1,640 Reviews
 (1,058)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
I bought this as a replacement for my Naga after the clicker wore out for the SECOND time, so rather than shelling out 50 quid for a 'proper' gaming mouse I thought I'd give this cheaper option a shot...after all, for £10 where could I go wrong?

Published 7 months ago by Dan Baldry

1.0 out of 5 stars The only precise thing about it is how terrible it is
Absolutely terrible to the point where a £5 mouse from ASDA outperforms it.

From the moment that I first used this 'high precision' mouse, it felt more unwieldy than my minimouse. Granted, my hands are actually about the size of the average woman's, but regardless it felt like I was holding a brick.

Now, when I game I turn off mouse acceleration to...
Published 3 months ago by Louis Blackburn

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: TeckNet® High Precision Gaming Mouse with 2,000 DPI, 6 Button, Extra weight (Personal Computers)

Surprisingly the answer was not far - make no mistake this does look and feel like a budget mouse, but it performs exactly as advertised. There is no software to adjust the sensitivity, rather you must observe the LED under the mouse wheel which will increase in brightness as the DPI is increased. This can be quite difficult to check, but as there are only 3 settings and you will see a noticeable difference in the speed of the cursor onscreen it's not really a problem.

PROs

- Fits my hand quite well
- A decent stopgap replacement for a more expensive mouse
- No software necessary, just plug in and play
- Wired so no batteries necessary
- Assignable side buttons
- CHEAP

CONs

- Initially the right mouse button was quite stiff due to the button rubbing against the rest of the mouse construction - after some non-mechanical adjustment it seems to have gone away however
- I had to unplug it at night since the mouse was not powering off with the PC, meaning that the bright blue LED stayed on (after reinstalling Windows however it powered off correctly so this isn't a problem any more)
- It does feel very plasticky and cheap but I didn't expect otherwise
- The clickers are embarassingly loud so wear headphones!

2,000 DPI is not quite enough for my current needs but I'd definitely be willing to check out the other TeckNet mice based on the strength of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars For £60 I'd be very pleased with this, 27 Dec. 2014
I do a gaming mouse diary/review thing for my clansite 'the Nitwitts' at 'thenitwitts.enjin.com'. Click on 'general discussion'. The idea is I spend the money so you don't have to.You can see my pain or not when using them. This one is nothing short of spectacular. I'm in the middle of my review on this one. Got about 100 gaming mice now and frankly for the money the Technet M008 is unbelievable.
For £60 I'd be very pleased with this, for £20 it's a joke..in a nice way. It has a solid metal base as found on a Madcatz Rat, the non-sweat coating is one of the best I've ever seen, 13 buttons that are all programmable, good quality weights, the list just goes on. They've not gone cheap on this mouse at all, you get the lot. Those side buttons are a work of genius, they are all usable within a fraction of a second. The rear one is activate using the heal of your thumb and it works like a dream.
This particular version comes without the fancy box or manual. It does have a manual, just not a fancy one. The fancy version is from Utechsmart and that's £30. As said, in the middle of testing this at present so it may fall down on something or other but right now think, for me, this is the best I've ever seen for the money by a long, long way. Seen alot of other mice from these particular makers, but this M008 is just way ahead of anything they've produced before.
I've also got the Technet M009 and this is being reviewed on 'the nitwitts' site now. The M009 is a slightly bigger version of the M008, it's a few pounds cheaper, does'nt have a non-sweat coating and the buttons are not as good as the M008. As said, it's the unique side thumb buttons that interested me from the start on these mice, and to use they are lightning fast. At the end of the day you get your monies worth here. I have mice three/four times the price of these and half as good. At the moment Technet don't have the drivers available on their site but I've detailed where to get them at the nitwitts if the dog eats your disk. The softwares glitch free on W7 64bit, and it's got lots on it, again I've done many screenshots on the nitwitts which I can't put here. It's on par with the Perixx MX-2000 but with game winning side thumb buttons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Stuff! But it will need an extra program to sort things out..., 22 July 2014
I bought this because the glides under my old mouse were wearing out taking my cloth mousepad with it and I couldn't find replacement glides for it anywhere since they were an unusual shape. The glides under this mouse are more conventional with an oval shape which is easy to find and they are really good for making the mouse easier to move despite the 40g extra weight.

The mouse itself doesn't have changeable weight tuning, which is a bit misleading. Instead, the 40g of extra weight is already placed into the mouse for you which makes the back of the mouse seem heavier. If you're not used to weight tuned mice then you will find this mouse hard to use but once you're used to it the extra weight at the back helps to stabilize your aim.

Overall it's a good gaming mouse if you won't need more than 2000 dpi. The only reason that this mouse didn't get 5 stars is because there is no option by default to set macros for it and that the "MOUSE4" and "MOUSE5" buttons (the ones at the side) don't work in games but this can be overcome by downloading a program called "X-Mouse Button Control". Unlike games this program will recognize your side buttons but for some reason they're the wrong way around ("Mouse4" on the physical mouse actually registers as Mouse5 and vice versa) and you have an option so these buttons can emulate a real MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 key press and this will solve the issue of not being able to press MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 in games. You will still be able to go back and forth in web browsers as normal once you've done this. I guess you can also use X-Mouse to make macros for the two extra buttons if you wish but be aware that you will have to manually change it for each game.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 18 July 2013
Product was much much better than I had expected.

