on 24 September 2013
I have had this case now for three weeks and can safely say that this is an excellent case for the Nexus 7 (2013). It is slim and yet at the same time offers the Nexus protection for when you need to place it in a bag.

It is a snug fit and the standing angles offered by the stand are excellent. There is no possibility of the Nexus falling as there might be with the Ultra Slim version due to the fact that there are 'slots' for the Nexus to sit in.

However, the case is not perfect. Firstly, the hand strap, while a good idea is not executed properly. It is uncomfortable to hold it with the strap but you don't really need the strap anyway. Secondly, the black elastic can impede on the screen when in use. However, as with the strap you don't need to use it! I also snipped off the elastic for the stylus as it wasn't needed.

All in all, it is a very good case which offers the Nexus protection without impeding on the screen.
on 1 September 2013
I received the Moko Slim Multi-Angle, carbon fibre blue which is lovely.

Pro's:
* good protection
* lovely looking case
* hand strap for holding
* case doesn't cover the bezel
* a variety of viewing angles
* very sturdy when opened up to view on uneven surfaces

Con's:
* doubles the thickness of the Nexus
* speakers holes are half covered, as the design is a series of holes in the cover as opposed to a large cut-out, however when testing, no real difference was found in the audio, checking for muffled sound etc

Overall:
A lovely case, with more pro's than con's. Compared to the Poetic Slimline, we felt the extra padding would offer more protection on the Moko.
on 12 December 2013
Highly recommended. The case fits perfectly to my new Nexus 7. The tablet is well protected while none of the buttons or cameras are blocked. The leather-feel quality is excellent with well sewed stitches. The tablet can stand well in a landscape way. Not sure about the two inside pockets though. I don't see the need to attach my name card on it; and there is no point to have memory cards because Nexus 7 does not support any. A suggestion to the manufacturer to get rid of these two pockets to save labour and material costs.
on 26 October 2013
I chose this case because it works in the same way as as a superb case I'd previously purchased for a BlackBerry Playback tablet. As a protective case it offers very good bump, scratch and drop protection, it takes a different approach to providing a stand for the tablet than the majority of IPad cases and this is a good thing.
Once slid into the case you will immediately notice how securely held the Nexus 7 is by six small insubstantial looking clips, there is no chance that it will ever just fall out again. None. Closed up, the case is very stylish and does not add much to the physical size of the Nexus 7 so the device can still be carried around in large pockets and Small handbags with much improved protection.
From there the case can easily be opened (a clever clip keeps it closed till you decide otherwise) and the tablet can be easily displayed at three viewing angles. Just select the one that is most suitable and away you go. The screen cover can also be folded over against the back of the device to allow the Nexus 7 to be used with both hands, ideal for speedily thumb typing emails. For those who type using the slower but still classic one handed 'hunt and peck' method there's an elastic cord to stop the case from flapping open under the weight of the tablet and a nice hand grip to slide your hand into whilst you tap away with the other. However, depending on how you use it, the elastic cord blocks the status indicators and clock at the top of the screen in landscape mode or the physical buttons on the edge of the tablet and is a tad ugly. That said these are still both nicely thought out design touches and greatly add the the ease of use of what is for some a small and somewhat fiddly device. A puzzling attribute of this case is that the placement of one of its' clips can interfere with the insertion of headphone jacks, all but the smallest will need a good shove or failing that, replacement. There is no excuse for this glaring flaw in an otherwise beautifully executed design as it only takes a moment to check these things, so this along with the elasticated cord is why I have not awarded the 5th star. A final, easily overlooked feature of this case is that when you've finished with your tablet, closing the case will put your device to sleep for you.
If you need a case for your Nexus 7 this should be a strong contender for your hard earned pennies, it's not quite perfect but it is nonetheless elegant, tough and very clever.
on 22 October 2013
I bought this case after reading good reviews on this product. It arrived promptly, and in good condition. The case looks really lovely, and doesn't feel cheap. I love the elasticated band which makes it easier for me to hold my Nexus 7 as I have small hands. The leather feels really soft too. Only bad thing I can say about the case is that SOMETIMES my Nexus doesn't "wake up" after I open the case. I still have to press the power button. Otherwise, I'm very happy with my purchase.
on 22 November 2013
What a great product, looked and pondered over loads of different covers. plumped for this one and glad I did. it looks and feels quality. Has grey stitching which are a great contrast and looks great.
All the cut outs are in the right place. You can feel the on off button and volume down the side. The sleep function magnet works perfectly every time.
Its a great price as well. I was not disappointed and would buy this each time. Fits the Nexus 7 like a glove literally.
on 30 August 2013
This is my second different case for my Nexus 7 Gen 2, I've also reviewed my previous case if you are inclined to go and read it, so my experiences with this Moko case are in comparison with the ELTD case.

