5.0 out of 5 stars A huge help with family history!
I couldn't do without this book. I started researching my family tree over 2 years ago and found that there were things I didn't understand, information I needed but didn't know how to get and this book points you in all the right directions. It also details what certain occupations were about and their importance and has a few links to the programme - shows how they...
Published on 20 April 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Reinforced my existing knowledge
I found this useful as a top up of my existing genealogy knowledge. I hardly need to use it now as the extra knowledge it gave me was soon absorbed.
Published 11 months ago by Ronald Pettet

5.0 out of 5 stars who do you think you are, 16 May 2012
This book is fantastic, once you start you cant put it down. Help me so much in my family tree.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new bible!, 25 April 2011
M. Hardman - See all my reviews
I've been tracing my family history on and off for over 2 years and thought I knew what I was doing. Not exactly so. This book gave structure to an otherwise chaotic pile of notes and focused my mind on a more methodical approach rather than my pile-in-with-both-feet method that was just leading to confusion and frustration. Great tips and, even if you've already started tracing your family tree, don't omit the chapters for beginners. There's always something to learn even when you think you know it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, best one to start with, worth every penny, 12 Feb 2013
Brilliant, a good book to start researching with, thoughtful, well written, easy to read, rather heavy but comprehensive can 't fault it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Who do you think you are?, 13 Feb 2009
Mr. Clive Bushell (worcestershire England) - See all my reviews
This book is very informative for the new researchers in family history, it enables you to follow suggested routes to find your decendents and tells you the best places to find the information you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars anstry, 4 May 2009
S. Carrier (england) - See all my reviews
it is very usefull for what i wanted. it gave good information on how to trace your family.also how to use the files at any arcives office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Fans of the Show, 7 April 2014
Bought as a gift for someone who is a huge fan of the show and loves researching family history. Said it was an amazing guide to finding out where to get more information and was great to dip in and out of when doing genealogy research. The book itself was in perfect condition and arrived on time :) A+ product from an A+ seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Feb 2014
Brought this as a present for some-one who had just started researching their family tree, they were very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Informative, 13 Feb 2014
G. Amis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who Do You Think You Are? Encyclopedia of Genealogy: The definitive reference guide to tracing your family history (Text Only) (Kindle Edition)
Being new to genealogy this book has been really useful although it does contain rather more information than I needed for my own use - a lot to get through - and it would have been better to own it as an actual book rather than the electronic version I have as then it would be easier to flick through to recap and go back to the important info as and when needed. But very comprehensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my husband., 17 Jan 2014
Has used this Encyclopedia from the library and is delighted with his own copy. We have attended talks by Nick Barrett and find his knowledge amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars who do you think you are? encyclopedia of genealogy the definitive guide to tracing your family history, 11 July 2013
iris (west midlands uk) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book recently from amazon, and I have to say I am suitably impressed
I am currently tracing my family tree ,and felt that a good book such as this, would be helpful to me .this is more than excellent this book really does go the extra mile to help you in your quest to uncover your family history, all the sections are easy to read and packed full of really useful information in fact this is the family tree bible ! written by Dr Nick Barrett of Who Do you think you are ,
this really is the definitive guide to genealogy highly recommended and extremely pleased with the great value for money for this book !an absolute must have for any family historian or those keen on learning more about genealogy

ARRAY(0x10b60630)