Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 2 September 2013
Having listened to Capercaille for years I first saw them this year at Sidmouth folk festival ,I believe it is the furthest south they have been ?.....I thought it was a stunning concert and that night ordered this album. it does not disappoint. It is true to their Gaelic roots with a lovely blend of contemporary rhythms and sounds .The title track is one of the best songs I have heard this year and very relevant to the present state of affairs. If I was Scottish I would nominate it as the national anthem !
on 12 August 2013
Having taken advantage of Amazon's 'auto rip' I was able to listen to this before the arrival of the CD. This is a terrific, beautiful record in which Capercaillie return to their Gaelic roots. There is only one song in English, the title track, a most beautiful moving song with a fantastic melody that speaks of the essence of the whole album. Karen's voice is as sublime as ever, the band is as brilliantly in tune with each other as ever. I saw them at Sidmouth last Thursday and they were stupendously good. It's great that they have recorded after such a gap and what a brilliant return to their best this is. I'm sure it will stand out as one of their classics in years to come. Can't recommend it enough.
on 31 August 2013
I have followed Capercaillie since 1987 and have been continually amazed at the quality of every recording they release, this is no different. It is maybe more relaxed and does not quite contain the blistering instrumentals that I personally feel balance the vocal tracks but.... this is a superbly played, produced and crafted collection.... again.
Karens vocals have never sounded better and with the addition of guest musicians especially the guest vocalists (all great singers themselves) Jarleth Henderson on pipes and Tommy Smith on sax only adds to the end result.
The more I listen the more I enjoy this cd and added to all the other superb cds they have recorded over the years its still exciting to listen to a new release. My favourite is the stunning Abu Chuibhl',this amazing track is pure gold.
Capercaillie are as great as any band that have ever played; roots, traditional, folk, world or any form of music, 30 years and still going strong.
on 23 September 2013
This is a great new album from the band. It's swingy, catchy, at times reminiscent of their previous albums, but always fresh. The vocals are great as ever and I love the way Karen's voice has matured over the years. It's great to discover new things in her voice even after listening to their albums for years. The band has again managed to produce a fresh new album that is unmistakeably Capercaillie but manages to surprise with every song.

Abu Chuibhl' is great to sing along with and has a big band feel. I love The Strathspey Set. The Uilleann pipes bit is cracking.

I just wish that they included the lyrics to the songs or put them on the website. For those of us learning Gàidhlig, or those of us who want to sing along it really is imperative they are accessible.
on 30 September 2013
Despite the passage of time, Capercaillie have come storming back with a brilliant album ! All the strengths of this band are here on this record. The muscianship (as always) is outstanding, and Karen's voice has never sounded better or more alluring. The overall sound is one of a band performing at their best !! Congratulations !!
on 5 November 2013
Ah the glorious Capercaille. I love this CD. It is perfect for smooth evening listening or playing in the car. Karen Matheson's haunting beautiful voice is always soothing.
I had the pleasure of going to one of their concerts in Oban once.
on 23 September 2013
A very accomplished recording showcasing this excellent groups musicality and talent. Karen's voice is as good as ever and is quite unique. She is in my opinion the finest of the Gaelic singers.
on 25 September 2013
Another great offering from Capercaillie, you always are assured a sound CD, with catchy tunes and powerful lyrics. Great vocals from Karen Matheson again
VINE VOICEon 18 April 2015
Capercaillie can't bring out a duff album. They're also like a good wine getting better and better with age. With Karen Matheson providing the delicate and beautiful vocal performance and the band providing the delicious and mercurial instrumentation and arrangements, Capercaillie have produced what I probably conceive to be one of their finest albums to date.

Karen Matheson's vocals are ethereal and at times beautiful and clear especially on the Gaelic songs. The band obviously do a grand job of helping her out musically in their usual brilliant way. It would be extremely hard for me to pick out a single favourite track on this album so I will say that I absolutely love the whole album. They continue to get better and better and after their last album 'Roses and Tears', which I thought was a great album itself, I think that this group is certainly my all-time favourite.

If I was able to give more than five stars I would give it lots of stars. Comes highly recommended by this very happy reviewer. I am looking forward to their next album. More of the same please.
on 4 April 2014
I have been a fan of Capercailie since their early days and this is Capercailie at their best - back to their musical roots. A brilliant cd, each track beautifully performed. Good variety of music too, jigs and reels, all with that Capercailie magic. Karen Matheson's voice just gets better. The track which is the title of the cd is the only one in English, but no way detracts from the Gaelic feel of the song. Worth it just for this track alone. Exceptional musicians, enjoying their music, and it comes across on every track on this cd. I love it!