5.0 out of 5 stars This is Whey awesome
Tastes amazing. The chocolate mint flavour is bang on!

You get a load of shakes that taste terrible and are grainy, but this stuff tastes like it is meant to which is great. I've been on this stuff for a month or two and everyone else that has tried it has said how epic the taste is.

My Mrs is always trying to steal some but I told her to get her...
Published 7 months ago by D. Gee

3.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla is pretty nice, but the farts are baaaaaaaddd
I recommend this product to anyone looking for some whey protein. It is your basic whey and does what it says on the tin.

Beware: Farts are horrendous. It gets me bloated if I drink it too quick

Other than that, ENJOY
Published 8 months ago by TJ Gundu

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Whey awesome, 10 Sep 2013
Tastes amazing. The chocolate mint flavour is bang on!

My Mrs is always trying to steal some but I told her to get her own.

Oh and if you were interested, I can really feel it working. I can lift WHEY more than I used to.

And finally, is when I ordered it, it came quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla is pretty nice, but the farts are baaaaaaaddd, 12 Aug 2013

Beware: Farts are horrendous. It gets me bloated if I drink it too quick

Other than that, ENJOY

1.0 out of 5 stars So so protein, 24 Mar 2014
I normally get my protein from myprotein.com but I got some amazon vouchers from work and saw this giant tub going for the same price as a 2.5kg bag from myprotein. I foolishly forgot to check the nutritional info breakdown - it's actually not on the product page but it CAN be found on the matrix nutrition website. I discovered this had 15g of sugar per serving! 15g!!! A giant 45G scoop only gets you 23g of protein. Myprotein impact whey gets you close to that amount of protein (19g) in a 25g scoop and has virtually no sugar. Yes it has sweeteners.. cancer... blah blah. I'm dieting and I'm watching my total sugar intake so it makes things complicated. And yes it's my fault for not doing more research on the product before buying it but this is a review and I'm sharing my thoughts.

I mix my whey with my morning cereal and I found this to taste pretty bad despite the high sugar content. Myprotein's chocolate smooth impact whey had spoiled me and I'd got used to enjoying my morning cereal. Now it's back to the old days of holding your nose, chewing, swallowing and drinking some water to wash away the taste!

It'll probably taste better when mixed with milk or water? I don't normally take my protein that way but it looks like I'm gonna have to.

So I now have a giant 5KG tub which will take several months to go through. Lesson learnt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste nice!, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Matrix Whey Protein Powder 5kg is a flexible product which is ideally suited for those looking for a cost-effective supplement to use in conjunction with a training programme aimed at increasing weight and muscle mass. (Cookies & Cream) (Personal Care)
Been working out 10 years+ this is a nice shake its value for money does the trick even the wife tries to have a sip but she needs to buy her own! cookies and cream is what I am using cant speak for other flavours

4.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate flavour: Great value, check content, you get what you pay for, 3 April 2014
Mr. K. T. Johnsey "kris69" (Newport) - See all my reviews
I went for Whey Matrix on recommendation from a couple of friends who had been using it and raving on how good it was.
First of all, it's great value. you'll struggle to find 5kg of protein powder cheaper, but there's a reason for this (you get what you pay for so to speak).

I went for the chocolate and I have to say the taste is pretty good. I make smoothies in a blender post workout and with my previous batch of protein I had to use syrup in my smoothies to get em to taste good, no need for this with matrix so this is a big plus. It is a bit grainy in texture, so you need to keep the blender going for a bit longer than usual, but I have tried it with just the protein powder, water and milk, no other ingredients and it's the best I've ever tasted.

The reason for it tasting so good, is it has a high carbohydrate content, 15g per 45g scoop. Now for most, this seems a bad thing, but I see it as a good thing. If you're training you burn calories and you burn glycogen, so an intake of carbohydrate will fuel your body and will help with an insulin spike. Insulin improves the production of muscles. Most protein powders go for sweeteners to keep the carbs and calorie content low, as this will help sell the product. Sweeteners are carcinogenic and bad for the kidneys and wont give you that insulin spike, so the carb content I actually prefer. If you're worrying that much about calories, then train harder.

Where matrix is weak, is in its protein content. Works out about 16g protein per 30g, most protein powders are around the 24g protein content, which is the major "get what you pay for" negative of matrix.
It's also lacking the amino "l-arginine" which is a major one involved with nourishing the muscles. It does ok on the other amino content, but it's not up there with the more expensive powders.

BUT (and it's a big but for me), at such a cheap price, I now put 2 scoops in my shakes. With other powders I'd stick to 1 scoop and add fruit, peanut butter etc. to make up the difference, so I'm actually getting more protein in my shakes since getting matrix and I'm saving money on maple syrup lol.

It has 3 types of protein, all with their pros and cons and variety is good with supplements. I'm seeing results, good results from taking this powder. Maybe it's because I'm not feeling the need to watch how much I use up and maybe the carb spike is an important aspect of muscle gain I overlooked in the past with low calorie protein shakes.

I would say get whey matrix if you're on a budget, you make smoothies (grainy so I can see it being bad for shakers) and you have them post workout. If you're heavily reliant on protein shakes being your main source of protein and aminos then go for a more expensive brand. If like me you see protein powder as a supplement to a good diet, a post workout treat worth a good tasting smoothie and something you don't want to be spending a fortune on, then matrix is the one.

4.0 out of 5 stars tasty!, 23 Mar 2014
Tastes great after a workout, really good the only thing i would say is that its difficult to mix only tried it with milk

5.0 out of 5 stars Protein, 2 Mar 2014
Mixed easily,the chocolate flavour is great no bloating,I have gained 8lbs from one tub of matrix so I will be using it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 30 Jan 2014
Gained 4 kg in weight, but it gives lot of farts that stinks bad!!!!!!!! So would recommend if you live alone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, good first thing in the morning & post workout, 14 Oct 2013
Best tasting, easily digested protein I've ever tried. I take one scoop with 350ml water every morning & another post workout. Have seen great development & have found that I've got leaner without losing too much muscle mass.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy, 1 Mar 2014
this stuff is not what it says its mostly suger disguised as protein took it for one week and made me well ill and the powder itself is so thin like caster suger!stay well clear unless you want nesquick powder that will just give you a suger high

ARRAY(0xb443a0a8)