4.0 out of 5 stars Its OK
Published 18 months ago by F. Patel

The H1 Heart Rate Sensor I found to be functional and the battery life reasonable if the sensor is removed after each session - there is no on off broadcast button so it should be removed to save the battery...

Note on Polar HR watches:

Understandably Polar watches use polar encoded signals meaning that only polar transmitters can be used.
The...
Published 8 days ago by Robert Hinchley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 16 Jan 2013
F. Patel (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The gym I go to had a load of new equipment fitted over the festive period and while I was trying to loose that tractor tyre that somebody decided to dump around my midriff over said period, I noticed that the machines would accept a signal from a heart rate sensor. Well a quick search online revealed that Polar was the brand that worked with the equipment and so I ordered a new toy to play with.

Well it arrived on Monday and after spending around 10 minutes in getting to get the damn thing out of it package, I was left with 1 strap and 1 thingamajig which houses the actual sensor which affixes to the strap via the use of 2 press studs. I was a little unsure if the sensor was active, seen as most electrical gadgets arrive with a wee strip of plastic which prevents the battery from making contact with the anodes. In this case there was no wee plastic strip and presuming (wrongly) that the battery may have been inserted upside down. I opened the battery pack to see that actually it was inserted correctly. So actually the strap is ready to go out of the box. It would be nice for Polar to mention this in their burb. The strap is simple to adjust and the hook inserts into the wee loop at the end of the strap and then its 'Bobs your mother's brother'.

Its comfortable to wear and the instructions state that you should wet the inside of the strap before use. Well I did that and the first machine I used was the Cross trainer. Initially the telemetry to the machine was ok, but after a while, I started to lose the signal which resulted in false readings and in the end a total loss of feedback. I presumed (Incorrectly) that either the strap was a lemon, that I was wearing the strap incorrectly or that the battery had drained. As I don't own a Heart rate watch I couldn't tell and if it could have recorded my blood pressure I can assure you it would have gone off the scale.

Well my next machine was the Spin bike, which for the next 35 minutes reported my heart rate and allowed me to sweat a good one as I attempted to keep within the target it presented. Which told me, that actually the strap was good to go and that the intial problem lay with the machine and not the strap. Phew! relief.

Pro's
Comfortable to wear
Ability to change the battery
Allows me to up my game in the gym

Cons
Would have been nice if the battery was separated before use.
Inability to check if it is working correctly without a watch. (My own tightarse problem)
Would be nice if more information was given about exactly how and where to wear it.

All in all most impressed.I really do need to up my game and the HR sensor allows me to do just that. The only real issues I have experienced is with the one piece of equipment and really that isn't that big an issue. In order to get more benefit, I have ordered a Book which hopefully will allow me to use the sensor to the max.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar heart rate monitor, 27 Mar 2013
Purchased as a replacement for a T31 monitor, a much better design as the battery can be replaced at minimal cost. ( proberbly not quite as good for swimming, but for running and cycling far superior). Also the strap is superior to the T31. Would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars The transmitter itself is very small (about an inch and a bit long) and easily losable when detached from the strap (which it ha, 21 July 2014

Note on Polar HR watches:

The transmitter itself is very small (about an inch and a bit long) and easily losable when detached from the strap (which it has to be between sessions to save draining the battery).
As a result, if the small transmitter for your Polar HR watch is lost you have to pay almost as much as the watch originally cost (with transmitter) to regain its functionality, just for this tiny little sensor/transmitter. This leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth as the transmitter, by design, is very easily lost when detaching it in-between training to protect the battery....

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 16 Feb 2013
The best item you can get for the gym , motivational and inspiring
compatible with the FT40 COMFORTABLE TO WEAR

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to get working, 12 Jan 2013
Very useful . It was a replacement for a previous model. Plug and play. works well with my watch and no problems with it since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 18 Dec 2012
I use it almost every day. It is great and I had no issues. The battery needs to be replaced after 1 year, but I think that is because I use it 3 hours per day almost every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to link up, 12 July 2014
A replacement for my old strap and linked up straight away well impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Fantastic product

4.0 out of 5 stars Links well, 4 July 2014
works well and links both with my Polar watch and with the spin bike at my gym

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Polar watch monitor ever made, 23 May 2014
I have had a number of Polar watches and have never experienced anything like this. I have had 3 of these monitors now in the last 8 months as they jsut keep breaking down and you constantly receive a message on your watch saying..'check heart rate monitor'. I would not purchase another like this. Please note that this is not the sellers fault at all, its Polars fault!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›