5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than a B
My wife prefers the results from an Epliator but has had some painful experiences with other makes of Epilators.

Published 10 months ago by Nick Flynn

3.0 out of 5 stars For price a good buy
I have a previous version to this which I use regularly. It has a light on it and a smaller epilator head width wise and I absolutely love it. It was a much higher price point so I was most impressed when this did a fine job and I suffer very little discomfort except in sensitive places and the discomfort was minimal.

This epilator left my skin quiet angry and...
Published 10 months ago by foxcylady

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than a B, 8 Nov 2013
Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips SatinSoft HP6527 Wet and Dry Epilator with Shaving Attachment (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This Philips Satin Soft seems to cover all the bases tho, and has the added advantage of being supplied with a shaving heads, as well as a variety of attachments to smooth the way ... from massage heads, to a small attachment to reduce the width of the cutting head for bikini areas etc.

The great advantage of this Satin Soft unit is that it can be used wet or dry, and as it is rechargeable, can be used with or without the cord.

It has two speeds, and out of preference, my wife said that she would typically use the higher speed setting as that seemed to be less painful ... either that, or it got the job done more quickly.

All of the attachments and leads can be stored in the supplied travel pouch, so that is great for longer holidays.

All in all, a very good epilator, great price, and very flexible. As it is a wet and dry unit, it is very easy to rinse out and there is a small brush supplied to help the cleaning process.

3.0 out of 5 stars For price a good buy, 14 Nov 2013
foxcylady - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This epilator left my skin quiet angry and red where my other does not. Like my old version when in use it's extremely noisy but having said that I have yet to find one that is as quiet as a church mouse lol.

Like the higher price point models this comes with all the different heads and best of all the trim/shave head which to be honest I really like.

So why only three stars well that's easy to answer I bad missed my light, I was surprised by quiet how much I missed it but never the less the inclusion of this would have made massive difference. I also dropped an extra star for the red skin I was sport when I had finished maybe this was due to the wider head or that it works closer to skin but being frank it was not the best look I have ever sported I think you could see my red bits from space lol.

All that said there are lots of these to be had on the market but this is worth a try as philips are excellent build quality,they look nice and are by far in my humble opinion better that many others out there sporting a similar price tag. I should imagine with Christmas around the corner this wouLd make a very much appreciated purchase for the daughter, girlfriend or wife I know I would be over the moon with one under the tree.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a newbie and I'm impressed, 5 Dec 2013
Ms. Danielle K. Smith - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a lot of reviews on here from newbies, but I thought it would be beneficial to note that I'm not a newbie. I have tried different epliators over the last few years.

Pros: This epliator is comfortable to hold. The two different speeds are useful, depending on how much hair you have to remove and how long it is. The massage attachment does help distract from the task at hand, I wouldn't say it was pleasurable like the product description above claims. Wet and dry - so you can use it in the shower. This model is easier to clean than others as you can wash it under a tap. What I have found with this model is that it is really good at getting the hair out from the root. My previous one seemed to leave bits and the regrowth was really quick.

Cons: plan ahead before you use it for the first time as it does need to be charged. It needs to be said that if you want to avoid in-grown hair, it's advised you moisturise and ex-foliate. It is quite noisy still, you wouldn't want to use it in the mornings if your kids are in bed next door. It's not as quick as waxing, it took me about 20-25mins to get both legs done. But you save time in driving to the salon and can do it in your own time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever!, 27 Dec 2013
Mrs. D. Carr (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to say I have put off buying one of these simply because I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to being plucked. I had a leg wax once and nearly slapped the beautician. Once was enough.
Having got this through the Amazon vine voice, I left it in my bathroom for a while until I summoned up the courage to try it out.

Firstly, I won't lie and say its pain free because it's definitely not, but it is bearable. The results where great though, this encouraged me to try it again and it definitely didn't hurt as much. After using it a few times I've got to say its one of my favourite gadgets. I used to shave every 3 days as I can't bare the stubbly feeling on my legs but this lasts for about 10-14 days and the hairs seem to grow back a little softer.

It does seem to be less uncomfortable when used wet, this might be down to the hair follicles being softer when warm. I've used this on my face too, even though it's not recommend, but it's great, I used plenty of moisturiser afterwards.
It comes with a handy bag to keep it all together and is rechargeable so great for use in the shower.
You can use this as a normal shaver too.

I'm really pleased that I tried one of these I just wished I'd tried it sooner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 5 Dec 2013
Tan y ddraig (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It was over to my wife to review this product as I like the downy insulation on my pins and am too chicken to try it out on myself...

