5.0 out of 5 stars Great grip, sturdy, thin and beautiful
First of all: TAKE THE PROTECTIVE COVER OFF, PEOPLE. The clear back looks scratched and dinged when it arrives, and some reviewers were confused by this. But just peel off the protective cover on the inside and outside. It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, you have a beautiful clear plastic back.

As far as I can tell, this appears to be the best price out...
Published 19 months ago by B. W. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Initially good but tricky to keep looking keen and materials of a 'so-so' quality
Initially well fitting and looks reasonably good but the clear back marks easily, looks awful when dusty (that it seems to attract) and the case started feeling loose quite soon after purchase. The rubberised outer of the case started to feel tacky and dirty also.
Published 9 months ago by Alex Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Aug. 2014
My wife loves her new iPhone case.
Well made, fits perfectly, looks good and comes with a scene protector.
The screen protector is also very good and certainly as good as any others I have had in the past.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible case! Within 2 days the back plastic of ..., 13 Aug. 2014
S. Marks "Fifi" (UK) - See all my reviews
Terrible case! Within 2 days the back plastic of the case had 'bobbled' and looks awful! Waste of money, wish I'd listened to the other bad reviews and avoided...

4.0 out of 5 stars ONE VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER!! :), 25 Jan. 2014
I won't be going overboard with the comments... But this is a truly amazing product. Very away to fit...has a very nice feel to and doesn't make it at all feel big. Also with the see through one you can still see the lovely apple design. Have received many compliments about the phone and the actual case! I have seen a lot of reviews about the delivery or personal experience of how long it took to arrive.. That's not a good indication of what the item is like so poor reviewing there people. Any way I have given it four star as I have only had it a week and not sure about the durability. I will post back in a month or two and revisit the scoring I have given it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case - Shame about the screen protector, 25 Jan. 2014
No issues whatsoever with the case - it's easy to fit and protects the phone sufficiently without being too bulky.

As for the screen protector - no cloth to clean the screen before applying and no device to smooth the protector over the screen meant that mine was covered in bubbles & dust (although the screen appeared to be clean when looked at!) - I ended up removing the protector straight away and buying some others (which came with a cleaning cloth and were easy to fit).

I think the price paid for the case was good even if the screen protector had to be thrown away. If the screen protector had been OK I would have given this 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the price, better than previous Spigen cases., 4 Aug. 2014
I avoided Spigen products for a while as I wasn't impressed with the last Glas-T screen protector, and the last Spigen case I bought wasn't worth the £25 I spent (didn't last 3 months) but this case changed my mind.

Fits the 5S perfectly, gives adequate protection and doesn't make the handset too bulky.

I like the clear rear panel and comes with a free (good quality) screen protector.

So for £7.99 I'd say this is probably the best iPhone 5 / 5S case for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches your phone, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Spigen Ultra Hybrid Bumper Case for iPhone 5/5S - Black (Accessory)
Good case, looks nice but after using it for about 3-4 months I noticed it had caused to back of my phone to scuff and now It has little scuffs on it, really annoyed

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case - may not be compatible with your charging dock, 9 Jan. 2014
My iPhone 5 is always in a case. From new it lived in a new case with side bumpers. After one year the glue failed and the side bumpers fell off. Attempts to glue them back on failed so I looked at transparent cases from Spigen, Terrapin and Case Buddy. The Spigen case is well made, protrudes enough to protect the phone when face down and is crystal clear once you remove the two sheets of protective film. I didn't apply the screen protector film as I really don't like these.

Everything was going well, and i was feeling pleased until I placed the phone in my Belkin dock. I realise that my broken bumper case was totally open at top and bottom and fitted my dock. In the new Spigen case, my phone does not charge as it is held too high off the lightning connector. As it happens I have another dock from Belkin, with a wheel to raise and lower the lightning connector. It does not connect in their either as the hole for the lightning connector is much narrower than the shoulder the connector sits on. The other two cases I mentioned will have the same problem.

In summary a great case but you many not be able to charge your phone on a dock.

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 23 April 2014
getting loose after 2 days, not good quality build up , i have uploaded picture and you can there is extra bit on silicon on the bumper and colour does not match pictures. but better then Rearth

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, 13 Jun. 2015
I've been using this since end of September 2014/early October and I can't fault it. Obviously having the bumper around the side adds a certain amount of bulk to your phone, and the bumper stains easily (which is to be expected given the rubbery texture) however the protection this gives to my phone has been unparalleled.

I can drop this on the floor, and the shock is absorbed by the bumpers, I've dropped my phone from various heights, (I'm extremely clumsy) and with precious cases, either the case has chipped or my phone has been scratched - with this? Nothing. Like nothing has happened to it.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, doesn't hide my lovely gold iphone 5S, 13 Dec. 2013
I was searching for a decent bumper to protect my new gold iphone 5S without compromising on looks and this is ideal. I haven't dropped the phone yet (hope that won't happen!) but with this bumper and the protective screen cover that comes with it, I now feel a lot more confident handling my phone. It isn't too bulky and you can still see the lovely gold colour through the clear plastic. It doesn't look cheap at all. I think perhaps other reviewers didn't remove the protective plastic sheets from both sides. They are hard to find, but peel off easily one you've scratched a corner bit off. I'd definitely recommend this product.