Nice feel and customization, it includes weights to add into the mouse to give it a heavier/lighter feel!.

I think this might be a rebranded Anker gaming mouse (which costs alot more). You can download the drivers from the Anker site, and then use it to customize the light colours etc (personally I turn them all off for gaming in the dark, I find the blue lights distracting)

7 programmable buttons (if you include the scroll click) and a button on the bottom to swap profiles. What more could you want?!?

Would of happily paid more for this mouse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay silly money..?, 10 Mar. 2015
J. L. Giles (UK) - See all my reviews
Fast delivery, well packaged and received undamaged. Having Amazon Prime I ordered this mouse on the Saturday morning and it was delivered on the Sunday..Excellent. Setting up was fast, easy and hassle free, Having had my (£70) Logitek G700 give up on me I was looking for the sam kind of button set up and DPI control for different ingame and media control, I came across this TeckNet M009. It seemed to look the same had roughly the same button lay out and shape as the Logitek at a much, much lower price, the only difference I could see was it wasn't wireless but that wasn't going to be a deal breaker as the Logitek was mostly plugged in on charge anyway(still usable). Anyway, so plugged the TeckNet in a spare USB socket and loaded the software up then clicked on the "mouse setting" icon on my desktop. The settings menu/window is instantly easily understood and very well layed out. So many settings for the hardcore gamer or Media buff, or simple settings for the casual computer user. Multi button configerations Ie: Macros, single key stroke, multi key stroke and many more..Mouse acceleration, pointerspeed scroll speed, double click speed with tester panel and a Polling rate in Hz..Then the next window is DPI multi speed setting, next window is the mouse light colour which has brightness levels or off, and a multi colour chart for custom colour, your choice. also there is a "breathing" control which makes the light pulsate at a steady breathing rate which is also speed controlable..Once you are happy with your personel set up go back to page 1 in the window and click on any of the 5 profile save buttons and your all set to go. Having 5 profile save spaces you have full control in any game or media centre/software on the fly. different profile settings changes the colour of the mouse wheel so you know exactly what profile you are using all the time. You can also set the DPI settings on the fly with the 2 buttons just below the mouse wheel, theres also 4 tiny red LED lights to let you know what DPI setting you have chosen..+ comes with a set of small weights which slot into a compartment on the underside of the mouse so you can play around with the lightness or the solid weighted feel to your desire..Excellent! This is a been a long review as I'm very impressed with the overal features and settings control you have and usually I pay silly money for the best of what is avaiiable for my needs. This mouse has really changed my mind on my spending habbits..So I can not fault this TeckNet M009 mouse at all and thouroughly reccomend to any gamer, media buff or casual computer user out there! Forgot to mention "comfort"...Slots in the hand very nice and all the buttons are exactly where you want them to be, the mouse has a non slip surface and feels great. The buttons have a nice clear "click" when pressed so doesn't feel cheap and nasty at all. Mouse wheel has a very slight notchy guide for precise positioning..Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gaming Mouse, but need Game Controller App for Mac OS X, 30 Oct. 2013
Hello there, Just leaving feedback on this fine mouse..well, MICE... I bought two :D

Excellent build quality, a little heavier than I'm used too, so havent bothered with the adjustable weights. I use this mostly for COD4 Modern Warfare on Mac OS X snow leopard.
... It was so fast on the top DPI that I thought my eyeballs were gonna fly outta my head!
Luckily, the lights on the top are REALLY nice and you can always tell just what DPI setting your on.. the top one is ....fast!

This seems to be a rebranded Anchor Mouse... which costs twice the price.
its here
[...]

Ergonomically, its a beauty, the three gold buttons look like they would be in the way but work fine, the top one took a little getting used too as ...I dont usually have one there :)

I was advised by a mate to get one of these, and his report was so good, I got two.... :) very happy with it BUT

...It works fine however the programmable buttons ....arent on the Mac :)

Unless... you use a Game Controller, programming app... which I DO! lucky me.

using

Controller mate, from Ordered BYtes
[...] then this mouse is the Bomb!

FUlly customisable, and all buttons can be programmed as you wish :)

There are also other apps you can try , but the buttons will work fine if you select them in game , but you cant program them to be particular things...say like A D S W. but you can just click the buttons in COD to select them. so fine :)

happy days :)

Also, If you use windows aswell, its no problem and you can do as you wish.

personally I'm VERY HAPPY....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprised..., 25 Aug. 2014
Recently my mouse broke so I started using my backup mouse which is a wireless Logitech MX Revolution, however upon plugging it in it started skipping.

