4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money
I had been looking for a decent large screen tablet with a high quality screen and good performance but couldn't justify the price of brand name tablets. took the plunge with the M9 pro and not disappointed.

What's good:
The screen is beautiful
Happily plays HD video
Android 2.2
Looks great
SD card port works well with 32GB card...
Published 7 months ago by Mr

1.0 out of 5 stars Little Eastern Promise!
Exactly the same problems as a previous contributor....Failed to start after a charge! Endorse his comments on the high charge for return postage. Suggest any return be via the vendor. I am sure Amazon (Bless them) would honour their customers and reimburse or exchange any faulty goods far better than Pipo?

While I am sure that many customers are delighted...
Published 6 months ago by Mr. R. Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 10 Sep 2013
Mr (East Sheen, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PIPO M9 pro 3G - 10.1 Retina IPS Screen (1920*1200px) Quad Core 1.8GHz Built in 3G Tablet PC Android 4.2 2GB RAM Bluetooth GPS Dual Camera 5MP AF Aluminum shell 32GB

What's good:
The screen is beautiful
Happily plays HD video
Android 2.2
Looks great
SD card port works well with 32GB card
Slim design

The bad:
Occasionally freezes (very rare but annoying)
Boot up takes about 45 seconds
Cheap construction: a few air bubbles where screen stuck down at edge (only on border however and doesn't affect main screen). Only visible on close inspection. Not sure it would survive a drop
Chinese charger (came with adaptor so no big issue)
No instruction manual
Updates to firmware via confusing Pipo website rather than OTA which seems risky
2.2 firmware doesn't have multi user profiles enabled

Overall very pleased. You get what you pay for but this is amazing value for money and at the price I can be philosophical if a 200+ 3g tablet with expandable storage falls apart after a couple of years

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy, 28 Sep 2013
T. Crossley "Tom" (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
I have to admit when I ordered this I expected quick delivery. But not having read the small print - a failing of mine - it was coming from China, so I was alarmed at the four week delivery time that was given. However it arrived in just over a week by air.

This 10in tablet does everything! Bluetooth, GPS - the lot. And unlike my 7in Nexus has an array of connections, to insert cards, etc. And just about the same price, but it is of course the old, old story - you pay for the name. But to my mind the 7in Nexus is terribly overpriced in comparison.

At the moment I am using it to load photographs, download and read books and play Scrabble. Though purchasing the 10in was primarily to read the newspapers, which I can do much easier than the 7in. I have dabbled with a few of its many apps, some of which are useful. No doubt I shall dive into it more thoroughly as time goes by.

What I find useful is that when unplugged from its charger, pressing the 'on' button immediately brings it to life, with no waiting for it to boot.

Easily five stars with so many features at such a low price. Recommended.

Tom Crossley

5.0 out of 5 stars Whats not to like?, 5 Nov 2013
I'm fairly technically competent, but knew nothing about tablets. I wanted a full size screen, but did not want to pay iPad prices or even Nexus 10 prices for something I wasn't sure about.
It arrived quickly, despite coming from China and worked straight out the box. It seems to be well made and robust. I have had no quality problems. The specification is amazing, and on paper beats other tablets at 3x the price.
Connectivity is very good.
I was a bit concerned I may have to 'root' it to configure it how I wanted. In fact this wasn't necessary. I was able to remove all the pre-installed apps I didn't want directly from the tablet.
No problems in loading and running the apps I do want, e.g. RAC traffic, BBC, Met Office, i-Player, Kindle (as an aside the Kindle App for Android is superb, better than using my actual Kindle!)
To address some of the other points raised elsewhere:
- No problem with 3G (although you do have to set up the sim card on a phone beforehand)
- Yes the Manual is in Chinese, but an English version is pre-loaded on the device (better quality than that addressed by the link given elsewhere in the reviews)
- I have had no problems with GPS
- WiFi reception is not brilliant, but comparable with my laptop.
- No problems with locking up, apart from one obscure app.
The only niggles are the Bluetooth and the charging. I got a 3G version because it was only an extra 5 or so. Originally I thought I didn't need it and could use the Bluetooth to pair with my phone. However the Bluetooth cannot be used for internet access, so the 3G is essential when out of wifi coverage.
It cannot be charged from USB, only from its own 9V charger. This is not a serious problem, but is actually more irritating than it sounds.
All in all it is a very good product at a very fair price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Little Eastern Promise!, 16 Oct 2013
Mr. R. Brown "Plasma" (Great Malvern UK) - See all my reviews

While I am sure that many customers are delighted with a fully functional PIPO Tablet, there are far too many who have found similar faults, so needless to say I would recommend that if you really must have the latest PIPO, or indeed any Chinese manufactured Tablet, purchase it from Amazon and test it immediately on receipt for any faults.

