Usually with sampler albums like this you come across some great tracks, with some less so, however with this album I love all the tracks. Produced by Navigator Records, a British indie label for Roots and Folk music this collection of nine tracks has some great lyrics and music. From the opening track and throughout this we have some slow tracks with more upbeat pieces. This is also good for introducing you to new acts as well. Whilst this is on promo this is well worth getting, and is sure to appeal to a wide range of different people.
on 4 December 2013
... for Paper Aeroplanes alone I decided to download this sampler.
As with many of these sorts of things, you may know 1 or 2 songs, have heard of another couple and the rest will be unknown to you. It opened my eyes to some lovely songs by artists I have not heard of or even thought were "not my cup of tea".
I will always download these samplers, because trying new things is what life is all about.
on 4 September 2013
Didn't know what to expect, but all songs featured are gentle, folkie and melodic. The sampler ticks my boxes and leads me to want to investigate further. A great buy, especially for free.
on 17 September 2013
A great collection of songs well up to the standards of previous Navigator records samplers. I shall be playing this a lot in the comming months - and looking up many of the artists on it to hear more of their songs.
on 15 September 2013
Different styles and sounds ,all folky and well worth a listen.Download and give it a try.Its free so the price is right.
on 30 September 2013
This was offered as a free download but I would have been more than happy to pay for this album. The tracks are a good selection and all enjoyable (some more than others but good all round). If you like traditional style folk music then this is recommended. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The track credited to David Rotheray puzzled me a bit as the vocalist is definitely female, I assume it is Bella Hardy working with David. Good stuff!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2013
There are a couple of tracks that really stand out and give you the feeling that you should not mess women around as they seem as they are heartfelt songs with true life behind the words. The folk music scene is great when real life inspires the lyrics and so all i can say is LISTEN AND ENJOY- I DID!
on 14 September 2013
This 9 track album mix is top notch music Just listen to Red Rover by Paper Aeroplanes and Seagiver by Lisa Knapp, It's Irish sound is Good, Dam Good, My Fav is The last track "Things Behind the Sun by LuIuc" Get it cause it's Not main stream. Graham
on 25 September 2013
This is an amazing fun folky but down right fab album, never thought I was into this kind of music, now im hooked. I will buying this album (no dount ) for my rellies and that time in December :)
on 28 September 2013
folk.....hmmmm...like most but some's just a bit too folderol for me...happily none of these tracks drop into that bear trap....where's me cattle smock and puttees,i'm off for a gambol...jinx