TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 March 2014
I raved about book 1 in this series "Forbidden Forest" and gave it 5 stars. I thought leading lady elf/shapeshifter Forest was a great character and her blossoming romance with vampire Syrus a touching love story amid the dangers they faced. Book 2 still has some hints of this, but the change in Forest's character is astounding and annoying. She flees from her responsibilities, wavers in her choices and spends an awful amount of time crying, whining or behaving irrationally around Syrus. She is a far cry from the leading lady I found so enjoyable in book 1. Forest is like a bouncing ball; strong willed and resilient before crumbling into a blubbering mess in constant cycles throughout the plot.

The story line is an immediate continuation from book 1; but Forest's banishment to earth is glossed over quickly before she is returned to Regia to find it facing a major upheaval that she could play an important part in. Her relationship with Syrus heats up, but they are back and forth between passionate bedroom moments and icy detachment when feelings are hurt.

I didn't like the way Forest handled certain situations and certainly couldn't understand her attitude towards her nemesis Leith or her newly discovered father. There is a fair amount of action, plenty of magic and some red hot action between Forest and Syrus; perhaps if book 1 hadn't been so good, I would have awarded FF 4 stars, but its predecessor is so much better.
on 2 February 2014
When I really get into books, I always find it really hard to put them down and continue reading throughout the night even though I have work th next day. This book wasn't exempt.

I loved the storyline. On the one hand I could empathize with her life self esteem relating to not knowing her dad and the stuff that Leith did and on the other hand I wanted to kick her add and be like stop being a victim Hahaaa.

Love this book.....please continue the series!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2014
Okay firstly for anyone reading this review, if you loved Forbidden Forest and like a gushy happy every after, then you will definitely love this book. Happy reading.

Me, not so much. I had such high expectation, I loved the first book, it had the potential to become an all out saga and Forest, she was so spunky and full of spirit, but in this book she just non-descript. I found her whinny, weak and very irritating and Syrus evolved into a petulant teenage boy. It all felt a bit twilighty to me, Yawn. This book seemed to focus solely on the whole she loves me, she loves me not scenario, and Forest's emotions were in full bloom, which was driving me insane, never mind her. Shame as there was so much more going on, but it just got lost in translation.

Sad!, in my opinion, it could have been so much more. Oh Well, you can’t like them all.
on 28 November 2013
After proofreading for the last decade I have come across just over a handful of some truly talented authors. I now mainly read for pleasure, and what a pleasure devouring Forest's journey continued in this novel; Forest Fire (The Legends of Regia). The world of Regina expertly pulls you in, placing you right into the thick of action from where the last book ended. The thickness of emotion consistently has you holding your breath, so don't forget to breathe! Regia is described in exquisite detail allowing you to see it all in your mind's eye easily, there are so many opportunities for extra story lines within the plot which it seems a shame they will never be told or expanded upon. Nor will the story of Forest and Syrus, their love, their future - another book please!!!

A fantastic read that I couldn't put down, completely recommended!!
on 31 July 2013
A good price for an outstanding story. This is the second book in this series. Loved it. Well worth the read, I couldn't put it down. Such a lot of detail. Very well written. There's so much going on. Lets just say these characters all have serious issues!
on 23 April 2015
Once again I enjoyed reading about these characters and finding out the conclusion to the story. Whilst there were a few predictable bits (evil queen, secret powerful father) I felt that they added to the story.

I usually love feisty independent female characters that give as good as they get and don't rely on others to save them. However I did find Forest's attitude a little annoying. We all have doubts about ourselves, and this was good to see being portrayed, but went a little too far with the self pity.

Having said that, this is only a minor criticism as I really enjoyed the book.
on 4 February 2014
aaaaa syrus is the best character iv ever read from in a book! a great follow up from forebidden forest and i cant wait till she writes the next one!
on 6 February 2014
I really enjoyed this book, my only comment is that the ending could have been a bit stronger
I will certainly look for this artist again
on 23 August 2013
I totally loved this book and I hope it isn't to long before tenaya takes me back to regia !! A great second book and if like me you enjoyed the first one then you will definitely not want to miss out on reading this one !! I love the characters and the great detail the author goes into describing the land of Regia and all the different inhabitants!! Roll on book three!!
on 16 April 2014
I loved these books. I don't often buy the follow on books , I normally stick to the freebies. sorry but it's true. this time I couldn't. I had to know what happened. Fantastic story, pulls you in completely. I'd love to know more. more about their future. do they ever had children?!?!? any way you should take the risk and read