4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you have the money.
Published 6 months ago by justnvc

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 year cloud version? Not for that price.
Published 8 months ago by C. Lusher

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 year cloud version? Not for that price., 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Adobe Creative Cloud - 12 month Licence (PC/Mac) [Download] (Software Download)
Shocking greed from Adobe. I have been using Dreamweaver for years. Bought previous products, wanted to buy the newest version after not using it at all for a couple of years, only to find CS6 PC version no longer available and I have to fork out over £500 for a RENTAL VERSION? Hell no. I'm astounded at their greed. I understand the benefits of the cloud - regular updates, product remains updated and hopefully bug fixes are ongoing, new additions instant, etc. - but not for THAT price. I'm just not going to bother buying at all now. I can understand entirely why some would get hold of dodgy copies. Adobe, get a grip and fix that price, or switch to the bought product on disc as before (or do BOTH!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Highly dubious sales strategy, 27 Oct. 2013
Slightly unusual for a one star rating, I absolutely love the product: everything I was expecting (and more). But, I was massively disappointed about the big brother bullying tactics employed by Adobe (although if you pushed me I would agree, not entirely Amazon's fault!).

I have experienced giving my credit card details to American IT companies before (Network Solutions in my case) and invoking an "auto renew" relationship. Have you ever tried cancelling it? They make it incredibly arduous to the point of being almost impossible to cancel.

So, I purchased from Amazon (at a little additional cost) so that I would buy ONLY a one year subscription. If I want to renew at the end of the year then I will choose to renew by myself.

Got into trouble the moment I tried to redeem the purchase on the Adobe website. Basically they were saying that if I did not give them my credit card details then they could not validate my purchase as they would not have a valid credit card (their words) to renew at the end of the year - precisely what I was trying to avoid in purchasing from Amazon.

Unbelievable for a product that I had already paid over £500 for. Anyway, to cut long story shorter, after 1.75 hours on a chat link to a (actually very helpful) Adobe guy they relented and somehow forced my redemption through.

So I got what I wanted but came out of the encounter feeling slightly screwed and very angry that I had to fight to get Adobe (and thus by extension Amazon - they did sell it to me after all) to honour their agreement.

So come on Amazon, use some of your might to stop this kind of thing happening, I trust you, but wouldn't trust Adobe with the proverbial barge pole!

Still love the product though!!

1.0 out of 5 stars We want to BUY, not RENT, 29 May 2014
I love Adobe and have used it for years. But there are plenty of you out there, I'm sure, like me who want and need very capable software, perhaps more than PSE, but who would like to actually OWN a perpetual license for the very considerable outlay! The whole trend for subscription-based software sucks. Autodesk are going the same way.

So I say time to start shopping around. Adobe Lightroom is a very good basis and so far can still be owned. But you can create a great workflow using additional products depending on your requirements such as Portrait Professional, Perfect Effects, Photomatix Pro, PSE and GIMP. GIMP has progressed leaps and bounds recently and is definitely worth a look - and it's FREE!

There are also lot's of plugins available for Lightroom, free and purchased. For all but the most committed Adobe die-hards, I would suggest keeping most of your hard earned cash in your pocket and sourcing some or all of the above. Instead buy a quality lens or something that will make a real difference to your work!

Leave comments and post other software ideas/ addins for all to share!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cloud Cuckoo, 26 Jun. 2014
JMD1 (Bute, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have been using Photoshop since the time when it was called, Aldus Photoshop. I have have happily bought all the versions up to and including CS5 but when I tried to upgrade to CS6 I found that it was not available or at grossly inflated prices on marketplace. I was horrified to learn that Adobe in their arrogance and downright greed have switched their products to the Cloud and instead of being able to buy it outright, they want you to pay a monthly 'rental' fee.

I live in an area where internet connectivity is poor and upload speeds are very low indeed. In any case, I do not want my material floating about the ether and America lest it find its way into the wrong hands. Adobe say this is to prevent piracy but they are lying, it is simply a new way of scamming us out of more money. Photoshop is basically the same product that Aldus developed 20 years ago with considerable enhancements over the years but never has it been value for money.

It is no wonder that people download hookey software, Adobe are not an ethical or decent company. I'll stick to my CS5 even though they have stopped supporting it. Adobe, you have lost a customer and I hope I am one of many.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's all about...GREED, 10 Jan. 2015
lynsey adams "Kanga" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The last time I looked at PS with a view to buying it, it was about £600 (yes, some years ago) - now they want more than £500 to RENT FOR A YEAR? Absolutely disgusting greed and I will have no part in lining their pockets. As another reviewer said, it was never value for money anyway, unless you were in a business which needed such a huge and complex system.

I needed Photoshop and Illustrator for an online course, which I shall now not be able to do. So much for the needs of the small consumer. Adobe are obviously not interested and I hope they lose a huge amount of revenue because of this cynical and greedy policy. Not holding my breath though, there must be a reason for them doing this, and it must be money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Now saving up for CS6, just in case., 23 Mar. 2014
I have CS4 Design Web Premium, and decided to go for Creative Cloud on a first year reduced rate. There is no Creative Cloud Design Web Premium so I get loads of stuff I don't need. Seems a real waste. I'm also a big Corel user so I am not that dependent on Adobe.

Why go for Creative Cloud? Well you get cloud storage. Mmmm, don't need it. Disks are cheap and they are always there, even when not on the internet. You get incremental updates as they happen. Err .. I get those anyway, don't I? You get to spread the cost over time. Well yes, but it's still expensive in the long run and I could spread the cost just by getting a loan if I wanted, couldn't I?

The applications are really very good, but Creative Cloud is worrying. If I am not connected to the internet, which is likely if I am abroad or out of the office, I sometimes get problems starting the applications. When I am connected there are some really worrying processes running on my computer, like AdobeIPCBroker.exe (which I can't switch off) which seems to be sending information back to Adobe ... maybe ... who knows!

It's quite cost effective at the moment, but it's going to get a lot more expensive later this year. (Why do we pay so much more in Europe for the same product as the States, I really don't know!). So I am saving up for CS6 Design Web Premium just in case nothing changes with CC later his year. And if CS6 is not available then, well I may stick with Corel. They sell software the traditional way, but I kinda' think even if they went the subscription route they could never do it quite as badly as Adobe is at the moment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Adobe stop screwing us, 1 Jan. 2015
I agree there must be a way to create software that links to your/our computers because not all of us can afford more than one big outlay in a couple of years

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Adobe Ripoff, 27 April 2015
I've been using Dreamweaver for years and decided it was time to update. But not at that price. I don't want to rent, I want to buy. And I don't want to use the Cloud. I shall be looking for another product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you have the money., 11 Dec. 2014
I love the Adobe package. At £440 in the Black Friday Sales it's a great option for young professionals interested in image editing, video editing, audio editing... everything editing. I do wish purchasing individual licenses via the Adobe website was cheaper as I do not require the use of everything in this package i.e. once you subscribe to Photoshop, Premiere, Acrobat.... you might as well fork out an extra £2-5 for everything else in this Complete Package as i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 5 May 2014
After purchasing the licence, it took an hour or two for Amazon to send the code to me. Once they did, I just had to download from the Adobe website.

If you want to know how good the product is, just try the 30 day trial. Not much else to say...