5.0 out of 5 stars Met him once.
Went to see this chap in concert at the Wolverhampton Civic.

Got dragged there by the Mrs who is a fan, and ended up standing in the que with all the other Husbands and Boyfriends all looking sheepishly at each other screaming out of there eyes that they didn't want to be there either as they were not fans. From conversations I heard, a lot of them would rather...
Published 12 months ago by x wing flyboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing
I loved Bonfire Heart so thought I would buy the album but was quite disappointed with the rest of the songs on the album.
Published 16 months ago by Sharon

‹ Previous | 1 2 355 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Moon B-Landing, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
When James Blunt first came to public attention with the release of his debut album "Back to Bedlam", I was reasonably complimentary about him. This was, however, before his major hit "You're Beautiful" was spoiled by being horribly overplayed and his slightly reedy, slightly whiny voice became more of an annoyance than something slightly different from the norm. Although I didn't mind "1973", the first single from his second album, my interest in him had waned and I paid little attention to what he was doing until links to his new single and video "Bonfire Heart" started appearing in my Facebook feed and it turned out to be not as bad as my memory had made James Blunt out to be.

There is much more variation here than there was on the last James Blunt album I listened to properly and far more than I expected. I found myself rather enjoying a few of the tracks because of this, and possibly because my expectations weren't that high to start with. His vocal is still a little annoying, but many of the songs here bury it with enough musical backing that it doesn't stand out as much as it has done in the past and I do feel that's a good thing.

Ultimately, however, there isn't anything different or distinctive enough to make "Moon Landing" stand out in any major way. It may be largely inoffensive, but you can get that from most "X-Factor" winner's singles these days and in a pop world that contains someone like Bruno Mars, inoffensive radio-friendly bland pop isn't really enough, especially when the album is only 11 tracks and 40 minutes long. It's not a particularly bad album, but neither is it brilliant, it just is and that just isn't enough to appeal.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars He just keeps getting better!, 27 April 2014
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of James Blunt since his debut album 'Back to Bedlam', and at the time of writing it's hard to believe that ten years have passed since it's release.

'Moon Landing', only his fourth in a decade is another excellent album, he's certainly moving forward, and yet will not alienate his fan base with this new music. I have listened to it a lot lately, and I can definitely claim it to be my personal favourite.

His style is evolving, the songs are more varied now, and his songwriting is improving further, but his gentle and distinctive voice is put to good use with some trademark mellow ballads. I particularly enjoy tracks two and three: 'Satellites' and the radio friendly 'Bonfire Heart' (his biggest hit in years!), where once again he has written and performed easy listening tunes that you just can't get out of your head. The song 'Miss America' is not only one of his most beautiful yet, it is a fitting tribute to the late Whitney Houston, who passed away in 2012, and James subsequently wrote it for her.

The songs on 'Moon Landing' are generally more mature than those on his first (as excellent as they still are), and the album benefits from the inclusion of a few slightly more upbeat tracks as well. The result is a very refreshing listen, best played on repeat.

An excellent, feel good album, and just what we have long since come to expect from the talented James Blunt.

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Moon Landing (MP3 Download)
For those of you who are unsure of James Blunt try this one.
Definitely his best album yet.
Postcards is the track for me and should be his next single.
Try it out you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice return from Mr Blunt, 28 Oct. 2013
Nice Sound.
Love Bonfire Heart
Would recommend to anyone, this is a must buy.
James Blunt on top form again

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct. 2013
Mr. N. Evans (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
Always liked James Blunt and enjoyed watching him live a couple of times. But his last album before this one was not played often. Had this one 4 days and it is immense. Hugely talented guy. Especially like Hollywood but also Bonfire Heart, Satellites and pretty much everything else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good songwriting, 7 Oct. 2014
In My Honest Opinion (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
Bought this for my husband as he loved the Bonfire Heart single. I like music like this, very mellow and relaxing. James Blunt seems to get ridiculed quite a lot but he's an impressive song writer and I have read his tweets which are absolutely hilarious. He's great at answering the trolls and making them look stupid!

A lovely collection of songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars bought for two tracks but enjoy the rest,, 22 Mar. 2014
I used to hate James Blunt's music...winey lovey dovey stuff but after seeing him perform Bonfire Heart and a stage dive I changed my mind and bought this...enjoy the whole album but tracks 3 and 4 are highlights.

4.0 out of 5 stars first timer, 9 Mar. 2014
M. Rae (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
Never bought James Blunt album before but loved Bonfire Heart and took the plunge. Great album, will check out his previous ones now. Well worth buying!

3.0 out of 5 stars moon landing, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Moon Landing (MP3 Download)
ok album nice easy listening but doesn't really get me going too much but still worth a listen if you like James

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cd, 28 Feb. 2014
Lynn Snee "LYNN" (LEICESTER ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Landing (MP3 Download)
James Blunt has done it again every song is fantastic love this album especially Bonfire Heart Postcards and Always hate me

‹ Previous | 1 2 355 | Next ›

Moon Landing
Moon Landing by James Blunt (Audio CD - 2013)