Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 15 August 2014
I love the concept, if only it were well made! I just needed some extra space for camping trips 3-4 times a year. This seemed perfect for the sleeping bags, air beds, towels and clothes that take up so much room in the boot. In the end it took the tent as well as my new small estate car was not as wide as my old Golf and I couldn't even get the tent in! Oops. To give credit where due, this is huge, and cheap and did the job, carting all our soft camping stuff from Northampton to Caridgan Bay and back, and I never once had a worry while it was on the top. Unfortunately the zip is awful. One side did not work, and the other side is very temperemental so we thought it would do not do up at all for the return journey. It did in the end but it was a worry. The sellers have said I can return it for a refund so all good on that front but it's just such a shame as it could be brilliant. £25 for 480 litres - you'd probably pay 20 times that for the same capapcity roof box. I hope someone produces the same product but with a decent zip and some grab handles handles underneath to help you lift it (we struggled to lift it once our kit was in). I would happily pay a lot more for that.
on 28 July 2014
The product arrived on time and was exactly as described but as we started to load it we noticed the zip was broken, also all the inside had started to peel. The stitching had come apart and we'd only put sleeping bags and pillows in it. The straps kept coming lose so we had to make it more secure.
Wouldn't recommend this product
on 4 January 2014
Ok, first things first - don't be put off by the price! This item performs far better than the price tag suggests.
Negatives are you can't really fill it in situ so you need muscle to get it onto the roof. Also the zips are too flimsy (heavy duty please), the webbing straps should be continuous over the top of the bag so as not to stress the material, the zips also need another pair of runners so you can easily open each side at the front so as to optimise the fill, and it's bloody noisy if you don't get it filled right (see point above).
Positives - it's a fantastic piece of removable kit that stood up top 1500 miles on top of my xc90 with around 9 hours of that in a torrential downpour with me driving at 80 mph most of the time, and with 2 hours standing in the rain before we left. The inside of the bag as still pretty much dry (I did use waterproof liners as well, but needn't have done so. The best bit was being able to totally remove it from the car once we had arrived thus no need to drive around with a fuel guzzling carbuncle strapped to the top of your car. Easy to attach (but do tie down the strap-ends as they could work loose) and remove and folds to nothing.
This is not a piece of kit that can outperform a Thule for regular use, but for occasional trips (once a year holidays, etc), save your cash and buy one, just don't overload your car roof!
If the manufacturer can improve it as I have suggested it would be a cracking piece of kit that would be more usable for regular trips as opposed to occasional ones.
Great buy and cost less than the roof bars alone (also cost only 25% of the cost of hiring a box for 2 weeks!) so can't complain one bit.
on 17 November 2013
it did leak water on the way to Ireland but we drove for four hours in the rain so was not that dad
on 9 October 2013
Very good value and able to store five suitcase securely on top of the 4 x 4 , and ok for a minimal shower but need to wait to see results in a heavy rainfall
on 20 February 2016
Brilliant way of taking all the children's paraphernalia on holiday. We took everything but the kitchen sink. The only thing I would say is you might want to put a board in the bottom to protect paintwork and spread the weight. I used my cars boot floor board inside it as the edges are rounded. Would buy again
on 8 August 2015
If this product had a quality zip it would be awesome, but the zip is just cheap and nasty. The concept is great, and so is its capacity, but it's made out of cheap materials. The tie-down straps have frayed very badly. It served its purpose for about 4 camping trips but I wouldn't risk using it again now that the zip has gone. It would be great if a high quality version of the same design could be manufactured.
on 3 September 2014
Good if you want to spend your time picking your belongings off the road !!
Just a really Bad Product. don't bother
on 14 July 2014
but one turned up with broken zip x
on 24 August 2015
Needed it for a one off holiday, used it in conjunction with a temporary strap on roof rack. It held several suitcases safely and comfortably.
Minor problem with the zip but overcame that with extra strapping. Good VFM.