5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for connecting headphones through a bumper case
As the subject suggests, I bought this as I found that I couldn't connect standard headphones to my Nexus phone audio socket when using the official bumper case. The plug on this adapter is narrower than normal and allows for easy access to the headphone jack without having to remove the phone from its case every time.
Published 4 months ago by djh

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as slim as annonced
2 major problems I found on this piece:
- I bought this to fit on my Nexus 5 which is fitted with a Spigen Neo Hybrid case. With the case there's not much room to fit the headphone jack cable, so I bought this "slim" adapter to fit it. With surprise, I noticed that this adapter is not slim to fit either. I had to cut some of the plastic for it to enter...
Published 3 months ago by Rui Ascensão

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for connecting headphones through a bumper case, 7 April 2014
djh (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SODIAL(R) Headphone Adapter Compatible with Apple iPhone Recessed Jack, 3.5mm Male Female Extension Plug - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 14 July 2014
Bit of a waste of money. It failed the task I bought it for, which was to plug into my phone to reduce wear and tear on the plug of the actual headphones when plugged into the phone in my pocket (which is most of the time).

The volume of the audio coming through the headphones was greatly reduced when plugged into this, and moving the cable even slightly near the plug resulted in crackling and audio not working. I purchased several of these in one go, and the result was the same with each one.

Not recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as slim as annonced, 26 May 2014
2 major problems I found on this piece:
- The quality of the cable is not good. WIth few weeks it's already breaking between the ends.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit Apple iPhone 5s Leather Case, 24 Mar 2014
N. DAY - See all my reviews
The only reason I purchased this item was to get around the stupidly small opening on the Genuine Apple iPhone leather case jack hole, however, the plastic around the metal jack is too thick and it does not fit. I ended up cutting it back using a sharp knife which has done the job but it looks a bit rough.

2.0 out of 5 stars On the plus side it's cheap, on the negative side it's cheap, 12 Mar 2014
bodgit (Newbury, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I got this so I could plug my Shure headphones into my iPhone 5S when it's in a case.

Positives:
- 3.5 mm plug is small enough to fit the hole in my case, (a quad-lock case)

Negatives:
- Cable is badly shielded, I frequently picked up mobile interference
- After just over a month of use the cable outer cover has severed completely around the strain-relief on the plug, and now remains attached by only the conducting wires

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 23 Feb 2014
Mr. D. Gower (Kennesaw, GA) - See all my reviews
Can not fault it. I have a new iPhone 5S and couldn't get a standard jack plug to fit in once the Speck cover was fitted ... This fits perfectly as its a smaller diameter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter, 30 Dec 2013
I am very pleased with this adapter used to convert my stereo loop headphones so that I can use them with my iPad and iPhone. I am a hearing aid user and to buy new loop headphones would ha cost almost £45.00, the connector cost £1.17 post paid, what a saving x

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit iPhone 5 through Apple leather case., 13 Aug 2014
disagree with the statement this fits in an Apple recessed jack slot. It does not fit through the iPhone 5 Apple case at all.