Price - costly (3 times previous case) but cost is reflected in the materials used, plastic style leather and brushed suede style interior to rest on the screen. Delivery to the UK was great as just took 3 days to arrive.
I first noticed that extra weight that the case added but meanwhile it didn't appear to add much thickness to the device.

The case provides a adequate protection - only having exposed areas for buttons, camera, speakers, headphones top area, and bottom charging area. The actual grip holder for the N7 within the case is very good - I don't get the feeling that'll fall out accidentally or that cover flap for the screen will open out on the fall down. There's a holder for a stubby pen stick if you require to use it.

The stand is great - It takes a few seconds to figure out that you have to pop the long left side of the N7 out of the holders as it will then form the base of the stand in the material covered notches, of which there are about three possible angles - all angles are sturdy enough for typing and pressing directly onto the screen. Viewing videos and listening to the sound again is perfect. Note As the stand only works in landscape mode the usb attachment will always be on the right-hand side of the N7, which might be an minor issue depending any personal cabling restrictions.

Other points to note are it comes with a handgrip on the interior - which I've found a little bit uncomfortable to use so far. The handgrip is also used in-conjunction with a restraining elastic ribbon which can double up as an additional protection to stop the cover from opening.

In summary a really nice case that provides the expected features, protection, screen lock etc and yet still being slim enough to take out and about. I think I'll end up using this case a lot more. I went for the Red case though the picture shows it lighter red than it turned out.
on 23 May 2014
I bought this for my 2nd Gen Nexus 7 after reading the reviews for many many different covers. I eventually chose this as it seemed to have the most positive reviews. I wanted to wait a few weeks before I reviewed this item just to see if it matched up to the description.
Having had this time I'm glad that I decided on this cover. It is well made, robust and provides excellent protection for the tablet. It has a nice snug fit so that there is no danger of the tablet falling out and the sleep mode works fine. It also matches the cut outs up with all of the ports and the camera perfectly.

In fact I only have two very minor criticisms (and this is being very picky). Firstly as previously mentioned the two holders on the inside of the cover are completely superfluous. You would never put anything in them as it could potentially scratch the screen so why have them. Secondly the clip on the rear that receives the front cover when you are using the stand is quite tight and it's a bit difficult to slot the cover in. I imagine that this will slacken off with use. As I say very picky.

Overall for the money I would recommend this item. It looks good and it does exactly what it's meant to.
on 14 January 2014
I originally bought a case when I bought my Nexus 7 (2013), however, it proved to be of poor quality and the screen cover part of the case moved around and caused erratic behaviour of the sleep function. I looked at various reviews on the internet. The MoKo case was well reviewed and seemed to fit the bill. When I ordered it on Amazon I was pleased to find it was also available in genuine leather rather than the PU plastic covered cases that everyone else sells.

I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the solid quality feel of the case, much more in keeping with a tablet that costs £240. The Nexus feels well protected and the sleep function works flawlessly. The corners of the unit are well padded and the power and volume controls are easily accessible unlike the original case. You really can sit the tablet at nice (stable) viewing angle to watch a video should you wish.

Not the cheapest case although the other finishes are obviously cheaper but it seems you get what you pay for. Google's own Nexus travel case is a cheap and nasty plastic thing (not even silicone), doesn't have a sleep function and costs £25 so by comparison this is a really well made bargain - Highly recommended!
on 19 October 2013
This case complements the quality of the Nexus 7 perfectly. Very pleased indeed. The leather is very nicely finished with stitching around the edges. The Nexus 7 fits perfectly within the case and is secure. The flip case doubles as a desk stand and also controls the power on/off when opening/closing the case. I would highly recommend as a top of range case at a reasonable price.