• Zaz

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 21 March 2011
Zaz is a street born busk performer of casual genius. The voice control and breadth of musical sound is very much in the modern idiom but it has historical depth when we recall the sounds of Django and Bechet. She is claimed to be the new Piaff and if resurrection is a possibility, she might well be the original. If you make a pilgrimage to Pere Lachaise in Paris and MP3 a Zaz track at the foot of Edith's grave you might spiritually get the answer. For me Zaz is both hypnotic and addictive. She is not on the retail lists of major music retailers in the UK so Amazon might be your only opportunity to hear a youthful genius in full flight.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 17 August 2010
Having discovered this album on holiday in France, I toyed with the idea of buying it over there but am glad I've saved a few bob and got the download from Amazon - cheapskate that I am, but this album would have been worth the price in the shops in any case. Zaz is a bit like a French Eddie Reader and her folk inflected songs exhibit humour and a stereotypical French "knowingness" if that makes sense. Jaunty, cheeky songs sit nicely alongside plaintive ballads to make an album of rich variety and charm.
on 4 February 2014
Bought this on a whim, when I should have been doing marking on a Sunday afternoon, and have played it non-stop since. It is foot-tappingly good and I have ordered both her first two albums on the strength of this one, which appears to be a compilation/best of her first two albums. If you like French music, the Zaz is definitely worth a punt. I highly recommend her !
on 9 March 2014
Enjoyed this so much I am going to Paris to see her live. A superb voice and a range of jazz-influenced, fun tracks
on 25 October 2011
Once in a life time the music industry comes across such originality and genius, Zaz is just that. If you love Piaff then you will adore Zaz.
on 21 August 2013
I heard a track from this on Richard Madeley's Radio Two show and decided to buy the album. I am glad I did, I am thoroughly enjoying something new, fresh sounding, and I love Zax voice. The music is an interesting and refreshing mix of modern sound wth traditional French instruments.
on 10 June 2013
Good quality product, arrived after about 10 days (told 7-14 days). was packed as described.
Talking about the music, this is a very nice piece for your collection. jazzy folk with an awesome and warm french voice.
on 5 July 2012
Good music and good CD quality. Zaz captures my ears and she is enjoyable to listen to. Good lyrics too. Still young she has time to refine her style.
on 11 May 2012
Had trouble getting to the download but that was my fault really! No problem after that. Great album from very talented artist.
on 20 January 2014
Fantastic album! There's not a bad song on it, in my opinion. Super catchy, you could listen to any of these songs on repeat.