5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I ordered this because I was having all sorts of problems getting my Raspberry Pi set up. I couldn't get Raspbmc to load at all, I eventually got Raspbian and openelec to work but then the keyboard and mouse would stop working after a few minutes.
Published 10 months ago by Swaby Baby

2.0 out of 5 stars This hub looks great, it is compact and stylish
This hub looks great, it is compact and stylish. It sits on the desk nicely. It comes with a power supply, a USB lead to supply power (which is not retractable unlike the picture suggests) and another USB cable to link the hub to the raspberry pi.
Published 7 months ago by Ducatel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars This hub looks great, it is compact and stylish, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Raspberry Pi compatable Mains powered 7 Port USB Hub 2Amp(2000mA) with power cable for raspberry Pi (Electronics)
Unfortunately the main problem with this product is that it does not deliver enough power for the PI. This means that the PI works but may experience troubles.
For me, it was that the PI was dropping its network connection. I had the mouse, and keyboard into the hub, the network connection was not even USB, it was straight into the PI with an RJ45 cable. I could not browse the web. It took me days to troubleshoot this, the give away was when I realised that the connection dropped when I moved the mouse (the mouse used up power, and the PI connection dropped). Eventually I bought a separate power supply and everything was fine.
This product is sold as something which is designed for the raspberry pi, but I think it falls short of expectations because the PI cannot be properly powered up with it. This is why I give it two stars. If this product is bought for other purposes than to extend the USB ports for a raspberry PI then, it is fine...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Aug 2013
I read a lot of forums and found that most issues arose from power supplies not being powerful or stable enough so I thought I would give this powered hub a go as it provides power for the Pi as well - and it has been brilliant!

Raspbmc loaded straight away, which proved that the previous problems were down to power rather than a dodgy SD card and the keyboard and mouse have kept going, so it cured that problem as well

The unit itself is very small and neat and comes with a stand, power cable, retractable usb to micro usb which powers the Pi, and a usb a to usb b cable to connect data and power to the pi. So the Pi is powered from 2 sources - the usb a to b cable, with the usb micro cable providing extra power when required.

So this little hub has solved all my problems and I have 5 spare ports for add on's as well!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the unit pictured, 5 Jan 2014
Mr. M. B. Davison (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Seems ok - but the usb to micro usb was not the one pictured, it was just a short 'normal' lead. Overall this unit looks frighteningly similar to another unit that other vendors are selling for 4.99 not the 14 I paid for this one. 'Frighteningly', because the other unit has 91 complaints about exploding power supplies. So since the one I ordered isn't the one in the picture you might want to think twice before ordering this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Raspberry Pi, 12 Jun 2014
I bought this hub specifically for a Raspberry Pi, but it kept crashing it. We disconnected it, and the Pi has been working absolutely fine since then - although the seller won't accept it and is yet to refund the item, bought by my 10-year-old son with his own pocket money... It may be a great hub, but it certainly isn't compatible with a Raspberry Pi.

2.0 out of 5 stars RPi usb hub, 10 May 2014
This is supposed to be pi-hut and compatable with rasberry pi but it sends five volts to the Raspberry Pi usb that will cause conflicts with the RPi five volt supply

1.0 out of 5 stars Over priced, 8 May 2014
Mark G. Hopewell "Mark G Hopewell" (Shrewsbury, UK) - See all my reviews
The retractable micro USB lead is faulty.

Besides, it struggles to power my Windows Phone during recharge.

On the whole, over priced rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent for the Raspberry pie, 5 May 2014
Most excellent for the Raspberry pie, lots of extras included within the price & "unlike a BMW" they are included in the initial price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 1 April 2014
Just what I wanted to enable me to have a powered wireless chip on my PI. Does exactly what it says on the tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar 2014
My colleagues and I had a meeting at my house. Having this made it possible for us all to use our computers around the table without wires trailing everywhere. Great item, excellent value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars its working fine., 9 Mar 2014
I am using it to connect keyboard and mouse for my Raspberry Pi. Its working fine. Previously I was using a non-powered usb-hub which was causing faults when more than 2 devices are connected to my Pi. This one, using its external power supply, behaving correctly. Havent tested it with 3 or more usb devices though but with its external power supply I guess it wont be a problem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›