Published 6 months ago by A Dowse

1.0 out of 5 stars The quality of the recording was poor.
We have returned the recorder and have received a repayment for it.
The supplier was very co-operative and offered useful suggestions, but the article was too fiddlly to operate (we are both in our late seventies)and have taken it back and refunded our money for which we thank them.
The communication with the supplier was excellent.

Roger Smith
Published 4 months ago by C. R. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Searched for something to record shopping list reminders, things to do etc. This is a wonderful little gadget!, 15 Feb 2014
Baffled by all the 'bells and whistles' on some dictaphones, I searched endlessly for something basic I could use to record memos for my shopping list, reminders etc. Not really being into gadgets that work with a computer, I was looking for something small, that would fit into my pocket, be easy to operate, and operate similar to the old fashioned cassette type recorders. I finally chose the esynic rechargeable voice recorder. The machine does have 'bells and whistles' to work with your pc, etc. but for me, I just use it in a similar way to which you would the old fashioned cassette recorder. Many of the cassette recorders on offer were a bit big and bulky to fit into a pocket, I found. Here is a list of positives/negatives - Excellent play back sound quality. Even on low volume the play back can be heard easily, and is very clear. The dictaphone is a nice discreet size, although I would say some of the buttons could prove a bit fiddly for a large hand. The instructions are obviously translated, and can be a bit difficult to understand because of this, but after a bit of playing around I found it to be simple to operate. I found it necessary to contact the seller with regard to how to charge the dictaphone, as these instructions aren't contained in the operating leaflet. The seller was very helpful and replied promptly. You will need a pc to charge the dictaphone, a USB cable is supplied to do this, it just fits into your modem - the computer must be operating. Also the seller advised that you could use a telephone charger also. The dictaphone is very light, made in China, but doesn't feel 'cheap/tacky'. The dictaphone has proved an invaluable little tool for me, helps me remember all kinds of things that I need to do - all you need to do is remember to take it with you everywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Effective little GADGET, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: eSynic 8GB Steel Digital Voice Sound Phone Recorder Dictaphone MP3 Player Audio Record Black Color with Built-in Lithium Battery (Electronics)
I bought this as i required evidence for a meeting,the picture of the item is as i would say actual size hence the title small but effective, making it a discrete device the clarity is quite good as well,the instructions are a little UN clear but after messing around you can work it out.... Also found the telephone recording facility useful, as i am sure you are aware when you ring big companies up they offer you this and that sounds good so you agree and when they send you the details etc its not quite as how they described it to you on the phone. Well now you can tell them by playing the conversation back to them.........
I did how ever find this set up a bit fiddly,with the instructions not been clear and when i sorted it out i noticed a lot of interference so much so you couldn't hear the conversation properly, so I messed about a bit more and realised it was my internet router that was causing the interference and all i did there was just disconnected the dsl cable from the micro filter made a call to a friend whilst recording it, Played it back and hey presto no interference....
All in all great little product all round. instructions a little unclear causing it to be a little complicated to work out, great having a built in rechargeable battery making it small lightweight and very compact. Over all im happy with the product and the price was reasonable as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 9 Jan 2014
This was bought for my young son who has memory problems and difficulties writing. His school is happy for him to use it as a form of diary to record the homework set and to remember things like PE kit etc.

A great item - basic, but exactly right for job.

5.0 out of 5 stars dicktaphone, 25 Jan 2014
this is a good product I use mine all the time as a sort of back up memory if you see what I mean.I only have to charge it once a month.
I am very happy with my product.

1.0 out of 5 stars The quality of the recording was poor., 27 April 2014
C. R. Smith - See all my reviews
We have returned the recorder and have received a repayment for it.
The communication with the supplier was excellent.

Roger Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Skips and loses time as it records, 9 Jun 2014
This voice recorder skips and loses time as it records audio. If you record 5 minutes of audio, it will only record about 4 minutes and 56 seconds and the other 4 seconds is lost. If you try reading a book out loud for 5 minutes and then play it back you will see what i mean; several words will be cut in half or missing all together.

I've been professionally editing videos for 10 years now so i know what I'm doing and there's no fault with myself or the other software or equipment that i use. I line up the audio from this with the video i have shot and to start with it's great - the audio comes out at the same time as the video just as it should. Within 3 minutes, the audio has drifted out of sync so your mouth on the video is moving at a different time to when the words are being spoken!

I know a lot about editing and believe me, i have tried everything. Different bit rates, formatting the recorder, different mics...nothing makes it work. Maybe it's only the one i had and they're not all like this but mine jumps around when recording, making it useless for my needs.

It's such a shame because it's a great little MP3 player and useful as a storage drive (hence the 2 stars) but that's not why i bought it. For basic use such as shopping lists then it might be fine, although don't be surprised if you come home missing an item or two that it didn't record!

Bare in mind that the instructions with this item are useless as they were written in Chinese and translated very badly. It's not that hard to work out how to use it but if you aren't tech savvy then you could struggle. For example; the instructions say "Please refer to the battery level to timely charge" and "if you do not recording after boot, please long press". No i haven't missed words out (like this recorder would!), that is exactly how it's written.

For making videos where you want to sync the audio and the video then i'd recommending spending just a bit more on a better known brand. Save this for the kids and basic tasks.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 8 Jan 2014
Mr. M. Wheat (uk) - See all my reviews
very good recorder for the price,,,a little bit fiddly when operating and changing features, but overall a very good device and picks up the sound very easily when recording

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 20 Mar 2014
Works fine, very light and small but with big control buttons so easy to use. Clear recording, so much so that it works with Dragon naturally speaking 12 (Home edition) without having to set up an additional profile.
Does exactly what I wanted it to do and a bit more as a bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value of money, and not much money at that!, 3 Aug 2014
A. Windsor "technophile" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
For the price, this is an excellent little gadget.

After a little playing around, I got it working (the manual is not brilliantly translated, but it's OK) and tried it out recording a segment of game night at mine (five voices, people talking over one another, different distances). The resulting recording has a little tiny whine at the quietest moments, but otherwise is clear as a bell.

The build quality is very plasticky, but doesn't seem too fragile. The headphone and mic ports seem sturdy and the buttons have a reasonably nice action to them.

In terms of performance, I have a sneaking suspicion that battery is more a limiting factor than memory (especially as it automatically pauses recording for silence, with no noticeable lag) but you'd still get multiple hours of recording out of it.

It also has a little loudspeaker for replaying files through, which is pretty serviceable if you're playing something back for e.g. an interviewee.

I got mine in tough plain brown cardboard packaging, with lots of bubble wrap inside with the various components. I got a wire mic, headphones, and some attachments for recording phone conversations. Also a short USB lead for charging and file transfer. I tried the wire mic (pretty good) but not the other accessories.

Overall, it feels a little cheap, especially in the firmware and manual, but it's actually VERY cheap. For the money, you couldn't ask for much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the perfect size and so cool, 12 Jun 2014
E.S.P. (London, England) - See all my reviews
FAST delivery, within a few days and the product is great.
So easy to use so I am not being technically challenged by it at all!