on 18 June 2012
Anyone who can assemble this in 6 hrs deserves a medal. I found the drawings were confusing at times. Suggest the manufacturer numbers the parts the same numbers as the drawing this would help in identifying the many parts. Once assembled it is an impressive wardrobe and well worth the money. Did have trouble with missing and damaged parts but the seller was fantastic and replaced the items within two days. The only real down side is the finish on the surface of the pine wood. On my unit there were many pits and plane marks on the surface that needed to be filled with wood filler.
on 16 October 2011
Wardrobe was well received, in two enormous boxes. Each weights quite a large amount, so good luck moving them about if you are alone. The instructions reckon it can be put up in an hour, which is a bit of a joke, it took me two days of hard labour! The instructions themselves leave a lot to the imagination, but its pretty hard to go too far wrong, as the pre-drilled holes dictate where to screw. The hardest part is getting the doors on, so that they actually close properly. Some of the smaller screws are pretty soft, so you'll want to screw them by hand, rather than a power tool, I ended up stripping a few of them.

Anyway, enough about construction, the actual wardrobe, when fully put up is ace, nice and solid, with oodles of storage space. And for the price...what more could you ask for?

[Total Dimensions]
157cm (width) 189cm (height) 58cm (depth)

[Main hanging space, for coats/shirts]
92cm (width) 136cm (height)

[Top shelf]
97cm (width) 29cm (height) 55cm (depth)

[Shelves on the right]
50cm (width)
11 comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2012
Okay, I bought two of them and erected them on my own. It did take a couple of hours to build each one but it is worth it. The quality of the pine is not fantastic but I suppose you get what you pay for. On both of them I have to shave the bottom of one of the doors. The finished item looks great but I do not think that they will be around for more than 10 years or so.
By the way, the customer service of the company that sells these is fantastic, each wardrobe arrives in two packages, I received three of one package and one of the other, the supplier sent a courier to deliver a new package and collect the incorrect one the next day.
on 29 July 2013
I found the quality to be ok. It is very very detailed and it took me almost 4 hrs to put together.

However, the worst thing is the dimensions. The details on here say the width is 153cm. I was hoping to put this in a recess measuring 156cm. By the time I had put the beast together I was gutted to see it's total width was actually 157cm!! I won't repeat what I said. It took up 4 hours of my weekend and it meant I missed the wonderful and rare UK sunshine - I was not about to send it back and completely waste my time. I decided to chisel away part of the top panel and leave off the trim round the bottom. It fits now.

I sent a note to the seller about this but the comment has been ignored. I also asked them to change the dimensions but the details remain the same.

The product itself is ok though - just be careful with the measurements.
on 6 March 2014
I read one of the reviews about this wardrobe from a guy who took 2 days to build it 'and I have a phd'! All I can say is that it took me 3.5 hours, I'm not a particularly strong girl, I didn't go to Uni, and I am not a D.I.Y specialist, I am, however, a girl, on my own, 3 and a half hours!!! Come guys sort it out!! hahahaa (sorry, but I am so proud of myself that I have to rub it in......surely!!!)

anyhoo, I love this wardrobe, you get so much space, for the price, you really can't go wrong
on 4 April 2013
This is a nice sized wardrobe and the combination of shelving and hanging is really nice! It was easy to assemble. Only problem were some bolts for the handles were missing.
on 6 November 2012
Very nice look, and happy with final product. Assembled by self but took a long time. Doors don't stay closed very easily.
on 12 January 2011
I purchased this wardrobe for my teenage son, seriously tempted to buy another. My husband assembled it by himself, it took about 6 hours. It is absolutely huge, has so much space and is beautiful to look at! It is a solid piece of furniture and very heavy, but good quality and beautifully made. We are very impressed with this item and when we placed the order, it was delivered within a few days, so we didn't have to wait long at all. I would highly recommend this item and the price is fantastic too, very impressed!
on 18 January 2014
Excellent value for money. The instructions say that two people are needed to assemble it, I am a female pensioner and managed to do it by myself. Okay it took me a bit longer, but the sense of satisfaction when completed was great!! Nice item!
on 25 June 2014
The wardrobe arrived very quickly and is exactly as stated in the advert. One of the side edging pieces was warped, which meant we couldn't fit the shelves, so I contacted the seller who, within 10 minutes, dispatched another piece that arrived within 48 hours. I was most impressed with this service, and will certainly purchase through them again. I have already recommended them to others as their prompt reply and quick remedy to the problem was service beyond my expectations. The completed wardrobe is exactly as expected and I am considering purchasing another when I can find a room that needs one!
Very happy with the company and service and product.
I believe an earlier posting of mine might have given the impression that I was rating it as 1 star. That is certailnly NOT the case, it is my inadequacy at using the internet! Well done Mercer's furniture, I am most impressed.