5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful 'fingerless' gloves!
These are wonderful, fluffy-lined, cosy, gorgeous, warm, beautiful, comfortable, ... fingerless gloves!

Published 11 months ago by englishheather

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fine weave
Really like these. These have a nice fine weave and are a good snug fit. Can only give four stars as the advertising is quite gender biased they are advertised as 'Ladies/Womens' gloves. Surely gloves are for anyone?
Published 4 months ago by 7rainbow777

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful 'fingerless' gloves!, 26 Sep 2013
englishheather (Stevenage, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I depend on fingerless gloves for a large part of the year (mostly indoors and when working) and of course particularly in the winter. Just the slightest chill touching my hands leads to pain. From this you'll appreciate that I need lots of them. I bought three pairs of these - one of each colour and they are the best fingerless gloves I have ever bought. (Note 'bought' - they can't ever compete with the ones my Mum made for me but then nothing could.) The insides have been brushed to give a soft, fluffy, cosy, gentle, warm feel. They look fantastic on. I love love love them. Oh dear, I try not to do 'love' reviews but I can't help it when I am so very very very pleased.

If I can come back down to earth for a moment. They look very neat and the finger ends have been finished off properly. They do need a little bit of 'tidying up' inside - stray ends and so on - but I mean for the current low price*** who could complain. I can confirm from the label inside that they are 95% Acrylic, 5% Spandex and are washable at 40 degrees. The label also says 'One Size' - they fit my medium-sized (long) hands perfectly. For a firm hold around the wrists they are elasticated - the pressure is spread evenly across two inches - though not too tight on my skinny but sensitive wrists.

By the way, I think it's important to tell you here (it will get 'lost' in seller feedback) that my seller (Universal Textiles UK Ltd) charges for delivery per shipment for this kind of item (I collected them in my basket) so does not overcharge for this. This meant for three pairs bought together I paid, at current prices, just over seven pounds***. Amazing. And, they arrived within days of ordering them. I've been waiting nearly a month for another pair from a Hong Kong seller.

I've bought from Universal Textiles before - see these (also wonderful) towels - and I will again. Right now. Because I'm going to order more of these wonderful, fluffy-lined, cosy, gorgeous, warm, beautiful, comfortable, ... fingerless gloves!

UPDATE 30 NOV 2013

I've been wearing two pairs of these alternately for more than two months now. I'm still very happy with them comfort-wise but they have somewhat lost their looks sooner than I expected. They've shown a tendency to bobble and are looking a bit shaggy. To put this in context, I wear them most of the time and they are almost a part of me. I have worked them hard and they cost so little that I have no complaints but I just thought I should let you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gloves, 13 May 2014
I found these gloves both warm and comfortable. Pefect for keyboard use in early winter before succumbing to the lure of extra heating. The finish is quite good and the size would fit most women - or men with small hands. Very pleased with my purchase and when they wear out I'll buy another pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fine weave, 27 April 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Very big!, 10 April 2014
I have kept them as I really needed gloves to keep my hands warm while driving but they are much bigger than I wanted. I usually buy medium. They are very soft inside and well made, hence I kept them but I would have liked them to be smaller

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 1 April 2014
Cheap and cheerful. Might not last very long but good at the price. Saw an elderly relative through the winter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Feb 2014
These gloves are perfect for our weather. They were bought for my mother as a present and she loves them

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 17 Feb 2014
these were just what I was looking for, I need the fingerless gloves for walking my dog, so I don't have to take of gloves to pick up her poo.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and not cheerful!, 23 Jan 2014
They look lovely and they felt lovely. However the quality was appalling. At the price I did not expect luxury but I did expect to be able to wear them. This was not the case. One had a big hole and both had fingers sown together. They were badly finished with loose bits of wool left ready to catch in the fingers with use and unravel the gloves. In summary they were not fit for purpose. I was so disgusted I threw them away as I couldn't be bothered to spend time and money sending them back. You need to be weary of this company and not use them and Amazon need to be aware of sellers like this who bring the company into disrepute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality vs cost?, 27 Dec 2013
As the recipient is a 'knitter' I was hoping these would pass muster. They did. Quite nicely made and at a very good price. Out of interest I tried them on and they fiited me too (man's hand) so they really are 'one size fits all'. They also felt warmer than my old fingerless gloves so what else can one say except a pair of gloves for the same price as a cup of Latte seems excellent value for money and they will keep your hands warm for much longer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Dec 2013
Lovely and warm, soft to touch and ideal for my use. I have bought several pairs and given as presents.

Ladies/Womens Striped Winter Fingerless Gloves