on 10 January 2014
I've just received this motherboard and even just looking into the nice feeling box makes me happy and giggly. I can't take it out the box yet as I'm waiting for everything else for my computer to come, but this was first and I can tell just by the look that this motherboard is high class. Highest of the highs.

The colours of the box brings you in first, then the feel the materials, then lifting the cover attached to the rest pf the box kept in place by velcro to be presented with this piece of art. You read key features of the board whilst glancing at a sturdy, shiny piece of kit. You open the actual box and you get that amazing smell of your new product hitting you in the face and then you feel the metals which hold it all together. The colours of the board are nothing short of beautiful.

Every single thing about this board screams top class and I can't wait to fit it all together. If just the look makes me happy, imagine piecing my future powerhouse together.

Once all the parts have come within the next few months, I will do a quick review on the board and hopefully say why you should buy it. And ignore the guy that gave it one star, he obviously made some rookie mistakes and has resulted to blaming the board rather than his engineering skills.

------------------------------------------------- EDIT ---------------------------------------------------------

I've received all the components for my computer except the graphics card (still choosing). This motherboard is perfect. Easy to use BIOS, lots to do in the BIOS, very easy to use. It runs all the components really well and I haven't been this happy with spending more for so long. 5/5 MUST BUY IF LOOKING FOR HIGH QUALITY. VERY welcoming and easy to understand for beginners too.

PC specs:
Asus Maximus vi Hero
i7 4770K CPU
AX860 PSU
16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws X
H80i watercooler
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti EVGA reference cooler 3GB VRAM (most likely)
BenQ XL2420T
Corsair Vengeance C70 Artic White case
on 21 January 2014
I was asked to put together a system for a Christmas gift for my next door neighbours son and built up a pretty neat gaming system with this Hero board as the foundation. 4770K, 16GB of memory and a R9 290X graphic card. Ryan has been totally blown away by the system. The motherboard looks great, works great and has some of the coolest features I have yet seen in a gaming system.

Just loved the Sonic Radar, some bundled software that allows you to pin point the bad guys in FPS by sound. You get this cool radar screen showing you where they are in relation to your position.

And the OC'ing software is just great. AISuite III let me set up a couple of profiles for different games and was real simple to do. Only thing that surprised me was that four way optimisation is not available for any of the ROG boards. But I guess with these top end board you are going to want to do it yourself.

All the USB connections you could want, plenty SATA ports for storage and over all a just fabulously good looking piece of kit.

Totally hooked on the ROG brand, top products to top systems.
on 7 February 2014
To those, who like me like to tinker in the Bios but refuse to pay silly prices for top end boards then this is for you. Excellent board that screams quality - cant see any obvious short cuts on the build quality. Soon got my 4670k up to 4.5 with no issues. I researched lots of boards before plumping for the Hero and im not dissapointed
on 3 March 2014
This board is fantastic. It has a great BIOS which was nice to overclock from; rather useful when you have an i7 4770K. Plently of room for RAM and PCI cards too. There is a nice built in audio card as well which has shielding (Basically it blocks out the static that would be made by the components, so it give high quality.)

A great board with some amazing features, a definite buy for the high end.
on 21 May 2016
I decided to get this motherboard when upgrading to an i5 4690K, and after 3 days it arrived. When building my computer, this motherboard was extremely helpful as it has Q-Codes which help you diagnose any problems you may have when building your computer. The motherboard looks great, works great and has some of the coolest features I have yet seen in a gaming system.

And the OC'ing software is great. AISuite III let me set up a couple of profiles for different games and was real simple to do. Only thing that surprised me was that four way optimisation is not available for any of the ROG boards. But I guess with these top end boards you are going to want to do it yourself.

All the USB connections you could want, plenty of SATA ports for storage and over all just a fabulously good looking piece of kit.

Totally hooked on the ROG brand, top products for top systems.
on 11 September 2014
Bought for the high quality capacitors - my Asus A8N - SLI boards fitted in 2006,7 and 8 were working and one is even now still running Win 7 (but it can't cope with playing Blu-Rays) so I have stuck with a brand and hope for same reliability.

Good points - build quality.
You get all the connectors you need and even labels to identify which is which
Bad points
Check cooler compatibility there are some monsters out there that won't fit (but the monsters tend to to be difficult to fit anyway and are not necessarily any quieter or more effective)
SATA connectors point forwards - even in a large Antec case this was inconvenient and could make future drive expansion unnecessarily tricky
on 11 May 2014
This is the first time I've used a ROG board and I must say that I'm impressed. Easy, foolproof installation, no need to buy additional sata cables if you're going for a fairly standard build as these are included. Easy config BIOS and BIOS updater program. Unfortunately, overclocking my Haswell i5-4570k above 3.8ghz causes windows to BSOD after 5 minutes. I think that's more down to the voltage limitations of the Haswell than this board though, or maybe it's just me :) Anyway, runs like a dream, has a nice touch of easily interpreted led codes on the MB to diagnose any problems.
Was delivered well before the stated delivery date and was well protected. Recommended.
on 29 January 2014
This mobo is a no frills enthusiasts mobo, it cuts out all the that stuff you will never use on a mobo and you get something that is great for gaming and overclocking. The tweaking you can do in the bios is immense, love it.

I love the red led effect that separates the on-board sound from interference, it looks really cool especially when your case has a side window. Sound quality is really good.

For me the hero has been 100% stable with the latest bios, will always buy Asus because of this.
on 6 February 2014
This was used for my second build. Found everything to be in a similar location to the first build and the instruction book was quite clear, making this an easy board to install. Mounted a Corsair water cooling unit on it without too much effort. The SATA ports are a bit tricky to access once all the other cables are plugged in, so I would recommend connecting them up first. The board performs superbly and interfaces well with all other quality components.The BIOS has more options than I know what to do with!
on 1 April 2014
very good motherboard great for overclocking only issue I have is the a1 suite software when the boards were released they showed them on you tube with the ai suite automatically finding your best overclock unfortunately the ai suite that comes with the rog boards doesn't do this it just does a cpu lvl up at 4.2 4.4 and 4.6 so I just overclocked it myself other than that its a dam good overclocking board