on 25 June 2014
This is one book I really enjoyed. Some of the tales were funny and some pull the heart strings. It also shows the rather nasty side of the Americans with there sue, sue, sue attitude. I really cant understand why someone devoted to their occupation would want to carry on with this sort of attitude so obvious.
on 20 October 2014
I never get tired of reading these kind of recollections about the unpredictability and diversity of events that happen every day in the clinical environment. This did not disappoint and was entertaining with the right amount of humour in appropriate measure and place. I can recognise patients and scenarios and empathise with the author when he and his colleagues are faced with moral and ethical dilemmas. It is definitely worth reading as a slice of real life told respectfully and tastefully. Highly recommended.
on 4 May 2014
I couldn't put this book down which surprised me as it is not my normal reading choice. I identified with the author and was keen to know what was happening to him and his friends. Events are well described with enough medical data to give understanding without confusion.
on 15 April 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this book it was an eye opener . I found myself wishing the story would never end. I also liked the fact that justice was served with reference to Franklin. Would definitely recommend this book and author to all readers.
on 4 February 2015
Medical book set in the US. It's was interesting especially comparing the system for training junior doctors in the US against that in the UK. It jumps around a bit but it does feel like an honestly written story that has passion behind it for the medical profession.
on 2 December 2014
I'm full of admiration for Dr Russell and his career in the American medical system. His stories of mishaps and successes with patients are gripping. He's an adrenaline junkie with courage and dedication. I'm only about halfway through his book but can thoroughly recommend it if you enjoy this genre.
on 10 February 2014
An unputdownable story of an a
A&E doctor's life, even though I can't quite believe it all. There's a twist at the end, which rounds the story off nicely. A thoroughly good read.
on 16 January 2014
I loved this book. Some very "enlightening" stories. I'll never look at ER doctors the same again. Amazing people! Brilliant Book.
on 8 April 2014
I laughed, I cried, it was a fabulous read! Hard to read in places due to the sadness of some of the stories but would recommend to anyone.
on 9 May 2014
This is an insight to the American way of our ED or A & E. Funny at times but also serious