Unlike the Apple dock which doesn't allow access to the headphone jack at the bottom of the iPhone 5/5s/5c, this dock corrects this problem and fully allows the connection of your favourite head gear while your phone rests securely on the dock for the essential recharge.

Published 6 months ago by N. Lazaridis

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware gotcha with longer lightning cables
I have to agree with the 5 star reviews of this product when used with the standard Apple Lightning cable supplied with the iPhone. It is well made and appears well-engineered and matches Apple's aluminium theme well. I was so pleased that I bought a second stand for my office.

Published 10 months ago by Dr David A Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware gotcha with longer lightning cables, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Desktop Stand for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5/5S/iPad Mini (Wireless Phone Accessory)

However I have now discovered a problem with the engineering of the stand that has limited its usefulness. To put the stand where my previous desktop stand was located I need longer than the 1m lightning cable Apple supplied with my iPhone. Since Apple sell longer length lightning cables, I thought it would be a simple matter to buy one of these (2m length) from my local Apple Store and use it in the 12 South stand. I was wrong. The white plastic adaptor which holds the end of the lightning cable at the top of the stand is engineered to allow the cable to pass down the middle whilst locating on the back of the lightning connector to support it at the appropriate height. The problem is that the longer length lightning cables from Apple are thicker than the standard length ones - presumably thicker shielding to reduce loss over the longer length. The adaptor in the stand has been engineered to the thickness of the short cable - so although the long cable fits fine into the adaptor, as you push the adaptor down into the top of the stand the fit is too tight and you cannot push it all the way home. The closest I managed was leaving a 5mm gap between the adaptor and the top of the aluminium leg. The adaptor was wedged so tightly then that I had to lever it back out with a screwdriver which damaged the edge of the aluminium leg.

To cut a long story short, the hole down the middle of the adaptor needs to be a bigger diameter to accommodate the thicker longer length lightning cables. A disappointing flaw in an otherwise attractive product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and it addresses one of the key problems with the Apple docks, 14 Jun 2014
N. Lazaridis - See all my reviews

Moreover, if you have a protective case around your phone, it will accommodate that too as it allows for different positions of the Lightning connector (depending on the width of your case). You will have to dedicate a USB to Lightning cable though, as it is permanently attached and secured with this dock.

To top it up, it is a top quality product that looks robust and very well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1) locks unobtrusive 2) takes the iPhone 6 with a case 3) is sturdy and doesn't top over 3) is MFI compatible so ..., 2 Nov 2014
Miss Buiel "LozzaB" (London) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace another dock (Kensington AbsolutePower Charge and Sync Stand with Lightning Connector for iPhone 6) as my iPhone 6 didn't fit when I added a thin case (Yousave Accessories iPhone 6 Case Ultra Thin Clear Silicone Gel Cover).

I wanted a dock that:

1) locks unobtrusive
2) takes the iPhone 6 with a case
3) is sturdy and doesn't top over
3) is MFI compatible so no message appears saying it is an incompatible device every time I dock it
4) the iPhone 6 finger print reader is easily accessible while in the stand. (for reading things in the night without taking it out of the stand).
5) that I could take out of the stand with one hand (it almost does this but not quite...but that is more to do with the Apple cord fitting than the dock).

This stand fits all of those needs except number 5, and looks really nice too.

I found it easy to put together but did have to fiddle with each of the white fittings to work out which one works the best - but then again I didn't read the instructions!

I've had it for a couple of weeks now and have no issue with it whatsoever. I am thinking to buy another for the office but as looks so cool I think it might get pinched!

5.0 out of 5 stars Twelve South HiRise for iPhone 5 and iPad mini, 10 Sep 2013
This is a very neat product that provides a stand for charging and viewing your iPhone and iPad mini. I love adding accessories to my Apple set-up and this one proves to be particularly useful.

I do have one very minor negative comment and that is, you need very nimble fingers to assemble the product using the provided "small bolts" - the stand holes (which are at an angle) have to be lined up with the bolts before tightening - fiddly!