I have a Babyliss epilator that is knocking on for 20 years in age and is still going strong. The main difference really is the size and portability of the item as opposed to being a bulky, cumbersome wired device. The unit is lightweight and comes in a functional fabric carry bag that importantly has ample room for all the bits n bobs that come with it. Battery charge lasts a good length of time and the epilator guard is a definite advance and stops those awful skin pinches in delicate areas. Overall it takes about 20mins to do my legs and the results last longer than shaving.

Lets face it the whole experience of plucking the hairs out of the skin is still as horrible as it always was, but the epilator technology is never going to change that! The shaver attachment is a definite bonus and means I don't have to borrow the hubbys which keeps him happy at least.

Overall results are good and I'd recommend the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - Worth sticking with, 28 Jan 2014
I'd never used an epilator before getting this one - I was quite nervous the first time I used it on my legs & wow - it hurt. I thought about giving up, but gave myself a good talking to in the shower - along the lines of "women give birth every day and that must hurt at least twice as much as this...." Anyway, I stuck with it and am very glad I did. The hairs on my legs grew back much finer (you could hardly see them), and the next time I used the epilator, I hardly felt a thing. I've used it 4 times now - legs, under arms & bikini line & am very pleased with it. I've found it works better going over a small area with short up & down movements as it's easy to miss bits otherwise. It's noisier than I thought it would be - & if you're preparing for a night out, use it in the morning as my legs looked blotchy for a while afterwards - although less so after the second time. My razor doesn't get a look in now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really neat and effective, shame about the on/off button, 13 Nov 2013
S. Duncan "SED" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first wet/dry epilator I have used and I have not been disappointed (but see final paragraph). It is well packaged including a pouch for the accessories: additional heads and a brush. If you've used something similar before, this won't be rocket science to work out and you won't need the pictogram instructions. Not only is this a wet/dry version, it is also an epilator/shaver and seems to do both very effectively. This ability to be both is particularly useful for the shaver tidy up after epilation.

It is easy to use with a minimum of fuss and includes several heads for different tasks/areas and these are easy to change. It even has a massage head which has to be good for improving blood supply to the surface, renewing the skin more efficiently and also should help to reduce 'rashes' caused by shaving or epilation. I would recommend that whatever mode you use, wet/dry/epilator/shaver, you should rinse and moisturise your skin after using it. This should help to reduce any spotting after epilation too.

It is very fast to charge, probably about an hour and the charge seems to keep for quite a while although I don't know yet what charge is lost in 'trickle' charge loss when not in use.

I have one serious criticism which has made me add this to my original review. The on/off switch is very flakey and difficult to use. I must have been lucky the first time I used it although I do remember turning it off took a few tries. Now I find that it requires several attempts to turn on or off every time. There doesn't seem to be a working technique and in my opinion there should need to be a technique. The design of this button is very poor while the system is otherwise exceptionally good. What a shame. The button really needs rethinking and I am surprised that it has been released with such a flaw. I have now read other reviews and see that I am not the only one with this concern.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 12 Feb 2014
I 'm impressed and it's much better then expected. First time I have used an epilator but I must say I didn't find it painful at all; waxing is much more painful and also anti-hygienic ( considering the same wax is actually applied on different people, doesn't matter what they say, but I am not keen on salon waxing, so yes, I am pleased to have finally a valid hygienic alternative., and so much cheaper vs. salon waxing) Overall discomfort is minimal; a bit of pain on the bikini line, which I have been shaving, so it's rather normal.
For £ 50 ,price was good; I am not impressed instead by the switch on/ button ; it's not very stable; also the battery didn't last very long .
They should definitely include more instructions; still, rather confuse on how to clean it.
Overall I am pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Dec 2013
Thirlwell (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a gift for my daughter and she absolutely loves it. The big advantage this one has over most it the skin guard which stops the skin being nipped when epilating.....something she found that did happen when she used mine which is a different brand. I looked at lots of different models in all price ranges but found this ticked all the boxes...what more could you want...it epilates, had a shaving attachment and can be used wet and dry

5.0 out of 5 stars and hate shaving my legs in the shower, 18 July 2014
Nicola (Peterborough, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this to try as I hadn't had an epilator for years, and hate shaving my legs in the shower. I tried it out the first time and it was a little painful, but after that was much better. More painful on the underarm, and it is important to exfoliate regularly as it seems to promote ingrowing hairs, but overall an excellent product for the price and I would recommend it highly.