5.0 out of 5 stars does everything i want it to do
firstly, i didn't like the earphones, (the shape of them) though there's nowt wrong with them, (my mate nabbed them), so kept my own from a previous much cheaper player.
it's loud enough for me when noise reduction thing is turned off (i'm a bit deaf so need it loud.)
It has a hold button so it doesn't get accidentally activated.
i can download any song i...
Published 4 months ago by rowena martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Great device but the headphones...............................................
The MP3 battery life is good and the transfer of songs is a simple affair. However there are some gripes I have on this product. For one there is the annoying occurrence where the MP3 player would seemingly randomly decide to kill the volume of the song I was listening too, saying it was too loud lol. Really just play the music stupid machine don't tell me how loud I...
Published 4 days ago by Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars does everything i want it to do, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Sony NWZE585 16GB Walkman Video MP3 Player - Black (Electronics)
It has a hold button so it doesn't get accidentally activated.
i can download any song i like in loads of formats and videos. also a function on it for audiobooks.
i have accumulated a lot of songs and stuff over the years in many formats from many different sources and all went on smoothly without a hitch. i like the media go software, seems very logical. i can make playlists in the software on my laptop and also 'add to' playlist thing on the go from the mp3 player itself. sound is brilliant. like the buttons, totally controllable and all of it does exactly what i want it to do, as does the media go software. i can rearrange, rename, and generally do what i want with my music in the software, brill. just what i want. I tell IT what to do, it doesn't tell ME.its small and light and battery life lasts for ever before i need to recharge it. I listen to it for 8 hours solid at a time and it only needs recharging after the 3rd day or so. love it to bits. wouldn't be without it. had fun with the voice record, picks up even the quietest murmuring and subtleties. the video playback was a nice surprise the quality was excellent, playing cartoons for my grandchildren when they're bored on the bus is a life saver and saves loads of battery on their parents smart phones etc (cos they don't have to use their phones to access cartoons on the net on the go for them, brill.
love it to bits. ordered it and got it next day. no probs. love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super value for money !, 2 Sep 2013
Always been a fan of the Sony Walkmens, from casette to MD and now MP3 ... so I just had to had this item on launch date.

I am very satisfied with the item. Its a very nice Sony product made in good quality, its simple to use though it also have some new features like "kareoke" (removing the vocals in the songs), dance (pitching the dancetracks), senseme (the walkman finds automatically the songs depending on your mood - and it actually works 90% of the time) - amazing ! Unit also do drag and drop podcasts directly from Sonys transfer tool called "Media Go", which can be installed very easy directly from the Walkman.

Most of all I bought this Walkman to play mp3s, and this job it does 10/10, it has a high volume output, which is missing on many other newer mp3 players. It is also not oversteering when it have to work for a high volume, I like this a lot !

When you get it in your hand you wont believe this small thing can give such a super sound output. Very nice finishing and nice to hold in the hand.

The walkman also have a very nice hires screen that can play videos in a very stunning quality, jpeg, bmp and other pictures can be shown flawless, even in high quality. When "importing" the videofiles from PC, the bridge from Sony will automatically adapt the file (smaller or bigger size) so it fits for the player. Good thinking from Sony !

Only things I missed was for Sony to include a 220V adaptor (the unit have to charge from PC USB), this can though be solved buying a standard 5V USB adaptor, the wire will fix right in. Also make sure to buy a cover, since this is not included in the standard package.

Overall, Sony did it again - this unit is amazing and very good quality ! 10/10 !

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds amazing, 13 April 2014
I didn't buy this from Amazon but looked at the reviews before buying. Was a bit apprehensive as people said that the sound, especially the volume was awful. I downloaded approx. 12gb of music, switched the supplied in-ear phones with other Sony's that I had and pressed play. The sound was better than I expected. Turned up the volume and there it was, the sound I was waiting for. Went into sound settings and made a few tweaks and hey presto a great sounding mp3 player.
I always used to have Sony mp3 but have recently been listening to music on my smartphone. Big mistake. Never again. Back with Sony and will stay true to Sony.
Those of you who want to listen to your music through a piece of fruit you are missing out. And being taken for a ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MP3, 31 Mar 2014
A very good MP3 player, the battery lasts for absolute ever. Very easy to use and the sound is great. Definitely better than the iPod.

5.0 out of 5 stars kicks the @ss of my creative, 22 April 2014
Had 3 creative dens. First was probably 15 years ago and was great but big. Replaced it with a smaller one with better battery life but in the end it was too big and old. Got another creative Zen 18 months ago which was awful, full of software glitches and less functionality than its predecessor. Binned it and got this. I love it. Small, extremely light, but robust enough. Good noise including a decent bass and the battery life is eternal! If you want as I did a non-apple product this is great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfaction., 15 Mar 2014
This arrived so quickly, promised by the 10th and arrived on the 7th which was brilliant as it was a birthday present. One very satisfied young man who is autistic and now calmer due to being able to listen to what he wants and shut out all other noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over iPod!, 20 May 2014
I had an early Sony Walkman tape player and years later bought the original iPod when it first came out. I bought this Walkman as I was looking for a way of listening to music on something that wouldn't need to be recharged every few hours. A while ago I bought a 64gb iPhone 4S which does the job but the battery isn't great even though I have had the battery recently replaced and have as much background stuff switched off. I am just back from a 3-week cycle trip and felt there must be a music player that has a better battery life and here it is. Buying this has allowed me to transfer a pile of music files from iTunes indirectly to the Walkman (download provided software called Media Go. You then have both Media Go and iTunes open side by side as windows. Drag music files cross to Media Go). This has a battery life that would easily exceed the occasions I would have listened over 3 weeks on a single charge. But the bonus is the sound quality. No matter what I do to the same music file the sound from an iPod or iPhone through the same headphones are vastly inferior to the music from the Walkman. Yes it has a few downsides such as it requires a direct connection to add music or podcasts but the sound, battery time, overall size outweigh the iPhone. It is time for Apple to wake up as Sony is back in town. Apple has sat on its laurels assuming everyone would naturally migrate from an iPod to iPhone which will then allow iTunes to dominate but not everyone wants this arrangement. Some of us wish to manage OUR music OURselves. Last time I updated my iPhone my music library disappeared to be replaced by music I had bought from iTunes only. Enough ranting. The Sony Walkman is a better music player and I'll shut up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acessing NWZE585 Walkman, 7 Mar 2014
Better than expected , simple to use once you try couple of times even without any instructions.
Easy to access pages searching for a particular song , and although it is NOT 16 GB , more likely 13.5,
there is plenty of space to squeeze your CD library . And for those prospective crooners , the karaoke function
is great fun . After going through two iPods the last four years and both developing some problems , I opted
out for the Walkman , and I am glad I did . Fully recomending it .
Takis E.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, 7 Aug 2014
I like this product. O.k it does have some features I will never use due to screen size, but the sound quality is very good using my studio headphones ( no need to alter equalizer) Have not tried the provided ear pieces.

This is easy to operate (even though I am old and grey), and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

As an aside, trying to register the product with Sony is a nightmare, they do not appear to recognise it. Waiting for help from them via e-mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 26 Feb 2014
Bought for memory size and the fact that it's not an Ipod. Comes with software to download CD's. Comfortable ear plugs and lovely sound. Small and light weight. Easy to use. While Sony make many speakers for Ipods, they don't seem to make many with the WM port for their Walkman, which is a pity. No bluetooth on this one, which would solve the speaker issue. Overall happy with price and product.