recomend this item.
on 17 February 2014
A great product that works really well via bluetooth and allows me to connect my iphone 5s with my Bose sound system
on 15 June 2014
In principle this is a useful product at a handy price - it failed to work for me though.

I've an iPhone 5 and a Bose SoundDock Portable. After inserting the eSYNiC into the dock the LEDs flashed red and blue, I enabled Bluetooth on my iPhone and successfully paired, at which time the LEDs flashed blue. Selecting the eSYNiC as a Bluetooth output in iOS appeared to work, but then failed to play any music through the dock. After 5 or so seconds of silence the Bluetooth connection dropped and I had to reconnect once again.

Tried a number of different configurations, with the SoundDock plugged in and not, forgetting the device and reconnecting, but nothing would work for me.

; however I was unable to get the iPhone to play. I could pair with the eSYNiC receiver
on 17 April 2014
Bought this for our holiday and has worked flawlessly. Just locate into the dock, turns on automatically, turn the Bluetooth on, in my case the ipad and that's it connected. Streamed music and films for 2 weeks without a glitch. Does not work with all docks so read manufacturers details
on 19 March 2014
I have a Cambridge Audio One+ CD/DAB receiver with iPod dock, but no iPod. Plugged this thing in, paired it with my inexpensive Nokia Lumia 520 and now I have music. To my delight, the Lumia 520 even obeys the Cambridge Audio remote - pause, play, next track, etc. The only room for improvement I can think of would be a manual reboot switch: one has to unplug the eSynic from the iPod dock and replug it each time one wants to re-establish the Bluetooth connection, which seems like unnecessary wear and noise - but that's me being fussy. An excellent device at a low price with which I am well pleased.
on 12 April 2014
This product means we can use the ipad, our mobiles and my kids can use this to play music through the bose speaker which has had much more use since we bought this.

Arrived quickly and with no problem.
on 8 May 2014
Been using this for several months now and has turned my Bose docking station into a Bluetooth speaker, absolutely brilliant little discreet bit of kit. Very easy to connect worth every penny