5.0 out of 5 stars Used for many years which says it all....highly recommended....
I have used anti virus software for many years. I used to use Norton but found it was very system heavy in resources and slowed down my PC (which in fairness might have been down to the PC!). Anyway I tried McAfee and have not looked back. it is easy to use. It updates regularly. It seems to have kept my computer and the 2 family laptops safe and secure for many years...
Published 13 months ago by Musicfan

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Windows 8.1 Installation
I recently purchased a new Laptop that came with One Months McAfee Internet Security free Trial pre-installed. and so on the basis of this decided to purchase a years subscription.
Having previously used several versions of Windows since Windows 98 ver. I thought this would be a simple installation from the Windows 8.1 Desktop Screen to perform and to enter the...
Published 8 months ago by SilverBack

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 22 Feb. 2014
Mr. George Johnson "Gj" (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: McAfee Internet Security  2014 (3 User, 1 Year) (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Always been impressed with McAfee's products. They install and are quiet in use, they only bug you when they really need to, ie for updates and genuine problems. Other AV packages I've used have been very vocal informing me of every move they make. I was extremely impressed with how quickly the software was up and running. The parental controls are excellent and allow you to quickly control who is and is not under control, which I find very useful having to share a machine with my 11 year old. The software not only keeps track of it's own updates but also hooks into Windows and ensures it keeps you up to date on the general stated of your Windows machine. Very impressed and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars No interference with computer speed etc, 19 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was easy to set up and is working seamlessly and un-noticeably on windows 7 on an HP laptop. The only slight downside, but not enough to drop a star, is the way it takes the disk but then downloads the whole thing from online which on my internet speed took forever. On the second installation I chose the option to load from the disk and to update later and with a visit to a friend with fast broadband was fine and just a few minutes.

Feel comfortable with this one having previously always used various guises of norton 360/internet security etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Unobtrusive and effective, 17 Feb. 2014
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have not previously been a fan of McAfee Anti-Virus products. In my view there software has been bloated and often caused my computers to slow to a crawl as the software sucked all the computers memory away. I am pleased to say however that this release - Internet Security 2014 has not had that effect on two of my Windows 8.1 computers (a tower and a laptop). Both of my computers have 8GB of ram and reasonable processors. Neither have struggled to run this software. It does not take long to install and runs quietly in the background. Anti-Virus scanning is not too labor intensive and appears to be effective. I like the fact that the software can be set to scan any removable media that is connected e.g memory sticks.The program installs a browser add on - Site Advisor.(IE and Chrome). I have had no issues with this browser add on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 14 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great McAfee product for internet security. Easy to use and install and does not slow my machine down at all when running updates and scans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 13 Feb. 2014
Mel - London - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
McAfee used to be my security software of choice, but that was a few years ago and other software providers have since taken the lead. I have no problems to report with installing the software, although I had a major task trying to remove all traces of my old security package. Once installed McAfee runs in the background most of the time, but scheduled system scans seem to take ages, and when working you do tend to get a lot of on screen messages reporting how it has blocked access to a particular site or webpage. This can be a good thing, but on occasions it just gets downright intrusive and annoying. Another downside is the regularity with which it checks for security updates, a process that seems to undermine the computer's processing speed and reduce routine operations to a snails pace. I also have a problem with this security suite's inability to detect and prevent annoying popups. I de-installed a perfectly good Norton product to test McAfee, and since then I have adverts and pop up boxes everywhere. In conclusion, I am rather disappointed with this as a total security solution, feeling that it is lacking in several important areas. I had hoped for much better, and at the price being asked, coupled with the McAfee name that is not an unreasonable expectation. Incidentally, the equally disappointing "One user / One Year" subscription is only marginally less expensive than this Three User package, so if you feel inclined to buy a McAfee security package, this one represents better value for money. Basically it's the same software in a different box and with different user parameters, so I suppose equal disappointment was only to be expected.

3.0 out of 5 stars puzzling installation and more frequent pop up messages, 10 Feb. 2014
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I sometimes wonder why companies give you a disc in the first place as more often than not they encourage you to download the most up-to-date version of the software from their website to install. Save packaging and just send a link.
Otherwise I found installation reasonably straight forward from the disc itself although McAfee heavily encourage you to create an account with them which I didn't want to do (I like to keep my options open). The software slowed my PC down a reasonable amount compared to my old Kaspersky software although it is 3-4 years old now however which might be part of the issue. Pop up messages seem to be more frequent than previous versions of McAfee that I can remember which is annoying - personally I just want it to run in the background without using too many resources or giving unnecessary notices. Overall a little disappointed with McAfee as they are normally up to par but no so on this version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems Ok, 6 Feb. 2014
Tony S "judeandtony" (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This took a long time to load up, but hopefully will protect two computers. Hard to review, but no problems have arisen.

5.0 out of 5 stars better thane ever, 28 Jan. 2014
Gordon D. Wotherspoon (ayrshire, scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having used MacAfee many years before I was skeptical about using it again as in years gone past it was slow and not very user friendly, but after using other internet security software I decided to try the new generation of MacAfee, as soon as I had installed the software which was as easy as inserting the disk and running exec I was astonished that it detected internet connection and offer option to download most up to date version and after about 15 to 20 minutes and entering the product code it was ready for a restart and it was then up and running it now works on its own but the user can go on and set preferences if they so wish I have stuck with the presets which run just fine in the background and show no signs of slowing my system or programs in sort of way,the 3 system option has allowed me to protect kids laptops as well as my PC.so far so good,no problems recommending MacAfee to any user which is the opposite of my opinions from about a dozen or so years ago

4.0 out of 5 stars More accounts to manage, 25 Jan. 2014
The Evil Doctor (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I decided to try this as an alternative to Trend Micro.
Installation was painless, and the software checked for viruses and updates before installation started, which was encouraging. Registration of the serial code was also easy, and once registered, the software did a further update. None of this required a computer reboot, which was good.
Unfortunately as part of registration, you HAVE to create an account with McAfee. The software states that this is to keep you updated with news and information, but given the three unsubscribe checkboxes that sat with this form, it felt much more like a marketing ploy. In fact, there is no reason the software couldn't provide news and updates within its own interface, but nope; another password to remember.
In terms of performance, I haven't really noticed any slowdown with the machine, so assume the software is pretty efficient.
Only time will tell how safe it keeps my PC, but overall this isn't a bad buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
good

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

McAfee Internet Security  2014 (3 User, 1 Year) (PC)
McAfee Internet Security  2014 (3 User, 1 Year) (PC) by McAfee (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / Vista Home Basic / XP)
Out of stock