5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Debut Novel, 25 July 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
A promising start to a new literary career, the novel left me wanting more and disappointed when the book finished. Hurry up and write book two!! I would really recommend this book to anybody who likes football.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
A good insight into the mindset of an elite sportsman and how they deal with the both adulation and adversity

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable story, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
A highly enjoyable read that I couldn't put down. Glad to realise it us part of a trilogy as I did wonder at the abrupt ending. A good insight into the mind/life of a professional footballer.'Doubting Thomas' could have done with a thorough proof read prior to completion as there are a few errors in it. I did enjoy it though and look forward to further publications by the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Insight into the world of a Professional Footballer, 25 July 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
Having been an avid football fan for many years I have often wondered whether the life of a footballer is all as it appears to be on the outside and this brilliant, detailed, knowledgeable book provides a great insight into that world.

This excellent book tackles some very key poignant issues that professional footballers face on a daily basis and despite it being fictional it grips the reader from the very first chapter as the true reality of it all is there for all football fans to see.

The book has been well researched and provides some fascinating facts, stats and information across world football from grass roots to the highest level which are embedded within each chapter which adds further value to the overall journey of book.

I highly recommend this book to football fans and non-football fans alike as it will certainly capture the imagination of what life may be like within a professional footballer's world and I personally cannot wait for the second book to be released so I echo the first reviewer's sentiments of not keeping us waiting too long for book two!

Andy Craven

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, look forward to the second book, 24 July 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
Written from the perspective of a successful young footballer talking about his current situation, mixed with flashbacks to his early days - this book is a damn good read. There are lots of references to the game and its characters, as you'd expect, but the book shows a character that is deeper than the red top picture we get of many modern footballers.

The author says this is the first book of a trilogy, well Mr Dargan - don't keep us waiting too long for book two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back of the net!, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
A totally engrossing read and very hard to put down.

Take a bow son, take a bow...

10 out of 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, 7 Oct 2013
KjChronic (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
Buying the book coincided with the birth of my 2nd daughter so reading it took a while with my new busier life. Unlike some books, where the intermittent reading would lead to me losing interest and giving up, this one kept me coming back, getting in as much as I could whenever I could.

A fantastic read; obviously as a football fan the subject was naturally interesting to me, but it has an appeal beyond that. It looked into the life of a footballer from an angle and viewpoint I'd never read before in fiction.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone, and have, not just to football fans, but anyone who wants an entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Local Lad Makes Good, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
I do not normally read fiction but always willing to support local authors I thought that I would make 'No Doubting Thomas' by Paul Dargan, my 'holiday read' as I do enjoy football and would class myself as a supporter.
The way the story has been written actually gives the impression of fact rather than fiction and I was therefore somewhat pleasantly surprised. I was also impressed with the way the author has created two stories to run in tandem.
His early days and experiences with Southport FC and his high profile as a professional in the Bundesliga. Reading alternately between the two storylines maintained a genuine interest in how and when things had developed in the lower leagues through to playing at the very highest level in the Champions League Final. There is obviously a comprehensive knowledge of the game and the facts and statistics suggest that there has been a lot of research into or a close association with the real life of a professional footballer.
This is a very enjoyable read and the occasional introduction of rather intriguing little 'off at a tangent' stories and developments do prompt the need to know more as does the very clever abrupt ending.
I would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone whether they are interested in football or not, it is that good.
I do believe that this is the first instalment of a trilogy and I am already looking forward to the continuation and the conclusion with bated breath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Chicken Roast all to yourself!, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
This was an obvious choice for me to read as i love Football (odd in Rugby Mad NZ, but i dont care), and after reading up on the background of the Author, i was looking forward to getting my hands on my Wifes Kindle and downloading it.

My opinion? Well you know the first time you ate a Chocolate Fondant, you viewed the yum Crispy chocolate outer knowing it would be amazing, but not knowing what lay inside would make you even more amazed? Thats this Book. It grabs you and makes you WANT to live the life of the character inside, makes you think how you would deal with certain situations hes put in, not all the situations are ideal, but the way the author has written this makes you not care, you still want to be a part of this lifestyle. Credit to the author for being able to put his background and past experiences in this field into a manner that makes you feel involved.

I loved it, yes it finished leaving more to tickle the senses of the reader, but thats what you want. As soon as i hear a 2nd books coming out, im getting it, this is quality. 21st centuries Fever Pitch.

Kent Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars No Doubting Thomas, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: No Doubting Thomas (Kindle Edition)
No Doubting Thomas was an entertaining and absorbing read. Not normally one for fiction, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would have finished it within a day or so had it not been for a faulty kindle!

Without being a picky I noticed a few spelling mistakes but that doesn't take anything away from its's quality.

Well done Paul, you deserve it mate.

No Doubting Thomas