on 14 September 2013
This is the final Stuff pack to be released from the Sims 3 franchise, to be followed by one last Expansion Pack (Into The Future - November `13) and then the hotly anticipated Sims 4 launch in 2014.

The pack is designed to help bring a touch of Hollywood magic to the Sims 3, with the arrival of new costumes, styles and décor to celebrate three classic movie genres: Horror, Superhero and Westerns.

So what do we get? The horror "stuff" follows in a similar vein to the Sims 3 Supernatural EP, and provides a few tatty looking garments with that familiar "shredded horror" look. If you already own the Supernatural EP, these items may provide additional benefit for your other-worldly Sims, aside from the direct movie connotations. The objects are basically an extension to the Supernatural EP, and follow in a very similar vein with creepy windows, spooky furniture etc. Useful if you want some new variety in your already-existing vampire dens and haunted houses.

The Superhero "stuff" easily has the most potential and appeal, particularly for themed / fancy dress nights. There's no familiar superhero logos (I presume, for copyright reasons), but you do get an assortment of "Kick-Ass" style one piece costumes and a few other bits. A lot of it is quite colourful and a bit over the top - so unless you like to have pretty "out there" Sims, you probably won't choose to send them to work in these outfits. The hairstyles are mostly made up of crazy headgear, masks and helmets. The objects are a bizarre mix of outrageous superhero stuff and the more tasteful Showtime EP style. Items like the crime map table, the Sim-Mobile (think Batmobile), and Vigilante Supercycle are definite highlights.

The Western "stuff" has a pleasant, but limited appeal in my opinion. It's cool for "dressing up" and is fun for themed parties and nights out - but I think there would have been far more potential if this Stuff Pack had been a full Movie themed Expansion pack, with the opportunity to build film sets, manage acting staff and direct your own movies. Unfortunately, the Film Career (featured in Sims 3 Late Night EP) is a bit of a "rabbit hole", where much of the acting and directing takes place behind the scenes. The clothing is pretty realistic to the theme (if you imagine your average cowboy saloon), but I probably won't use much of it in my every day designs. The objects are probably the most cohesive of this Stuff pack, with all the typical furnishings and décor you'd expect to create a Western-style Saloon.

Generally speaking, the lack of movie gameplay makes this stuff pack more of a "Fancy Dress pack" than anything else. As always, the designs will not be to everyone's tastes, and you may find yourself being pretty selective with what you use. There is a notable lack of kid's stuff included - just 2 Hairstyles, 2 Outfits and 1 Pair of Shoes, per gender. This seems a shame, as kids are probably the most likely to want to run around dressed up as superheroes and cowboys. The child outfits and headgear we do get are rather underwhelming in my opinion (and the boys' and girls' costumes are pretty much the same). Adults are better catered for, but most of this stuff will probably not easily integrate into the general, "every day" look. If you want stuff that's a bit different and unusual, then this will probably hold more appeal.

Overall then, not bad, but as always, I think EA have been a little stingy with the content of their Stuff packs compared to the price (the same could be said for all of the Sims 3 Stuff packs imo). It's good fun, but I wouldn't pay more than about £10 for it, personally.
on 16 October 2013
I have been a simmer since Sims 1, and have all the stuff and expansion packs. As a last stuff pack (I think) before Sims 4, this was very amusing, and has some fun items in it (superhero costumes etc) which can help make the game more amusing, however if you're a serious player who doesn't dress their sims up to look like idiots on occasion, you might find it a bit of a waste.
As I breed ugly sims, this is perfect for me! :)
on 16 March 2014
I love the Sims series and Sims 3 is definitely my favourite, this pack added so much to it and definitely enriched my gaming experience. Would recommend.
on 14 March 2014
Bought for my daughter who likes it very much. gives her hours of entertainment. well worth the money A +++
on 13 May 2015
As a completionist, just had to buy this as it was the only Sims 3 stuff pack we didn't have. I'll be honest: I knew this would disappoint in terms of content for the price, and the vast majority of items do not suit my playstyle. However, I still bought it because I wanted the high back chairs and the extra radio stations, and haven't been disappointed with them, but for many this stuff pack will be seen as poor value for money as the themes may not suit everyone.
on 7 June 2014
My daughter loves this extension pack she has plenty of stuff to do on it. Got it at a bargain price.
on 4 June 2016
Not as good as i was expecting but a lovely addition to my sims collection and great for making those little sim movies
on 28 June 2014
I can't comment myself as I've never used it, but my 12 year old daughter loves it! Another hit for Sims 3!
on 13 September 2014
love the movie pack shame it takes 2 much time 2 load up on the create a sim screen
on 1 September 2014
This expansion pack is a bit blah, but I wanted the set, so I bought it.

See one answered question