5.0 out of 5 stars Expanded Edition
Renegade is one of those albums which is often overlooked (and underrated) but it contains some absolutely classic Lizzy. Although Snowy White was often criticised for his laid-back stage persona, lacking Robbo's aggression or Gary Moore's energy, such criticism is irrelevant on record, where his ability is beyond doubt (if the best of this album and Chinatown had been...
Published 9 months ago by Derek Clacton

3.0 out of 5 stars GRAMDAV
Not bad-maybe not vintage thin lizzy-but certainly worth a listen. If you prefer the raw rock music of lizzy then this album is probably not for you-but you pays your money and takes your choice.
Published 18 months ago by GRAHAM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pressure Will Blow..or may be not, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
Being a big Thin Lizzy fan I was eagerly awaiting the last few deluxe edition releases for the Lizzy back catalogue. I was disappointed to find that this was just a single disc and the extra tracks were alright but more demo versions would have been welcome on a second disc. Yes the sound is better and we should be grateful that Lizzy material is being re-released but come on Scott lets have some more live Cds and DVDs this is where Thin Lizzy excelled. However for the price I suppose we shouldn't complain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe edition?, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
Although I read a lot about the fading creativity of the band in the early 80s, I think this is a good record, featuring some really great songs. My personal favourite is "No One Told Him" - nice tune, indeed!
One thing I'd like to know is if this new edition is part of the "Deluxe Editions" series, or if the "Deluxe"-double-CD-version of the album is yet to come. All the other parts of this series are double-CDs, so I wonder why this time they released only a single CD. The same with "Bad Reputation" - does anybody know if this classic album will be released as a Deluxe double CD? Or is the single CD "Expanded Edition" the last word?
And whal about the "Life" double album from 1983 - will there be a Deluxe version? Maybe there are some Lizzy-freaks out there who know more about this. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin Lizzy CD, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
I bought this item for myself. I had it on tape when I was younger and always said I would replace it. It was in excellent condition and sounded just as I remember. Took me back to my teenage years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin Lizzy - Renegade 1993 Metal Blade Remaster, March 3, 2011, 24 Mar 2011
Mr. A. Lawley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
Firstly I'm a big Thin Lizzy/Phil Lynott fan. I have, at some point, owned all the releases, on Vinyl and have, over a number of years been replacing them with CD issues.

I bought the original CD re-issue's and then the 1996 remastered versions of the 1974-1980 releases (Nightlife - Chinatown). I was reasonably happy with those remasters but thought they could've been done a bit better, I found them quite bass heavy.

I've only just become aware of the 1993 Metal Blade remasters of Black Rose, Chinatown, Renegade, Thunder & Lightning & Life "Live". The only available remasters of Renegade, Thunder & Lightning & Life "Live" as far as I know are the 1993 Metal Blade issues, which I have recently purchased.

So for Thin Lizzy fans the Metal Blade reissues sounds fantastic compared to the original CD reissue and the 1996 remasters, Phil's voice has been brought to the fore and there is a good seperation and clarity of all the instruments, the bass is improved but not to the point where it takes over.

Now to the songs,the 1st 3 are classic hard rocking Thin Lizzy songs, full of emotion, the 4th song Leave This Town is good but not as good as the previous 3. Track 5 Hollywood picks it up again and is one of my all time favourite songs. Track 6, No One Told Him is a nod to the more commercial helpings from Black Rose. Then there's a change of style for the last 3 songs, Fats and could be taken from the Johnny The Fox era, Mexican Blood is a hybrid of Thin Lizzy and the sound of Phil Lynott's two solo albums and the last track heads towards Thin Lizzy style, but the keyboards soften it up maybe a bit too much in my opinion.

All in all an excellent Thin Lizzy CD, with a slightly flawed style consistency.

If you like Thin Lizzy & Phil Lynott's solo albums, you'll like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars An experimental album for Thin Lizzy, but one of the best., 5 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
Thin Lizzy were taking a more experimental approach with this album, but none the less, it contained some of the best written songs I think I've heard from any band. Nearly every song has hit single written all over it, which seems ironic it only produced one minor hit with a song called Hollywood, which personally I think is one of the weakest songs on the album, shame the record company didn't release No'One told him, or Mexican Blood, Mexican Blood sounds very much like the band Toto. To me this is one of Thin Lizzy's finest albums and deserved to be far more successful at the time than it was.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfairly slated, 27 Jan 2006
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
Slated (unfairly) as the lowest point of the twin guitar era of Thin Lizzy, this album contains some pretty good moments. Songs like The Pressure will Blow and Hollywood still showcase Thin Lizzy's ability to rock while the melancholic title track tugs some heart strings. Admittedly the production is a little stale (damned 80's production) and while this album doesn't have a stand out track like Chinatown (one of few decent tracks off that, my least favourite twin guitar Lizzy album), in my opinion the standard of the album as a whole is far more consistent. Unfortunately however, any hope of capitalising on the success of Black Rose had well and truly gone by this point. Not a classic but OK. The same can't be said for the tours with Snowy White!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lizzy dabble in Rock Blues and Jazz and pull it off, 13 Mar 2001
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
From the errie intro of Angel of Death through Renegade (possibly written about Lynott) to Hollywood, No one Told Him and It's Getting Dangerous Lizzy Play good old Rock with a touch of Blues. Fats an attempt at jazz/blues is a half decent attempt at Jazz/blues but not to everyones liking. An album well worth buying for its contents.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Renegade
Renegade by Thin Lizzy (Audio CD - 2013)