on 8 April 2014
Very nice motherboard, with one issue...

Firstly it's very solidly designed, clean and tidy, with loads of features - you can read the list as well as I can; everything appears sensibly placed and accessible. The LED status is very useful, as are the power/reset buttons (if only for when you're assembling the PC).

My first board was DOA (wouldn't recognize any memory), the second was dispatched quickly by amazon and I got it the next day - it had no problems.

The issue is with the the RF shielding on the back, which sticks out quite far; I bought it to go in a Corsair Obsidian 750D. It's in, but barely - held in place by only three screws. This case doesn't use the usual motherboard posts, instead having stamped raisers instead, which are mounds rather than pillars - the mounds are wide enough that they catch the RF shielding and stop the board from sitting in place for the screws. I haven't tried the board in any other case, but I assume you'd have similar problems with any case that has similar raised mounts for the board; if it just uses posts then you're probably not going to have the same issue.
on 16 September 2014
The keyboard looks very nice, and comes in fancy packaging. It is a standard ATX motherboard but the shielding at the back does come out a bit and may cause troubles with some cases.

The motherboard has a power and restart button, which was useful when I was breadboarding. It is also quite nice that I has two 8 segment displays that display an error message which can be looked up in the user guide.
The ram slides in on one side and click into the other, this meant that I didn't have to push very hard and I knew when the ram was clicked in.
The wireless is a separate module that also allow you to attach a M.2 SSD module onto a "mPCIE Combo II" The antenna has to be then attached to the wireless module and is placed outside the case. Usefully it is has a magnet inside and I like to stick it to my metal case. Sadly it is a bit fiddly to screw it on when the motherboard is inside the case.
When installing the cpu fan, you may find some difficulty with the screw/clip closest to the crosschill cooling armour.

The advanced bios is very easy to use but comes with many options. It is also helpful that the motherboard has a reboot to bios button because normally it startup up before I have time to press a key. It is very useful that the bios can be navigated with a mouse and keyboard and ability to create and save notes to a memory stick is very useful when debugging.

Most of the features like Fan Xpert, WiFi GO, 3.0 Boost and Sonic Radar are for Windows 7/8 only. This is a shame because I am using Ubuntu.
Also sadly the VII Formula and x99 came out, which means this board may drop in price sometime soon.
on 18 August 2014
best motherboard i have ever owned, and so easy to install, please remember if your buying this the cpu socket is 1150,
its bios is easy to use very similar to asus's standered z78 motherboard, the build in sound card, has high qaulity sounding, the armor that helps keep the motherboard getting hot from other harware thats plugged in does the trick nicely, i was easy to install into my zalman z11 plus (i know not the best case) but the only thing i wasnt impressed was that it didnt come with its own screws, but other than that its one amazing board and you wont be dissapointed with it :)
on 10 April 2014
I'm not going to concern myself with reviewing the actual hardware. Suffice it to say that is a very high-end board with more features than you can shake a stick at. Like another reviewer here however, I had a lot of trouble getting it into my Corsair Carbide Series 300R CC-9011017-WW Windowed Gaming Case. Partpicker site says the case is compatible but the problem is that the shield on the back of the board fouls the raised 'mounds' that play the role of stand-offs in this (and I believe many other) Corsair cases. Basically you have two options: Use a case that requires actual stand-offs, or (as I have done for the time being) remove the shield completely. You can't use stand-offs on the Corsair case because the back IO ports will not line up with the IO shield. What I may do in the future is trim the cut-outs on the shield to clear the built-in stand-offs, which will allow me to re-install the shield, but it's more likely that I'll replace the case at some point.

Oh yes, and avoid AI Suite III like the plague.
on 3 March 2014
This motherboard performs extremely well, and it was handy to have the start and reset buttons for my initial boot test. The shields are a good idea, but they make installing all the components on it, and installing it into the case a nightmare. If you have the patience of a saint, then this is a great choice.
on 28 June 2014
I wasn't as easy as I though to install it and the I/O shield gave a hell of a problem. Try to get an magnet screwdriver before you even start. The other thing that bother me was the display port. Sometimes it stop sending the signal to the monitor without reason and then got back to normal. I did think, I was going to pay little extra money to have a problem-free mobo, but that wasn't the case. Lycky me it fixed and start working as it supposed to.

If I had known this I could buy any other card for that price.
on 7 April 2016
I always buy Asus boards. Never had any problem.
on 14 June 2016
Not good enough
on 22 December 2013
It's a beautiful, tough motherboard that has an incredible specification; Latest z87 chipset, easy watercooling integration, in-built high-end soundcard, plenty of fan headers, an included BT/WIFI adapter with mPCIe integration, and loads of cool freebies in the box, including tons of included software. It performs well and is a pleasure to have in a windowed case.

But it is not without fault, solely in terms of how stressed out i got installing it. The ROG armour is aesthetically pleasing and makes handling easy and harmless to the motherboard. However, i didn't have a magnetic screwdriver, and the screws were awkward as hell to get into their respective slots, and if i couldn't get them in correctly they were awkward to get out again. So, if you have a magnetic screwdriver or something of the like you'll be fine. Only other real issue is that the I/O shield has like a foamy material on it, and the instructions literally don't mention it, so i didn't know whether to take it off or leave it on, but it makes it slightly more annoying to position the Mobo in case with it on.

My issues have literally been down to impatience and poor equipment on my part, but im not giving it 5 stars because installation really stressed me out.

However, the actual product is more than i expected, the instructions detail everything, build quality is what you'd expect from a high-end ASUS product, and it packs enough features to justify the price, something which i personally rarely admit. Great product, and if you're not an impatient manchild without a magentic screwdriver, this product is easily unbeatable.
on 25 October 2014
Im not sure why people have had so may issues and rated it less than 5 stars?

Installation was easy in to a Full size tower by corsair. NO installation issues what so ever!

I love the ROG features like the armour and reset buttons.

ROG armour performs well. Even with SLI running (2 cards at 2GB each) flat out my system hardly gets warm at all!

Quality components have been used. You can see that from just looking at the board.

No idea why you would buy this board and then rip off the armour. If you didn't want that feature then why buy it. I guess they didn't do through enough research before they bought the board. If you do some leg work you will see that this board tops the reviews for its price range.

I've had no issues with this product and will defiantly buy from this range again.

Enjoy