1,193 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars quirky fun
Well what can I say about this book? It's fantastic I've never chuckled so much at a book in my life. It is definitely the typical goings on in a girl in her twenties life nowadays although I don't know anyone quite that clumsy. I couldn't stop reading it and in general don't read books I was gripped from the first page. Ten out of ten Laura Barnard!
Published 14 months ago by loopylou0156

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book
As readers have said there was blatant use of friends script. The life swap to pay off one characters debts was weak and didn't follow through. Far too many ridiculous things happened I could go on just glad I didn't pay for this book.
Published 10 months ago by y stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars quirky fun, 28 Sep 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book, 22 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable from beginning to end., 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
Is there really anyone as unlucky as Poppy Windsor. As the narrator of this book, she tells ber story in an honest way. Aware of her own foibles Poppy is a very likeable character, as is her best friend Jazz.

In an attempt to change their lives they swap them and so the drama begins. They get themselves into all kinds of scrapes that only makes them more endearing.

And of course, there is the gorgeous but moody Ryan. There's an arrogant hint of the Mr Darcy's about him. Can Poppy find her hidden Elizabeth Bennet and break down his walls? Read on and find out.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, there is more to it than your regular chick lit. Every chapter is packed full and leaves you wanting to keep going until you have finished or your kids come begging to fed ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars fun read, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
Good romp through the lives of Poppy et al. Having read some of the reviews from others about ripping off 'Friends' you would have to have been a serious fan of that show to remember those events, I used to love Friends but I didn't get the connection.
I really enjoyed it, having had a group of crazy girl friends in my single days I could relate to quite a few incidents and laughed at their antics.
Yes I would recommend it- it's good fun, give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!!!, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
This is a fantastic book that I found really hard to put down, and looked forward to being able to get back to it! It made me laugh out loud (on a public bus!!!) and even shed a tear or two (not on the bus!)......it really is a must read!
There are parts of the story that I think every women will be able to identify with and I suggest you get it, snuggle down with a beverage of choice (or make your other half get it) and enjoy.....you won't be disappointed!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written and blatant plagerism, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
Im sure im not the first to comment that this book is full of blatant rip off's from the Friends script, almost word for word very recognisable jokes from Friends have been shoved in and its very irritating to read. I got only 8% into the kindle version before that and the bad grammar annoyed me so much I had to stop. Surely such blatant plagerism isnt allowed?!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
Loved it and couldnt put it down, I related to the character to the point of sittin in Irish pubs as a child, drinking red lemonade and eating Tayto crisps and the mad thoughts that go on in the main characters head, Loved the story Loved the dialogue, In my mind I see this in a movie, being along the lines of Bridget Jones except for 20 somethings, hotter and far funnier.. please please make a sequel... and Im normally a Sci fi gal, throughly enjoyed it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
This book was so good. It's not very often I can't put a book down but I literally stayed awake until 4am because I couldn't put it down. It was one of the funniest books I've ever read and had me laughing out loud to the amusement of others. A brilliant debut from Laura Barnard. I can't wait for the next one. If you love a comical chick-lit, you really need to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
Very funny and an easy read. Well worth reading! It's sexy, amusing, everything you want in a book.
Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read would highly recommed, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Debt & the Doormat (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book it really had me laughing out loud .I am not bothered about other people saying it is a rip off from friends having never seen it. The main character has a life like a car crash and just cant seem to help her self putting her foot in it.It makes you cringe but it is really funny. I loved it

The Debt & the Doormat