Otherwise, I still like the product vry much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Return to sender, address unknown!, 30 Oct 2014
Good concept, but unfortunately very poor execution. The build quality or quality control is substandard. There were several issues with the stand I received. Firstly, the front piece had been poorly machined and was curved on one front corner. Second the back support did not sit flush to the front stand; when the screws were tightened there was an approx. 20 degree angle difference between the front and back verticals. Thus, if you want to sit your phone on the dock without a case it will have no back support, which is not all that important, but the back piece is really rendered useless and looks odd. Thirdly, the base is very easily scratched. As the back piece is adjustable, in trying to get the correct position for your needs you inevitably leave scratch marks on the base. If you want a partially functioning case then go ahead, but if you want an aesthetic accompaniment to your Apple products then think again! Then again I may have received a dud.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... for this) On this occasion I am furious about poor quality of this product and thought will warn other ..., 4 Dec 2014
Gromnicki "jg" (london) - See all my reviews
My first review after years of purchases with amazon (sorry not much time for this)
On this occasion I am furious about poor quality of this product and thought will warn other customers (reviews helped me in the past)
1- Better to be in good mood to assemble the product: big kinder egg surprise... after long hours at work, this is the last thing you want to do... build it. If you decide to buy it, make sure you are relax with about 10 minutes time to make it! If you loose a little screw, you could ad extra 10 minutes to find it... Make sure you do not loose your little screws

2- After 15 minutes, time to try the new gadget..... I took my time, making sure the cable was well fit, pulled well the cable (before people argue).

3- result; awful!! AWFUL!!! I bought it to use with my apple touch latest version and it is so unstable with the iPod plug not stable at all! I can imagine the disaster if you would use this product with iPod mini.... just a joke

4 - If this would have been a 8-10 £ product I would say ok, you get what you pay for. This is expensive!!!!!!
Seach and for same price starting with Amazon you get a better stand with speakers, extra 10 £ you have the jbl about 45£ which are doing the same job with decent sound out if you wish

5 - I am concerned about so many 5 stars for this product! I read most of them and really concerned about the truth regarding the reviews (Amazon and many other website are affected. especially hotels, restaurants..etc .. with fake paid review..

6 make your choice! I will send my back to amazon this week. I will be happy with voucher and if no refund, the product goes in the bin...

7 - this is my first review on amazon and I hope you will take it seriously and help. I thing most of us are fed up with people's businesses making things costing 3-4£ and selling them 35 £

8 I hope to be refunded (can't use product anyway as to wobbly / rubbish ) Look at little speakers on amazon similar price, which will charge.play you device....

9 good luck

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure, 7 April 2014
The stand is a great idea in principle but I'm sure that when my iPhone was connected the device lost signal and that's why it went back. However, for someone living in a strong signal location it's a good looking product.

It's easy enough to construct although those lacking nimble fingers or who have door stops for digits may have problems with the small screws.

I used it with an iPhone 5S and an iPad Mini Retina (case off else it leaned to one side)

5.0 out of 5 stars Device charged with a lightening cable? This is the stand you not only want but need! :), 18 Oct 2014
T. Bowers "Tim" (UK) - See all my reviews
I've looked at this stand for a long time to use with my iPhone 5, but always ended up choosing another one instead, what a mistake that was!

With my new iPhone 6 Plus I thought it time to make a change, the other stands I have are ok but I really wanted more of a charging dock that was also practical for work, this is it.

It certainly doesn't look out of place with the larger phone on there. Really wish I'd bought this much sooner.

I'm one of those guys that never reads the instruction, tore the packaging open, started to put it together and made the mistake of thinking the three plastic pieces were the same (spares). At first I was a little frustrated that my phone with case was unstable on the stand, then realising my own mistake I switched out the plastic so that the lightening cable was lower in the stand. Why mention this I hear you ask, well, I'm just amazed at the amount of thought that went into this including the well stored and concealed Allen/Hex Key, also the fact you can adjust the back stand for larger cases.

Simply put, I love this stand/dock!

I'd definitely buy again, and would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, 25 May 2014
D. Chippendale (Kent) - See all my reviews
A well made and solid stand. Keeps my phone nicely high on my desk and sort of becomes an extra screen. The connection is tight and can't be removed with one hand but this doesn't really bother me as I has to pull the connector out with two hands before I got this anyway. Looks great and works well. The high price is justified.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it, 13 Oct 2013
I've had a few different stands for my iphone, ranging from ones which pretty much scrapped away at the phone, threatening to damage it, to ones which had sucker sticking tech, which would fall over whenever you touched the phone. The Twelve South products are expensive but are worth it. I think with this product you have something that not only compliments the device but also will be able to be there for the long term.

A little fiddly to build but nothing a little patience won't help with. I like the fact that it works straight with your own lightning cord - though if like me you have Bluetooth connectivity in your car you will be investing in a second cord to have in the car for recharging.

I only give it four for the price - it can be off-putting. I had a long look at other devices before deciding that even with the price this was the best holder for my phone. Other than that - great product!