on 18 February 2013
In places the characters did irritate me in that if they'd been near me, I'd have knocked their heads together for being so obtuse about their feelings for each other for so long.
In other places I laughed out loud. Bit samey in places like the other books in this series but overall, they happily whiled away a few spare hours.
I like how the whole family came together as one unit and their differences were forgotten.... when one hurt, they were all there to give moral support which all close families do.
on 23 August 2013
Enjoyed this book very much. This book follows on from stories regarding other members of the family which I enjoyed also. Would thoroughly recomend reading all the books I feel that I have got to know this family very well. Hope the author Sherryl Woods continues with more stories regarding the O'Brien family
on 9 March 2013
Another lovely book that I couldn't put down,yet again at the end I am eager to read the next one.I do think that you have to read them in order because of getting to know all the characters.
on 30 March 2013
I enjoyed very much it. Difficult to stop reading and I always wanted to know more about the characters of the story.
on 25 September 2013
Read via local elibrary.
WOW. What a book. The best I've read so far in the series. Strong story, well drawn characters. My heart was in my mouth so many times and yes, I cried. There were funny light hearted bits as well but all in all a very strong emotional story. Absolutely loved this and recommend, but keep the tissues handy!
on 11 October 2013
I have just finished reading this book that made me laugh and cry. I have read all seven books so far in this series and loved them all, you really feel like you engage with each character. I can't wait to start book eight. I have up to book ten on my Kindle.
Susie and Mack do not date - they have not been dating for quite some time and all their friends and family are getting tired of it. Then something happens to each of them which changes their view of the world and their future.

There is a bit more plot in this one than in some of the others in this series. Susie and Mack have some real issues to work through. As usual, the O'Brien family meddle, all small town business succeed and love wins out.

By the time that you get to this installment in the series you have considerable investment in the characters of the small American town and it is good to share in what happens to them and how they are involved in this story.

Escapist romance, not particularly realistic but enjoyable reading.
on 5 March 2014
this the seventh Chesapeake Shores novel is every bit as good as the previous one, I have become very fond of the O'Brian family & the way they all support each other - if only real life was like this!
on 23 January 2014
A well written story of the relationship through a very emotional time. Showed great understanding of the feelings and handling of family and each other of the main characters.
on 27 October 2013
I WISH SOMEONE BOUGHT ME A HOUSE WITH A SEA VIEW!!!! I LOVE THIS COUPLE WITH ALL THEIR ISSUES. WELL DONE CONNOR FOR HANGING IN THERE.