I suspected this was just a quirk of it being wireless but have my mouse break and now my back up not functioning properly I thought maybe it was a USB port problem on the motherboard itself, so rather than blow £80+ on a brand new mouse which may suffer the same problems I just wanted a cheap test so headed to amazon.

Upon seeing this mouse I suspected the worse, it looks very cool on the images so I figured I'd roll the dice and you know what? I'm glad I did.

The cheapness only really shows in 3 aspects:

1) The lack of support documentation and drivers
2) The no frills packaging
3) The "shell" of the mouse is just that, a shell and it's only purpose is to look cool it's not really there to aid function.

Now whilst it doesn't come with much documentations or drivers you really don't need any, and the mouse is a straight plug and play. I hate paying more for packaging that will end up in the bin roughly a week later so the little box is actually preferable for me.

Now the "shell" is a build quality thing and the only place where you can see evidence of them cutting corners on this mouse. It's not that the quality is poor it's that the shell wasn't designed with the components of the mouse itself in mind. The cutout groves in the side which are usually DPI indicators aren't actually anything at all, it's as if there's just one really bright blue LED in the mouse and all the holes exposing the light give the impression that there's a lot more going on than there actually is.

Also the optical/laser (no idea what it is tbh, at £10 I didn't care lol) light shines through the font of the mouse so if you have a dual/tri monitor setup you'll probably get some glare on the the screen as the light reflects off it.

That's really the only gap in quality I can find, granted I've only had it for about an hour but unless it falls apart in my hand at some point in the next week I have to say it seems like incredible value.

Oh and worth adding I don't generally buy rubbish, all my previous mice (if that's the plural form) have all been what most would consider quality products. They include Razer Copperheads, Razer Diamondbacks, Razer DeathAdders, Logitech G7, Logitech G5, Roccat Kone+ as well as non-gaming mice such as Evoluent 4 vertical mouse, Logitech Air, Logitech MX Revolution... you get the point.

I mention this because typically you get a lot of people judging products as being good because they're not used to quality, I am, and this mouse really surprised me.

1.0 out of 5 stars The only precise thing about it is how terrible it is, 24 Dec. 2014
Absolutely terrible to the point where a £5 mouse from ASDA outperforms it.

Now, when I game I turn off mouse acceleration to get a higher level of precision that is consistent throughout every game that I play. Using the minimouse I've got a fairly decent level of accuracy and precision. Not so with this mouse. At first I thought that it was due to a difference of DPI, but switching the mouse to the same DPI, I still found after extensive testing that I just couldn't achieve the same level of precision as I had with the minimouse.

I haven't had the chance to bother with the programmable buttons, but I suppose that they aren't located in too inconvenient a place, and are easy enough to reach.

Buy if:

You like buttons

Don't buy if:

You're looking for something with precision

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Experience., 14 Aug. 2014
Mr. M. Ovais - See all my reviews
Delivery was good, arrived on the day listed when the order was made. The packaging was sufficient for the product.

The product itself looks good, it's a stylish little mouse with a comfortable feel in the hands. It was very easy to set up, I downloaded and installed a driver from their website. Once the USB portion was inserted into the computer and I switched the mouse to On, it picked it up.

The first thing I did was change the DPI as it was too low for me and I got it to what was probably the same as the setting with my previous wired mouse, about the same speed of response.

So far so good.

So I decided to give it a first crack playing a game. I play RTS games on my PC so I'm constantly having to select mass units, individual units etc. That is where this mouse failed miserably, it was almost like I had to click twice to get something to happen. It was like the distance between the mouse and the PC was 5/6 metre, when in relaity it was less than 1 metre. I tried to change the DPI, use a different USB slot in my PC, but the results were the same. The mouse is find if you're not gaming, but definitely no good for me as a gamer.

So I decided to give it to my brother to use with the laptop as a non-gamer. In the meantime I'm using my wired logitech gaming mouse, which I've have for 18 months and I'm very happy with. My first experience with a gaming mouse hasn't been a pleasant one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problems then solutions, 13 Feb. 2014
I bought this mouse for my little brother whom i've been slowly bringing from the darkness of console gaming towards the whimsical wonder of PC. Coupled with my old laptop and a steam account i decided that as christmas was coming up that this would be a good mouse for him to use while gaming and snapped it up in November. The mouse arrived in minimal packaging with no damage and my first thoughts were good, in fact i almost thought about keeping it for myself. But that would've required another present so i stuck with giving it to him. Christmas comes around and a big smile from my smaller sibling as he opens this assuming it's a top priced gaming mouse (how little he knew) and was happy with it way up into the beginning of February.

Unfortunately it developed a little problem of randomly disconnecting. Not usually a problem while browsing but while in the middle of some hectic online PVP 5 seconds worth of no mouse every 10 minutes or so was an experience killer and so this mouse found it's way to being put back on my desk by a disgruntled little gamer. I gave Teknet (or bluebyte, not sure who runs the show) a message through Amazon and the next day they sent me out a replacement. so far this one seams like it'll last for a while so all in all top customer service and a great product. Five stars.

Alex.