Because without WiFi, any tablet is like a caterpillar without legs, AND having been the owner of several tablets (Of which only 2 have functioned correctly) my main concern is the signal received because without it or if a poor signal then the functionality of any Tablet is either reduced or nil.

The signal I received via the PIPO was not good so I upgraded my internet to accommodate the thing without any significant improvement, which was very frustrating. I could get a decent signal ONLY when in the same room as my sender unit. Since then I have obtained the new SumVision Cyclone Voyager II, which has actually proved my point because the signal pick up is far superior to anything I have owned so far, which includes the PiPo, and the sound volume and quality leaves the Pipo standing.

The bottom line is why purchase a tablet with such a doubtful reliability record and a long list of reported faults, which costs in excess of 200. To those with a good one I am very pleased but be aware that you are the lucky ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars PIPO MAX M9PRO, 7 Dec 2013
Hi i bought this tablet 2 weeks ago 32gb version for 200 i find it much easier to use than the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 its very fast and the screen is very good the IU interface is very slick you just press the + in the box find the app you want and in it goes photos are sharp sound very good games run great reading a book is very easy i got a flat case and a pen so its great to use on the internet i would say the Samsung is better built but your paying over twice as much checkout the videos on youtube

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Tablet, 30 Nov 2013
I thought I would take a chance on buying one of these from Quasaro (uk seller) but turned like the other bad reviews stopped working on first charge, i looked online and gives details on how to re-solder the power connection. This one ended up with a flashing red light would not power up or do anything. Also the screen was out of line by about 2mm I think it was either used or a seconds maybe a bad batch. The Seller also did not give a full refund taking money off for there postage and did not giving anything towards my return postage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 27 Jan 2014
I am impressed with the PIPO M9 - it does as it says on the tin the functions remove the need for a laptop or any other device- many thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Pipo Max-M9 Pro 3G, 26 Dec 2013
Recently purchased the above tablet from TinyDeal, unfortunately I did not buy from my usual supplier Amazon. The tablet would not switch on at all to start with then it suddenly burst into life and it was OK while it lasted. Switched off after I had finished, but that was when the trouble started again could not switch it on again. Contacted TinyDeal and they suggested getting it repaired in the UK (does anyone know of a repairer in the UK) I have tried locally (Derby) and no one wants to know, they all suggest sending it back to China which I eventually did at a cost of 32. I marked the tablet to see if they sent the same one back and they did, they said it had been repaired but the problem was still there. I have now asked for my money back in full plus the return postage a total of 240 and that's another stumbling block, they have offered me a discount of 30% off to keep the tablet, we are currently negotiating, but I would prefer a full refund and put it all down to a bad experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas must have, 3 Nov 2013
If your looking for a fast easy to use, light & tightly built device, then this is for you. Never mind the more expensive models out there, this does everything you need, try it out if you don't like it you can always pay more for a better known name, but in my opinion you'll just be wasting your cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain !, 14 Aug 2013
Pipo M9 Pro

Pros -
Very good spec
Feels well made
Very good, helpful, communication from DracoTek
Delivery was VERY quick

Cons -
Poor UK manual in box.
Better one here - http://www.pipo.su/files/M9/M9_user_manual.pdf

Some Apps in Google Play won't load on this tablet (workaround = download and install the apk file from the web - only issue with that is that you don't get the latest updates)

SIM card - needs pushing further into the tablet than seems safe - for it to latch.
Push card into the slot with the SIM card contacts facing away from the tablet - with the notch pointing down towards the centre of the tablet.
No messaging/telephony - can be a bind registering a SIM - had to do mine in a phone and then transfer to the tablet

Follow my journey with this tablet on the 'Android Tablet' app - look for threads by L200man

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›