5.0 out of 5 stars moving forward
As one of my favourite singer songwriters a new album from James Blunt was an exciting prospect , I was dubious that james could surpass the quality of his previous work but pleased to say moon landing exceeds my expectations , some cracking songs , ballads and some slightly more up tempo tracks , also more backing musically which gives the album an added listening...
Published 9 months ago by Mr. J. Fulton

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing
I loved Bonfire Heart so thought I would buy the album but was quite disappointed with the rest of the songs on the album.
Published 6 months ago by Sharon

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to his best, 26 Oct 2013
Skylord (Somerset, UK.) - See all my reviews
James Blunt is back on form. I haven't really been grabbed by his work since "Back to Bedlam" (perhaps because James locked himself away at Carrie Fisher's [Princess Leia] place for a year, as he did whilst composing "Back to Bedlam"). This is a soulful and moving album, Miss America is my favourite so far. Highly recommended for emotional people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Met him once., 27 April 2014
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
Went to see this chap in concert at the Wolverhampton Civic.

Got dragged there by the Mrs who is a fan, and ended up standing in the que with all the other Husbands and Boyfriends all looking sheepishly at each other screaming out of there eyes that they didn't want to be there either as they were not fans. From conversations I heard, a lot of them would rather have been anywhere than there that night, down the pub, in the club, at the dogs, mending the car, papering the front room, or even as one guy said to the chap next to him "Rather be at the Mother in-laws".

A truly desperate time for us dragged there chaps.

When the doors opened to let in the ravenously excited female hoards, the chaps were just pushed along by the tide of a mass of female fans who could almost SMELL their pop idol hero was in the building, nothing on Earth was going to stop them, not even a poor excuse for a chap who had procrastinated all the way there and even tried getting lost on the infamous ring road system in Wolverhampton,but fear not, the lady won the day and directed the poor soul to the doors.

Impatience built as the support band supported. The female mob went into near hysteria when the band came on...then hushed silence...James was not amongst them. The mass hysteria was poised to lash out in tantrums when James appeared from the entrance we had all came in by, ran thought the crowd and up onto the stage! Everybody gasped, some dribbled, some stood rooted to the spot, some even had to sit down as they felt faint.

Then what followed was very odd.

As the concert progressed, the hysteria seemed to become contagious to the male folk in the room. The started to look at the stage, they started to tap their long underused rhythm foot, move their hands in ways that did not involve the movements of pints of brown liquid, they held hands with their partners during "Your Beautiful".

In short, they all, including me, started to enjoy the concert.

Then James decided to come out into the croud. A brave move considering the female population of the crowd were, by now, completely lost in strange minor god worship that would probably have invented a new religion of the concert had been held in Texas. James ran about, care free, allowing us mortals to see him close up, shout to him and even, if we were VERY lucky, even touch his god like presence. I tried to resist it, really I did. The atmosphere of the event, as it did to all of us males present twisted our minds, we all were not ourselves that night. So as James came past, in front of the couple infront, I leaned forward between them, and grabbed his shoulder, he looked at me and smiled!

OH WOW!!!!

James Blunt smiled at me and my Mrs, I had touched the shoulder of a British pop god and lived to tell the tale because my Mrs has a shorter reach than me and missed him. But I touched him. ME. I was there, I did it. Anyway, as the concert ended, all were seen to walk from the Civic in a state of relaxed chilldness that come from having just spent the best two hours in the recent years to date. Even us male folk had smiles on our faces as we left.

With this freaky phenomena in mind I proceeded to buy James albums, and this last one is a cracker, loved by my Mrs who is his greatest fan, seconded by me of course. Loved it and recommend it to any James Blunt fans, either fully fledged Female fans or in the dark, secret Male fans who find time behind closed doors to bung one of his Mrs CD's on and relax to the ultimate sounds of James the king, the god, even the MASTER of middle of the road pop music.

Live long and prosper James.

4.0 out of 5 stars bought for two tracks but enjoy the rest,, 22 Mar 2014
I used to hate James Blunt's music...winey lovey dovey stuff but after seeing him perform Bonfire Heart and a stage dive I changed my mind and bought this...enjoy the whole album but tracks 3 and 4 are highlights.

4.0 out of 5 stars first timer, 9 Mar 2014
M. Rae (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
Never bought James Blunt album before but loved Bonfire Heart and took the plunge. Great album, will check out his previous ones now. Well worth buying!

3.0 out of 5 stars moon landing, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Moon Landing (MP3 Download)
ok album nice easy listening but doesn't really get me going too much but still worth a listen if you like James

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cd, 28 Feb 2014
Lynn Snee "LYNN" (LEICESTER ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Landing (MP3 Download)
James Blunt has done it again every song is fantastic love this album especially Bonfire Heart Postcards and Always hate me

5.0 out of 5 stars best album yet, 22 Feb 2014
if you thought all the other James blunt albums were good, wait till you hear this! its excellent and he has given a different spin on his style which is refreshing.
In my opinion Bonfire Heart is the weakest song on the album, so if you've only heard that song and love it, the rest of the album is much better and you're in for a treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
Love it more every time I listen to it. Haunting melodys with lyrics that touch your soul. Just gets better and better

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album - fantastic music, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Moon Landing (MP3 Download)
Excellent album with a good mix of music on it - enjoyable listening and good to sing along to too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
An easy listening cd. Very James Blunt with lyrics and tunes. his distinct voice is excellent. Brilliant listening for a long drive!

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

Moon Landing
Moon Landing by James Blunt (Audio CD - 2013)