Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 August 2007
The 1-star rating is for the packaging,not for the content.I mean,both albums are 5-star musically (I don't know which of the two is the best,Alice is in top form in the 90-00's) but the cd itself is poor.

There are no lyrics,no album covers, ANYTHING AT ALL!!!Just a lame description of the albums.

You have to have the sight of an eagle to decipher the writing credits in the album (they are buried in a sea of dark blue ink!)

A disaster.And it's a pity because it's cool to have both albums in one package,but not this way. Remember that this is a part of the infamous 2cd RECALL series.Enough said.

DRAGONTOWN: 5 STARS
BRUTAL PLANET: 5 STARS
THIS ITEM: 1 STAR.
on 11 June 2011
Oddly, I hadn't heard any tracks off of these 2 albums until I heard the track "Brutal Planet" on Planet Rock radio a couple of weeks back. It just blew me away. Thought it was Metallica at first until Alice started to sing. Buying the 2 albums as a "double" was a good deal at only £6.99. Both albums are similar in content even though they were released a year apart. They are VERY heavy and really grow on you. As always with Alice,the lyrics are very clever, even if the subject matter is a bit questionable at times - but, hey, that's why we love Alice!
If you like Metallica, Megadeth and heavy music in general, you will love these!
There are also many similarities to Marilyn Manson, who seems to have copied Alice's act for his entire career!
All in all, a very worthy addition to my music collection.
I think reports I have seen in other reviews of ropey packaging may be a bit overstated. The packaging on mine was exactly as I would expect on any CD. Maybe some sellers are doing it on the cheap.
on 19 June 2008
I totally agree but the only reason I'm giving it 5 stars is for both albums I'm not really bothered about the packaging I mean it would have been nice to see some pictures, lyrics or even a book to it but I'm more for about the cd's themself and they are both so amazing...Cooper gone heavy and its totally fantastic to listern to.
on 8 July 2013
What's there not to like two great albums at a great price. Alice Cooper Band doing what they do best... Rock!
on 17 February 2014
Big Alice Cooper fan from the start, have all albums up to Goes to Hell, this is ok but inferior
on 15 June 2010
I recommend this album,brutal planet along with dragontown is is a good set to buy.
on 13 July 2014
Dont know were ive been for 5 years not too get BRILL...